the joys of netflix and huluplus

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
i have given up cable..it was hard to do...with the streaming stuff off roku..i get to watch a lot of documentaries....a lot....so tell me this...do you use roku or any other system...how to you make the most of it...and what are you watching?

i just finished the first season of 'the following' not sure i want to watch anymore of it...just too gory for the sake of gore

Amazon Prime is ok, also use Netflix, Hulu is good for other shows, even with all three the cable bill was still higher..

i find myself using mostly netflix...we use hulu for tv shows...but we dont watch a lot of that....
rake is pretty good.....

and we catch big bang on the computer

I've got Netflix and also a Roku thing. I don't pay for extra Roku stuff. I'm cheap these days.
We dumped cable months ago. Don't miss it at all.
I get local news from one station that streams their broadcasts. And also WGN streams too.

I didn't count a few that I happened to catch parts of. I counted only the ones that I watched with the intent of really trying them out; and I had watched 13 of the 190. I'll note that there were a few current shows that I watched that are not listed on there for whatever reason. And there are some non-running shows that I watched as well. Mainly, I look for value more than volume. I look for a show that I want to watch the entire series rather than take in a smorgasborg of shows.

Forum List

Back