The Immigration Question

Unkotare

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2011
Consultant urges 'one-of-a-kind' immigration policy for Japan ? Japan Today: Japan News and Discussion

"In its cover story for June, Sapio devotes 14 articles—including a contribution by former Tokyo Gov Shintaro Ishihara—and 23 pages to wide-ranging discussions on the subject of immigration. It looks like substantial changes are coming, and coming soon. What form should immigration take? What are the merits and demerits?"

We in America would do well to pay close attention to such debates because although we have more time to plan for it, we are going to face the same issues sooner or later.

Fuck off, idiot. No one requested your ignorance or your bigotry.

Japan sure looks radioactive to me.

Migrate there?

Fallout!

video

LIZ HAYES: If you thought nuclear disaster had been averted in Japan, then meet physicist, Michio Kaku.

MICHIO: If you’ve been exposed because you’re an atomic worker, even after you’re long dead and buried your gravesite will be radioactive. Your great grandkids can come with Geiger counters and see that great granddaddy still has radiation at his gravesite.

LIZ HAYES: Are you serious?

MICHIO: I’m serious

LIZ HAYES: The death and destruction, the displacement of so many families has been quite shocking and radioactive contamination just adds another layer to what is already an unspeakable tragedy, these were obviously people’s homes but because the nuclear plant is just 20 kilometres the decision to return rebuild may well be out of their hands. More than 135,000 people have been forced to evacuate. The streets, in towns and villages are now mostly deserted. And locals have been told their food and water may be contaminated. Shall we test these?

FRED: There’s the same as an X-ray according to this.

LIZ HAYES: So every time you have a cabbage you have an X-ray.

FRED: Yep.

LIZ HAYES: These are Japan’s radiation refugees, thousands who are now living in cardboard shelters sleeping on the floors of public buildings with few possessions and little privacy and facing a future that doesn’t seem to offer much more. When you look at this I do feel like I’m looking through someone’s window. People have gone to a lot of effort to try and make a cardboard box home.

CHIA: Yeah, I’m surprised to see there are photographs and all the book shelves built up.

LIZ HAYES: Many Japanese people, like Chia Matsumoto fear their country will never fully recover. Do you think you’ll ever be able to take food, water, the air you breathe for granted again?

CHIA: Ah, knowingly no, I don’t think so. I just have to believe that that’s safe to eat or drink. But somewhere in my mind I’m sure I know and I always suspect or always doubt is this, I have to ask myself “is this is okay, or if I do this, is it going to show in my health in a few years’ time. I already do.”

etc

Last edited:

Forum List

Back