The happiest day of your life

JakeStarkey

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2009
What was it? I truly enjoyed early morning beach surfing when I was young.

14370210_954810691295599_1670804868612905589_n.jpg

October 18th, 1989

I became a born again believer and follower of Jesus Christ on October 18th, 1989.
(best decision I ever made in my life!)

Last edited:
Married my wife 36 years ago this month.

My becoming a Christian was a gradual process, so it wasn't a "day".
There is no such thing as a gradual process in salvation. There could be a gradual process leading up to the day of salvation but there must be a specific day, time, hour when you become born again. The Bible teaches us this in testimony after testimony of those who have believed on the Lord Jesus Christ. On the day I was miraculously saved by the Lord Jesus Christ I remember where I was, what I was doing and the time I have received the Lord Jesus Christ as my Savior and LORD - it was 8:58 p.m. on Oct. 18, 1989.

Some people may receive Jesus Christ and not record the time (or date) they accepted him but they certainly can tell you about the day they received Jesus Christ becoming a born again believer and how it happened. This is part of the testimony of born again believers, Weatherman.

As for sanctification which comes afterward, that is a process but first comes the moment of salvation and it is indeed a definite day (or night) that will not be forgotten.

To believe otherwise is like saying, I gradually got married - it wasn't a "day." No, you didn't. You had a long courtship (or a short one) and on a specific day you said those vows, you made that covenant with your betrothed before God (and hopefully with God) on a specific day at a specific hour and that is that. If you didn't do that? You're not married.

You mentioned you were Catholic before. If you never believed on the Lord Jesus Christ, departed from Catholicism and joined the family of God, you're still in religion and believing on an institution and its doctrines for salvation (it won't work). I used to be a Catholic. I know what I'm talking about.

Look at this account of the Jailer and his family and how they were saved:

Acts 16:25-34 King James Version (KJV)
25 And at midnight Paul and Silas prayed, and sang praises unto God: and the prisoners heard them.

26 And suddenly there was a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison were shaken: and immediately all the doors were opened, and every one's bands were loosed.

27 And the keeper of the prison awaking out of his sleep, and seeing the prison doors open, he drew out his sword, and would have killed himself, supposing that the prisoners had been fled.

28 But Paul cried with a loud voice, saying, Do thyself no harm: for we are all here.

29 Then he called for a light, and sprang in, and came trembling, and fell down before Paul and Silas,

30 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?

31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

32 And they spake unto him the word of the Lord, and to all that were in his house.

33 And he took them the same hour of the night, and washed their stripes; and was baptized, he and all his, straightway.

34 And when he had brought them into his house, he set meat before them, and rejoiced, believing in God with all his house.

King James Version (KJV)

Pray to the Father to send the Holy Spirit to draw you to Jesus Christ so that you may receive the miracle of salvation through Jesus Christ. There is no other name by which a man (or woman or child) can be saved. We must come to Jesus Christ and renounce all works of darkness, affiliations with false churches, cults, etc. The Word of God tells us we must come out from among them and be ye separated.

Last edited:
Married my wife 36 years ago this month.

My becoming a Christian was a gradual process, so it wasn't a "day".
There is no such thing as a gradual process in salvation. There could be a gradual process leading up to the day of salvation but there must be a specific day, time, hour when you become born again. The Bible teaches us this in testimony after testimony of those who have believed on the Lord Jesus Christ. On the day I was miraculously saved by the Lord Jesus Christ I remember where I was, what I was doing and the time I have received the Lord Jesus Christ as my Savior and LORD - it was 8:58 p.m. on Oct. 18, 1989.

Some people may receive Jesus Christ and not record the time (or date) they accepted him but they certainly can tell you about the day they received Jesus Christ becoming a born again believer and how it happened. This is part of the testimony of born again believers, Weatherman.

As for sanctification which comes afterward, that is a process but first comes the moment of salvation and it is indeed a definite day (or night) that will not be forgotten.

To believe otherwise is like saying, I gradually got married - it wasn't a "day." No, you didn't. You had a long courtship (or a short one) and on a specific day you said those vows, you made that covenant with your betrothed before God (and hopefully with God) on a specific day at a specific hour and that is that. If you didn't do that? You're not married.

You mentioned you were Catholic before. If you never believed on the Lord Jesus Christ, departed from Catholicism and joined the family of God, you're still in religion and believing on an institution and its doctrines for salvation (it won't work). I used to be a Catholic. I know what I'm talking about.

Look at this account of the Jailer and his family and how they were saved:

Acts 16:25-34 King James Version (KJV)
25 And at midnight Paul and Silas prayed, and sang praises unto God: and the prisoners heard them.

26 And suddenly there was a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison were shaken: and immediately all the doors were opened, and every one's bands were loosed.

27 And the keeper of the prison awaking out of his sleep, and seeing the prison doors open, he drew out his sword, and would have killed himself, supposing that the prisoners had been fled.

28 But Paul cried with a loud voice, saying, Do thyself no harm: for we are all here.

29 Then he called for a light, and sprang in, and came trembling, and fell down before Paul and Silas,

30 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?

31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

32 And they spake unto him the word of the Lord, and to all that were in his house.

33 And he took them the same hour of the night, and washed their stripes; and was baptized, he and all his, straightway.

34 And when he had brought them into his house, he set meat before them, and rejoiced, believing in God with all his house.

King James Version (KJV)

Pray to the Father to send the Holy Spirit to draw you to Jesus Christ so that you may receive the miracle of salvation through Jesus Christ. There is no other name by which a man (or woman or child) can be saved. We must come to Jesus Christ and renounce all works of darkness, affiliations with false churches, cults, etc. The Word of God tells us we must come out from among them and be ye separated.
You're blowing smoke up your own butt. There is not a sudden light switch for everyone. Many of the greatest Christians around today had serious doubts on their paths, and 99.9% of all Christians will again question their faith in their lives.

Graduation from high school was probably the happiest.

Graduation from college in close 2nd.

Graduation from grad school 3rd.

Very glad to get school over with.

When I started 1st grade I asked my dad how long does this last?

He said maybe the next 20 years! He was right.

Almost 20 years exactly.

Happiest day in my life? Well...I think when I was a kid all days were happy!
No job, no responsabilities, just kidding around
That was good life
But when you were a kid you did not have orgasms yet. Big difference.

Forum List

Back