Ringel05

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2009
Duke City
The radio.

iu

iu

Communications.

Radio was the only wireless communication they had back in the first world war but it was not secure. The enemy could easily listen in.

As a 2531 MOS I carried a "ANPRC 10" in the Marines. We called it a "Prick 10" and it weighed in at close to 30 lbs including spare battery. Radio operators were expected to carry the same combat gear as Infantry except for a .45 instead of a rifle.

The old ANPRC 6 hand held radio aka walkie talkie was around in the early 60's in the Marines. I don't know if it ever worked because it was useless when we had it. You couldn't even get batteries.

The radio.

iu

iu

Communications.
radios are not battle implements. They are used for civilian use also
implement
[implement]

NOUN
  1. a tool, utensil, or other piece of equipment, especially as used for a particular purpose.

also, it is not directly used in battle. it is used to connect the battle implements like arty, tanks, ships

radios are not battle implements. They are used for civilian use also
implement
[implement]

NOUN
  1. a tool, utensil, or other piece of equipment, especially as used for a particular purpose.
Radio’s are powerful weapons that provide Information

Where is the enemy?
Where are supporting troops?
Where to direct firepower
I need fuel, ammunition, supplies

If you have that capability and your enemy does not
You have a powerful advantage

rightwinger wow!! last time I checked, they did not have radios in:
Napoleonic Wars
Seven Years Wars
Punic Wars
etc etc
2 things:
1. it was not invented just for wars
2. it is not used directly for battle

rightwinger wow!! last time I checked, they did not have radios in:
Napoleonic Wars
Seven Years Wars
Punic Wars
etc etc
2 things:
1. it was not invented just for wars
2. it is not used directly for battle
Read up on those wars and see how many battles were lost due to a lack of or delay in communications

Much of communications innovations were invented for wars and transitioned to the civilian world.

Comms are used directly in battle.
Command and Control does not function without communication

Read up on those wars and see how many battles were lost due to a lack of or delay in communications

Much of communications innovations were invented for wars and transitioned to the civilian world.

Comms are used directly in battle.
Command and Control does not function without communication
you totally messed up. Hannibal, without a radio, beat the Romans .......!! wow!!! most of those battles had winners - that did not have radios. My point is radios were not used in those wars
radios are not used directly in battles = they do not kill
they are important- but they are not battle specific - not designed for battle only

you totally messed up. Hannibal, without a radio, beat the Romans .......!! wow!!! most of those battles had winners - that did not have radios. My point is radios were not used in those wars
radios are not used directly in battles = they do not kill
they are important- but they are not battle specific - not designed for battle only
Your look at ancient battles overlooks how many battles were lost due to a lack of communications
A key purpose of Cavalry was to provide communications to the Infantry
If you have effective communications and your enemy does not, you can defeat a much larger force

Your look at ancient battles overlooks how many battles were lost due to a lack of communications
A key purpose of Cavalry was to provide communications to the Infantry
If you have effective communications and your enemy does not, you can defeat a much larger force
they did not have radios
-at Cannae, the Romans lost because their cavalry lost--not communications
also---!! most radios were the ''same'' for all armies--so, they really don't make a difference as could a weapon like the T34 or Panther or P51

rightwinger tanks and airpower changed warfare much, much more than radios -this is undeniable. I would put choppers above radios

rightwinger tanks and airpower changed warfare much, much more than radios -this is undeniable. I would put choppers above radios

Ever see the impact of radar?
Modern radar connected by radio changed WWII.

An undermanned RAF defeated the Luftwaffe because radar allowed them to concentrate forces.
Radar neutralized the German U Boats and allowed shipping to go through.

Forum List

Back