The great movie list

Unforgiven (9/10) Movie CLIP - I'm Here to Kill Y…:

I paid $6.50 to watch a movie with no conclusion, no ending. Other wise, typical Hollywood artifice. They yank the carpet from under your feet. No ending. I am talking about "No country for old men". Second worst movie I ever paid to endure. I like the Coen brothers flicks. I would ask David and Ethan: Don't pull that cheap stunt again. At least the "Crying game" you came away with a something other than emptiness.

I paid $6.50 to watch a movie with no conclusion, no ending. Other wise, typical Hollywood artifice. They yank the carpet from under your feet. No ending. I am talking about "No country for old men". Second worst movie I ever paid to endure. I like the Coen brothers flicks. I would ask David and Ethan: Don't pull that cheap stunt again. At least the "Crying game" you came away with a something other than emptiness.

Totally. That movie could have been good if it had an ending. I was really disappointed that I wasted all that time watching the movie (over 2 HOURS), and it left me hanging like that. :mad:

I like to mention a Japanese animated film. "Princess Monokoke". By noted animator Hayao Miyazaki. A moving and beautiful film.

Footloose.Original with Kevin Bacon. New version is shit.Hard to believe people did that piece of crap.should have been called CRAPloose.

those people should be jailed for making that movie.

they are about to ruin the classic Dirty Dancing as well with another remake. You just cant duplicate Patrick Swayze. Hollywood clearly has run out of ideas.

Some may remember this movie as the one in which throughout Humphrey Bogart is playing with his balls.

oh yeah,awesome flick.

If you have the chance watch Caine Mutiny and In a Lonely Place back to back. Those are two great performances by Bogart. He cracks up in both films, but he cracks up the way his character would , not as Bogart sees a mental breakdown.

Footloose.Original with Kevin Bacon. New version is shit.Hard to believe people did that piece of crap.should have been called CRAPloose.

they are about to ruin the classic Dirty Dancing as well with another remake. You just cant duplicate Patrick Swayze. Hollywood clearly has run out of ideas.
God you're gay. LOL.

I didn't love the new Point Break. I thought it'd be better than the original with Keenu Reeves, Gary Busey & Swayze but it wasn't. The story line/plot sucked in the new one. But I loved the original.

Great movies of the 1970s

The French Connection

All the President's Men

Coal Miner's Daughter

Of course both The Godfather and The Godfather part II

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Deliverance

Young Frankenstein

The Deer hunter

Star Wars
Jaws
Rocky
One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest
I'd take Jaws, Star Wars and Rocky off the list of 'great movies' as they are blockbusters intent on making cash and merchandise instead of truly great movies.

Especially Star Wars. By the time it was released in 1977, I had seen Midnight Cowboy, The Godfathers and One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest (truly great films). Star Wars was marketed as a kid's movie.

I do remember Star Wars as the first time I was called 'sir'! Context is important here. I was a sophomore in college and drunk as about seven skunks. "Sir, I must insist you leave the theater"

It was still a 'sir'!

very good point. Had Lucas just left it alone with just the original classic Star Wars trilogy,it could be added there but he got greedy and and got away from what made the first two star wars films great."sadly A NEW HOPE AND EMPIRE STRIKES BACK are in a class by themselves in the star wars films."

He got greedy from what made those two films great which was great acting with the special effects playing backseat to those two films.He made sure the acting was just as great as the special effects were.

Starting with Jedi,that dissapeared with him only being concerned about special effects and yeah with Rocky, Stallone got greedy,he should have just left it as a trilogy and stopped there but he got greedy for the big bucks and stopped caring about good story telling starting with Rocky 4 only concerned about making money. Rocky 3 was the PERFECT way to end it all with him and Appollo going around in circles sparring with each other.that was the perefect way to go out and end it all.:mad-61:

Last edited:

God you're gay. LOL.

I didn't love the new Point Break. I thought it'd be better than the original with Keenu Reeves, Gary Busey & Swayze but it wasn't. The story line/plot sucked in the new one. But I loved the original.

remakes are always bad ideas,they never stand up to the originals. it so much fucking pisses me off they shit on the great filmmaking crew of Footloose with Craploose.

Another one that angers me as much as CRAP FIVE O same as how kevin bacon is the one and only Ren Mccormick,Jack Lord is the one and only Steve Mcgarret.there is no other.

same with The Hulk movies.I just wish hollywood had left them alone and not made any because Bill Bixby is the one and only doctor banner for me,there is no other alive. No other actor out there can come close to making you feel sympathy for the character the way you did for Bixbys Banner.

He made you really care about his character and feel sorry for him what he was going through. None of the move actors were able to make me feel sorry for their character.Bixby just had a magical touch with it.He was born for that role.

God you're gay. LOL.

remakes are always bad ideas,they never stand up to the originals. it so much fucking pisses me off they shit on the great filmmaking crew of Footloose with Craploose.

Another one that angers me as much as CRAP FIVE O same as how kevin bacon is the one and only Ren Mccormick,Jack Lord is the one and only Steve Mcgarret.there is no other.

same with The Hulk movies.I just wish hollywood had left them alone and not made any because Bill Bixby is the one and only doctor banner for me,there is no other alive. No other actor out there can come close to making you feel sympathy for the character the way you did for Bixbys Banner.

He made you really care about his character and feel sorry for him what he was going through. None of the move actors were able to make me feel sorry for their character.Bixby just had a magical touch with it.He was born for that role.
I watch the old hulks now. Too slow. Less bill more hulk.

King Kong's keep getting better.

Was there a Titanic before Leonardo's?

Forum List

Back