THE global warming anthem...

westwall

WHEN GUNS ARE BANNED ONLY THE RICH WILL HAVE GUNS
Gold Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2010
Nevada
So perfect I am amazed no one else has posted it before....

The opening lines are PERFECTION...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDl3bdE3YQA]Edie Brickell & New Bohemians - What I Am - YouTube[/ame]

I could create a program to write sulky posts all day, and the output would sound just like Westwall.

It wouldn't be that difficult. And the program would function equally well no matter what the topic was, being it would simply ignore the topic at hand, and instead sulk at everyone who was defined as "enemy" in the database.

I've always liked that song.. Always reminded me of option to being concious, responsible, and informed.

Gotta admit..
I am occasionally envious of the folks that fit that description in the song...

I've always liked that song.. Always reminded me of option to being concious, responsible, and informed.

Gotta admit..

Blissful ignorance never appealed to me.

It's not a song about blissful ignorance. It's a song about understanding the basics, and not getting fooled by phony complex bullshit.

For example, "Religion, is a smile on a dog." That's not a crack against religion, it's a crack against the babble of "Philosophy of Religion" type discussions.

So, there's the simple and correct -- "The earth is warming". In comparison, there's the convoluted and complex bullshit conspiracy theories of the denialists, which one shouldn't fall for.

Gotta admit..

That's what most Type A high-strung overacheivers think,, til they take a real sabbatical or month in paradise :eusa_angel: :eusa_angel: :eusa_angel:

Gotta admit..

That's what most Type A high-strung overacheivers think,, til they take a real sabbatical or month in paradise :eusa_angel: :eusa_angel: :eusa_angel:

My friend I spent two months living on 90 Mile Beach on the North Island of New Zealand with my future wife back in the day. Nothing but sand, food, a beautiful woman and the very occasional tourist.

That WAS paradise....

Attachments

• $90 mile beach.jpg
    $90 mile beach.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:

Forum List

Back