The Gift that keeps on taking

Mr.Fitnah

Dreamcrusher
Jul 14, 2009
Paradise.
JC is not worth remembering in any positive way.
He was not up for the job easily fooled and weak .
Perhaps he was as good as we ever deserve in this modern age.

The tennis court at former President Jimmy Carter‘s private home is swept twice a day, his pool is cleaned daily and his grass cut, his flower beds weeded and his windows washed on a regular basis — all at taxpayers’ expense.

His allowance is the lowest of any former president: $312,000 less than that of George H.W. Bush, $570,000 less than what Bill Clinton receives and $788,000 less than George W. Bush’s allotment. Presidents are given more staffing money in their first 30 months out of office.

Mr. Carter also receives lifetime protection from the U.S. Secret Service, though that cost is not made public and is not included in the $518,000 figure.

Mr. Carter isn’t the only ex-president to have signed a life estate agreement with the Park Service, but his is apparently the only one leaving the government to foot the bill for basic upkeep.

I say turn it over to the DOJ to house homeless "palestinians" .

future_apples_oranges.png

I don't see the problem here. He receives far less than any other living President who is out office and lifetime protection from the Secret Service.

There are several legitimate reasons to criticize Jimmy Carter, however this isn't one of them.

Could be cause you are an idiot?

Did you know that mad hatter were caused by lead poisoning?

Could be cause you are an idiot?

Did you know that mad hatter were caused by lead poisoning?

I'm fully aware of where the phrase "Mad as a Hatter" comes from.

That doesn't answer my question however. I'm failing to see the problem here. Is it with the fact that a former President of the United States has received secret service protection after he has left office? The only President to ever get rid of his protection was Nixon, ten years after he left office.

Your complaint I assume wouldn't be how much Jimmy Carter receives since your own article points out that he receives far less than any other President.

If your problem is with him receiving any funds because you thought he was incompetent, then I'm sure others would make the same partisan argument when it comes to George Sr or George Jr.

Last edited:
JC is not worth remembering in any positive way.
He was not up for the job easily fooled and weak .
Perhaps he was as good as we ever deserve in this modern age.

The tennis court at former President Jimmy Carter‘s private home is swept twice a day, his pool is cleaned daily and his grass cut, his flower beds weeded and his windows washed on a regular basis — all at taxpayers’ expense.

His allowance is the lowest of any former president: $312,000 less than that of George H.W. Bush, $570,000 less than what Bill Clinton receives and $788,000 less than George W. Bush’s allotment. Presidents are given more staffing money in their first 30 months out of office.

Mr. Carter also receives lifetime protection from the U.S. Secret Service, though that cost is not made public and is not included in the $518,000 figure.

Mr. Carter isn’t the only ex-president to have signed a life estate agreement with the Park Service, but his is apparently the only one leaving the government to foot the bill for basic upkeep.

I say turn it over to the DOJ to house homeless "palestinians" .

All former presidents get Secret Service protection after leaving office. Nixon did, Ford did etc etc. Thats just one of the perks of being the president.

Id say your problem is you are an idiot.

No other x pres has his shit sweep and cleaned like that on this kind of schedule but go buy yourself some flowers anyway.

Id say your problem is you are an idiot.

No other x pres has his shit sweep and cleaned like that on this kind of schedule but go buy yourself some flowers anyway.

Except you didn't post the whole story. I ran what you gave through google and found the rest myself. I'm not allowed to post links yet apparently until after 15 posts, however anyone can look up the article on the Washington Times website.

The National Park Service themselves said they took a preemptive approach with keeping up maintenance of the Carter home instead of making the same mistake as with the Eisenhower estate.

This thread honestly just seems to be an excuse to attack former President Carter on an non-issue.

Forum List

Back