the foolish statements of the NRA

Nowhere in this thread did I ever claim any proof or sure knowledge that Lanza was a member of the NrA. He probably was. The NRA is probably lying about that. The NRA should prove me wrong by throwing open their membership rolls and letting us see all the drug cartel members that contribute to the NRA and that would also be objective proof of Lanza's involvement with them. I don't take the NRA's word for it!

but for CERTAIN Lanza went through enough training to be certified as a responsible gun owner by the NRA - woops!

Let's start at the top. :) Let Holder open his books to see all the drug cartel members who donate to the Democrats.

Who in their right mind would give guns to criminals?

Criminals. Drug cartel kinda people? Gee whiz who would knowingly allow multiple sales of weapons to criminals?

Fast and Furious ring a freaking bell?

ding.....

ding....

ding....

Fast and furious was started under W you fucking idiot, not to mention the Communists in china and the islamists in the middle east bankroll the snot out of the GOP.

The GOP is the party of communist and islamic loving radicals that hate america.

:eusa_angel:

I don't think you would know truth if it smacked you upside the head.

Fast And Furious Did Not Begin Under President Bush

Posted 06/22/2012 06:23 PM ET

Dubbed "Operation Wide Receiver," the Bush-era operation was run out of Tucson between 2006 and 2007, ending before Bush left office and before Fast and Furious began under Obama in 2009.

The differences between it and Fast and Furious are vast, starting with the fact that Wide Receiver produced no dead bodies.

Operation Wide Receiver used the common law enforcement tactic of "controlled delivery" in which the illegal sales of weapons were allowed to take place, the movements of the weapons were closely monitored and the end purchasers were then apprehended.

It involved gun-tracing, not gun-walking.

Under the "controlled delivery" of Wide Receiver, agents didn't just write down the serial numbers and let the guns disappear as in Fast and Furious.

They closely and physically followed the guns from American dealers to straw purchasers to Mexican buyers.

Most importantly, Wide Receiver was run in close cooperation with Mexican authorities, who were kept in the dark on Fast and Furious.

In contrast ATF agents involved in Fast and Furious have testified that they were ordered not to track the weapons and in cases where interdiction was possible they were ordered to stand down and actually watch the weapons walk.

White House Falsely Blames Bush-Era Wide Receiver For Fast And Furious - Investors.com

The NRA'w Wayne LaPierre claims we could end much of the increasing and spectacular gun violence plaguing the country by simply removing obviously dangerous psychotics from the street.
It is not that easy.
The proof is in the pudding.
The NRA could not spot a future mass murderer in Lanza - they issued him a certificate as proof of that inability.
That understandable failure of the NrA - it's inability to predict future behavior - has been documented in almost every mainstream publication in the country
Here the Atlantiic gives a full rundown of the certificate issued to Lanza by the NRA
Newtown Documents Reveal Adam Lanza's Massive Arsenal & NRA Papers - Dashiell Bennett - The Atlantic Wire
and here Newsweek's online organ tells of it:
The news that Adam Lanza had an NRA certificate is sure to further deepen the anger of many Newtown residents toward the organization, which recently began making robocalls to area residents asking them to oppose gun-control measures being considered by the Connecticut Legislature.

These residents are sure to be only more determined in their efforts to press not just the state legislature but the U.S. Congress for meaningful measures to prevent such a horror from happening again. A particularly moving and articulate statement was posted on the Newtown Action Alliance Facebook page by a mother of two Sandy Hook kids, a 6-year-old daughter in the first grade and a 7-year-old son in the second grade. Susan Ludwig had just arrived outside the school when the shooting began.
New Details Are Released About Contents of the Lanza House - The Daily Beast
This has nothing to do with any conspiracy - it speaks to a simple human limitation. No one can predict the future behavior of most individuals well. Despite what the NRA claims!

During the 10 years of the clinton assault weapons ban did it stop any mass shooting?
Have any of those gun free zones stopped any shootings?
Can you name one gun control law that has saved any lives?

Let's start at the top. :) Let Holder open his books to see all the drug cartel members who donate to the Democrats.

Criminals. Drug cartel kinda people? Gee whiz who would knowingly allow multiple sales of weapons to criminals?

ding.....

ding....

ding....

Fast and furious was started under W you fucking idiot, not to mention the Communists in china and the islamists in the middle east bankroll the snot out of the GOP.

The GOP is the party of communist and islamic loving radicals that hate america.

:eusa_angel:

I don't think you would know truth if it smacked you upside the head.

Fast And Furious Did Not Begin Under President Bush

Posted 06/22/2012 06:23 PM ET

Dubbed "Operation Wide Receiver," the Bush-era operation was run out of Tucson between 2006 and 2007, ending before Bush left office and before Fast and Furious began under Obama in 2009.

The differences between it and Fast and Furious are vast, starting with the fact that Wide Receiver produced no dead bodies.

Operation Wide Receiver used the common law enforcement tactic of "controlled delivery" in which the illegal sales of weapons were allowed to take place, the movements of the weapons were closely monitored and the end purchasers were then apprehended.

It involved gun-tracing, not gun-walking.

Under the "controlled delivery" of Wide Receiver, agents didn't just write down the serial numbers and let the guns disappear as in Fast and Furious.

They closely and physically followed the guns from American dealers to straw purchasers to Mexican buyers.

Most importantly, Wide Receiver was run in close cooperation with Mexican authorities, who were kept in the dark on Fast and Furious.

In contrast ATF agents involved in Fast and Furious have testified that they were ordered not to track the weapons and in cases where interdiction was possible they were ordered to stand down and actually watch the weapons walk.

White House Falsely Blames Bush-Era Wide Receiver For Fast And Furious - Investors.com

OH NO! Not truth, they can't handle the truth.

Nowhere in this thread did I ever claim any proof or sure knowledge that Lanza was a member of the NrA. He probably was. The NRA is probably lying about that. The NRA should prove me wrong by throwing open their membership rolls and letting us see all the drug cartel members that contribute to the NRA and that would also be objective proof of Lanza's involvement with them. I don't take the NRA's word for it!

but for CERTAIN Lanza went through enough training to be certified as a responsible gun owner by the NRA - woops!

ding.....

ding....

ding....

That lie has been disproved so many times i am surprised you could say it with out a giggle. Fast and Furious started in 2009 under Holder. The previous program lost 400 weapons and was STOPPED because it did NOT WORK. In the previous operation Mexican officials were involved and reported they could not track the weapons in Mexico so the program was canceled something HOLDER knew. BEFORE he started it again with 2000 weapons and NO participation from Mexico.

ding.....

ding....

ding....

What year did fast and the furious start?

"The NRA'w Wayne LaPierre claims we could end much of the increasing and spectacular gun violence plaguing the country by simply removing obviously dangerous psychotics from the street."

Once again "gun violence" remains a propaganda term used to mean whatever suits the propagandist's agenda. Overall I think I am in favor of gun violence. Gun violence has allowed me to feed myself and family in times of need. It also resulted in my coming back from Vietnam.
The NRA could not spot a future mass murderer in Lanza - they issued him a certificate as proof of that inability.

And just who is it that you think can spot a future mass murderer with 100% accuracy 100% of the time? You? And what exactly did the NRA certify? And-more importantly- what statement do you dream it makes about his sanity? Major straw man.

"No one can predict the future behavior of most individuals well. Despite what the NRA claims!"

True .But the NRA made no such claim. Another straw man.

"These residents are sure to be only more determined in their efforts to press not just the state legislature but the U.S. Congress for meaningful measures to prevent such a horror from happening again."

True. And they should be. But that doesn't mean they are stupid enough to believe more gun control will help anything.

[/"Any weapon that has a design allowing it to kill scores in seconds - as opposed to a gun designed for self defense or hunting - can be adjudged by the peoples representatives to be a dangerous weapon and banned according to this opinion." I]
"...and we can remove large magazine assault weapons and guns that shoot at a high enough velocity to pierce police armor as well. The right to hunt and protect your family does not entail the right to own bazookas, 30 round mags or 50 cal guns."

Any weapon designed for hunting or self defense is equally effective for killing people. The vast majority of rifles will pierce most body armor. Most box type magazines can be easily converted to hold pretty much as many rounds as desired. And it will be for the courts to decide what is/is not Constitutional. They are not on record as supporting such limitations and I don't see that happening.

Forum List

Back