The Flat Tax

Do you

• Support the flat tax? Why?

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • Support the current progressive income tax? Why?

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Support a national sales tax? Why?

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Support another way to fund government? How?

Votes: 4 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ayup. And as I stated, the term regressive, does not fit to sales taxes in any state of the nation. Basic necessities are not subject to sales taxes. Thus, no matter how much people spend on "basic" necessities, by % of income, it does not matter. Those items are not subject to sales tax.
Nearly all states (45 as of 2002) have instituted some type of general sales tax. State
sales tax rates range from 2.9% (Colorado) to 7.25% (California11). A few states levy a
lower rate on certain goods considered to be necessities, such as food and prescription
drugs.
For example, the general sales tax in Illinois is 6.25% but food and drug sales are
taxed at only 1%.
Other states with sales taxes exempt some necessities from taxation
entirely.
In most states, localities can charge a separate sales tax. While local sales taxes
are generally lower than state sales taxes, there are exceptions. In New York the state
sales tax is 4% but local sales taxes are often higher than 4%.
Sales taxes tend to be quite regressive. The reason is that low-income households tend to
spend a larger share of their income on taxable items than high-income households.
Consider Massachusetts – a state with a typical sales tax rate of 5%. According to the
Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy (McIntyre et al., 2003), Massachusetts
households in the lowest income quintile pay about 2% of their total income in state sales
taxes. Meanwhile, those in the top income quintile pay only about 0.8% of their income
in state sales taxes.o, here is an actual study.
http://www.ase.tufts.edu/gdae/Pubs/wp/03-10-Tax_Incidence.pdf

Now, I know, RKM, you spend your time in the bat shit crazy con web sites. So a simple concept of sales taxes being regressive would be beyond your cognitive reach. But it is OK, me boy. Beleiving what you want is just fine for you. It is all you can really help for. That is how it goes for CI's (congenital Idiots). Remember, it is not your fault. Just bad luck.

Now, you should be immediately angry. At those clowns who you believed when they told you that sales taxes were not regressive. Though, a smart person might have read a bit about it...........
yawn

Examples:
1.Doughnuts sold in packages at a retail grocery store are eligible for the deduction from gross receipts tax. Doughnuts sold at a doughnut shop that sells nothing but doughnuts are not.
Correct. The point being when you buy an item from restaurant, such as starbucks or an extremely expensive restaurant or for a wedding you are not buying a basic necessity. However, items that are not "hot" and are bought at the grocery store more considered more of a basic necessity.

2.Apples sold at a retail grocery store are eligible for the deduction from gross receipts tax. Apples sold at a roadside stand are not.
You don't pay sales tax at groceries on apples in NM unless from a small convenience stores, such as gas stations and 7-11s.

3.Milk sold at a retail grocery store is eligible for the deduction from gross receipts tax. Milk sold at a gas station convenience store is not.
Double speak in the documents is fun huh? The computers make the taxes completely automatic. This is not complex and is not regressive.

Last edited:
Examples:
1.Doughnuts sold in packages at a retail grocery store are eligible for the deduction from gross receipts tax. Doughnuts sold at a doughnut shop that sells nothing but doughnuts are not.
Correct. The point being when you buy an item from restaurant, such as starbucks or an extremely expensive restaurant or for a wedding you are not buying a basic necessity. However, items that are not "hot" and are bought at the grocery store more considered more of a basic necessity.

2.Apples sold at a retail grocery store are eligible for the deduction from gross receipts tax. Apples sold at a roadside stand are not.
You don't pay sales tax at groceries on apples in NM unless from a small convenience stores, such as gas stations and 7-11s.

3.Milk sold at a retail grocery store is eligible for the deduction from gross receipts tax. Milk sold at a gas station convenience store is not.
Double speak in the documents is fun huh? The computers make the taxes completely automatic. This is not complex and is not regressive.
And RKM has NO idea of what is regressive or not regressive. He says sales taxes in nm are not regressive, but offers no link. Funny, eh. No link.
So, I suspect that sales taxes in nm are regressive. But it really makes no difference. As the Tufts study shows. But of course, RKM, being a ci, is incapable of discussion. He simply makes pronouncements. No proof.

So, rkm, do you have a degree in economics??? Do you perhaps TEACH the subject. Do you produce studies for universities??? Do you participate in studies for universities??? Do you read studies from universities???

Of course not. You simply post dogma from bat shit crazy con web sites. And make stupid statements. And because you say something, that you do not prove, you assume that we should all believe you. Which, me boy, is the essence of ignorance.

Got any proof of anything you say, dipshit.

Examples:

And RKM has NO idea of what is regressive or not regressive. He says sales taxes in nm are not regressive, but offers no link. Funny, eh. No link.
So, I suspect that sales taxes in nm are regressive. But it really makes no difference. As the Tufts study shows. But of course, RKM, being a ci, is incapable of discussion. He simply makes pronouncements. No proof.

So, rkm, do you have a degree in economics??? Do you perhaps TEACH the subject. Do you produce studies for universities??? Do you participate in studies for universities??? Do you read studies from universities???

Of course not. You simply post dogma from bat shit crazy con web sites. And make stupid statements. And because you say something, that you do not prove, you assume that we should all believe you. Which, me boy, is the essence of ignorance.

Got any proof of anything you say, dipshit.

That's right ass hole, ZERO TAX is NOT A regressive tax. ZERO TAXATION IS NOT TAXATION OF ANY KIND. How the hell can you call "no tax" on food products a regressive tax? What an idiot. Does your mom still brush your teeth? How the hell is my link to the details of the sale tax in NM not a link? WTF is your malfunction?

Last edited:

Ayup. And as I stated, the term regressive, does not fit to sales taxes in any state of the nation. Basic necessities are not subject to sales taxes. Thus, no matter how much people spend on "basic" necessities, by % of income, it does not matter. Those items are not subject to sales tax.

Wow...did you read the link?
He did not. He apparently thinks the link mentioned N. Mexico. Poor dumb clown. And he completely missed the part about sales taxes being regressive. RKM is what is technically known as a non feedback organism.

Wow...did you read the link?
He did not. He apparently thinks the link mentioned N. Mexico. Poor dumb clown. And he completely missed the part about sales taxes being regressive. RKM is what is technically known as a non feedback organism.

You are nothing but a dirt bag Troll. Into the bin you go... bye bye

So, RKM says:
That's right ass hole, ZERO TAX is NOT A regressive tax. ZERO TAXATION IS NOT TAXATION OF ANY KIND. How the hell can you call "no tax" on food products a regressive tax? What an idiot. Does your mom still brush your teeth? How the hell is my link to the details of the sale tax in NM not a link? WTF is your malfunction?
One of the common traits of con tools is to say that someone said something that they did not. Simply another form of lying. Which rkm is good at.
Because, you see, I did not say paying zero taxes was ANYTHING. That is simply another RKM lie.

Relative to whether or not nm pays sales taxes on food or not, it makes no real difference. Now, I know you did not like the Tufts study. Because, well, just because it did not find what you wanted it to find. Your link, by the way, simply said that sales taxes are generally REGRESSIVE. You really need to read your own sources, as in (dipshit) the ones you link to.

My malfunction? I prefer to deal with people that have class. Liars do not have class. Ergo, I do not like dealing with you. Makes me feel as though I need a bath every time I have to respond to your drivel.

This message is hidden because Rshermr is on your ignore list.

Ah the sound of silence.

Forum List

Back