The first smart gun with facial and fingerprint recognition is now for sale

peacefan

Gold Member
Mar 8, 2018
Amsterdam, Netherlands
The first smart gun with facial and fingerprint recognition is now for sale

Biofire founder Kai Kloepfer says his goal in creating this 9mm smart gun is to have an incremental positive impact on sort of the uniquely American challenge of gun deaths.

Smart guns have mainly been the stuff of movies. In the real world, technological and political challenges have meant the high-tech devices haven't become a reality. That may be about to change.
(Image credit: Biofire)
npr-rss-pixel.png

Remote : Sat, 29 Apr 2023 05:00:24 -0400
Local : 2023-04-29(Saturday) 11 : 00 : 24

Found via NicerApp WebOS

FYI.
i'd get one, if i had the money and lived in the US (which i don't).

I do wonder what other gun owners think of this. I concealed carry all the time, pretty much whenever I have pants on and when I am home I have firearms in small safes around the house, If there was a dependable way to make a handgun safe without locking it in a safe and yet being able to use it immediately I would think it is a great idea.

I'd have to laugh in some ones face if they told me they bought one of these things.
Catering to an audience that is mostly terrified of an inanimate object may not be a best seller but I'm sure some of the hooples will get these novelty items.

I do wonder what other gun owners think of this. I concealed carry all the time, pretty much whenever I have pants on and when I am home I have firearms in small safes around the house, If there was a dependable way to make a handgun safe without locking it in a safe and yet being able to use it immediately I would think it is a great idea.
I'm not against it but for $1,499 I'll stick with my M & P Shields.

Forum List

Back