The first official Death Panel - IPAB

How IS it a death panel? Their role is to negotiate pricing. Which according to the GOP is perfectly normal and fine in our capitalistic society, right?

An unelected panel of bureaucrats (the death panel) decide what gets paid for and what doesn't. Denial of payment means denial of care.
An insurance company also decides what gets paid and what doesn't. How is that any different? Are insurance companies death panels?

Semi valid except insurance doesn't roll under the guise of "healthcare for all" and Obamacare was supposed to fix all the things the mean insurance companies have been doing. This was really meant for all the moonbats touting that death panels were not part of Obamacare, it's the lie of the year, etc...

An unelected panel of bureaucrats (the death panel) decide what gets paid for and what doesn't. Denial of payment means denial of care.
An insurance company also decides what gets paid and what doesn't. How is that any different? Are insurance companies death panels?

Semi valid except insurance doesn't roll under the guise of "healthcare for all" and Obamacare was supposed to fix all the things the mean insurance companies have been doing. This was really meant for all the moonbats touting that death panels were not part of Obamacare, it's the lie of the year, etc...
I think obamacare is the best thing that could have happened to insurance companies.

Price:

“The new health care law gives a board of fifteen unelected, unaccountable bureaucrats an incredible and disturbing level of decision-making authority over the quality and accessibility of health care for America’s seniors,” said Chairman Price. “The Independent Payment Advisory Board would have the power to determine what to pay doctors to provide treatments and services under Medicare. Denial of payment for care would ultimately lead to the denial of care for our seniors. That is an unacceptable vision for the future of Medicare."

"We have to pass it to find out what's in it" - Nancy Pelosi

Enjoy ... :thup:

:rolleyes:

Like EVERY insurance bureaucracy doesn't ALREADY have a panel of dedicated bureaucrats in place whose job function is to deny claims.

I'd rather have a public bureaucrat making the decision based on public rules than a private bureaucrat making the decisions based on this quarters profit projections.

You're certainly entitled to that opinion and i can respect that opinion. The purpose of this thread was to show that the death panel does exist under Obamacare. Now liberals are quickly changing the argument to "the gubment death panel is better than the private insurance death panel".

I think obamacare is the best thing that could have happened to insurance companies.

Like anything else, you have good ones and bad ones imo. I don't want government involved in HC anywhere near this magnitude.

Like anything else, you have good ones and bad ones imo. I don't want government involved in HC anywhere near this magnitude.

Neither do I.

All of our medical stats are worse than those of other industrial nations, until we hit the age of 65. Then, suddenly, the life expectancy and health of our citizens match that of the other industrial nations. So why the magic number of 65? Because that is when MediCare starts.

What we need is a Universal Health Care System. And there are many models out there to choose from. It is not a one size fits all decision. Here are five systems;

Watch The Full Program | Sick Around The World | FRONTLINE | PBS

Without the profit motive in the system, most cost 40% to 60% less per citizen than our present system, and they cover all their citizens. And their results are much better, longer life spans, and a much better infant mortality rate.

It ain't rocket science. They are paying less and getting more for their money.

Given the experiances of the other Democracies, I want the government controling the health care system. Why should I desire to pay twice as much for inferior results. That is what we have with our present system.

Their lobbying efforts paid-off. I remember they spent > $1,000,000+/day during the crafting of the legislation:
Legislating Under the Influence - Health Care Report 2009 - Common Cause
A look at the numbers shows that citizens are right to worry. Major health care interests have spent $1.4 million per day this year lobbying Congress

the eventual bill was so watered-down by Repubs & Bluedogs that it was shameful.

Last edited:

Their lobbying efforts paid-off. I remember they spent > $1,000,000+/day during the crafting of the legislation:
Legislating Under the Influence - Health Care Report 2009 - Common Cause
A look at the numbers shows that citizens are right to worry. Major health care interests have spent $1.4 million per day this year lobbying Congress

the eventual bill was so watered-down by Repubs & Bluedogs that it was shameful.

And yet Obama still signed it.

Given the experiances of the other Democracies, I want the government controling the health care system. Why should I desire to pay twice as much for inferior results. That is what we have with our present system.

Bureaucrats in other nations still care about their nations and people. In America the only thing a politician cares about is the highest bidder for his soul.

Immie

and Obamacare was supposed to fix all the things the mean insurance companies have been doing.

Really? I thought that the health care law was meant to be a reform to improve health care access in our country. I didn't know it was supposed to be an almighty solution to all of problems. Can you give me a link where Obama said it would fix everything? I thought it was only supposed to be an improvement.

Better than nothing. Which is what the GOP would give us.

Aren't you the least bit embarassed that you want things given to you?

You should be. The whole point of becoming an adult is DOING THINGS YOURSELF. PAYING FOR YOURSELF.

What a loser.

Logical fallacy. Try to stick to the subject at hand and make your points like a grown up.

Price:

“The new health care law gives a board of fifteen unelected, unaccountable bureaucrats an incredible and disturbing level of decision-making authority over the quality and accessibility of health care for America’s seniors,” said Chairman Price. “The Independent Payment Advisory Board would have the power to determine what to pay doctors to provide treatments and services under Medicare. Denial of payment for care would ultimately lead to the denial of care for our seniors. That is an unacceptable vision for the future of Medicare."

"We have to pass it to find out what's in it" - Nancy Pelosi

Enjoy ... :thup:

I know you won't answer this, but maybe someone will.

With the reality of limited resources to spend on senior healthcare,

who among you has a plan that would not ultimately cause some seniors to not be able to receive some healthcare because of the cost,

that they could not pay for, and the government could not pay for?

In other words, who among you has a plan that does NOT include some form of so-called 'death panel'?

Better than nothing. Which is what the GOP would give us.

Aren't you the least bit embarassed that you want things given to you?

You should be. The whole point of becoming an adult is DOING THINGS YOURSELF. PAYING FOR YOURSELF.

What a loser.

We ARE still talking about Medicare, right? Last I checked, the Federal Government is still taking money out of my paycheck to help pay for such things. Are you saying that in addition to paying my share of Medicare, I should also save up for a private death panel during retirement?

Yes. Or not. I don't care. But my bs/loser o meter starts to click when someone starts shrieking about what they think should be given to them.

and Obamacare was supposed to fix all the things the mean insurance companies have been doing.

Really? I thought that the health care law was meant to be a reform to improve health care access in our country. I didn't know it was supposed to be an almighty solution to all of problems. Can you give me a link where Obama said it would fix everything? I thought it was only supposed to be an improvement.

Oh, so it didn't fix all the mean things insurance companies do? Good to know, thanks .... :thup:

• Thanks
Reactions: mal

Forum List

Back