The final nail in the coffin

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Bullypulpit, May 6, 2005.

1. Bullypulpit

Bullypulpit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +379
    <center><h1><a href=http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2087-1593607,00.html>IT'S IMPEACHMENT TIME!</a></h1></center>

In a memo labeled "<b>SECRET AND STRICTLY PERSONAL - UK EYES ONLY</b>" and dated 7/23/2002, lies evidence that has led, up to this point, 87 US House members to sign a <a href=http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2002265205_intel06.html>letter</a> demanding an explanation from the Bush administration about the content of this memo. Especially, <blockquote>Bush wanted to remove Saddam, through military action, justified by the conjunction of terrorism and WMD. But <i><b>the intelligence and facts were being fixed around the policy</b></i>. The NSC had no patience with the UN route, and no enthusiasm for publishing material on the Iraqi regime's record. <b>There was little discussion in Washington of the aftermath after military action</b>.</blockquote>

The administration was "fixing" the intel around the policy. In other words, the intel was being cherry-picked and spun to fit the policy. Any intel which didn't support the policy or contradicted it was quietly shunted aside and ignored.You know, like the findings of the IAEA under Mohammed el-Baradei...UNSCOM's Scott Ritter...But this administration has never let inconvenient facts stand in its way.

America went to war in Iraq based upon a fabric of lies. If the information in this memo does not substantiate charges of "high crimes and misdemeanors" against Dubbyuh and members of his administration...nothing will. We can take the Constitution out of its case and burn it, as it will no longer be needed...the Republic will have died.

The followint link is to the FULL TEXT of the memo.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2087-1593607,00.html

2. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741
    :sleep:

3. CSM

CSM Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +708
    How interesting. I read the article you linked to and did not see the part you quoted...but then I am old and senile I guess...or did you add that yourself?

4. CSM

CSM Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +708
    Ah, reading the related articles I see where the partial quote comes from. Interesting that the intelligence and facts were in relation to the evidence for connecting Iraq to 9/11 and not necessarily the whole justification for war. You very deftly lifted and skewed that.

Nice try Bully, you are getting better at being disingenuous (sp?)!

5. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,141
    Bully, you should realize by now that if you are trying to argue the President lied about something. you should have some evidence to support that. Like perhaps what exactly it is that he lied about and what was so wrong with pursuing regime change in Iraq. I mean its not like it was the paradise you would have us believe.

6. no1tovote4

no1tovote4 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +616

Especially when Regime Change had been official US policy since 1998 when the Congress passed the resolution and the President signed it....

Maybe we should reimpeach Clinton for making it US policy and especially for the reasons that were listed.... (psst.... *cough* WMD *cough*).

7. fuzzykitten99

fuzzykitten99 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    You'll have to check the Marauder's Map...
    Ratings:
    +199
    what's wrong bully? i don't see a reply yet from you...
    whassamatta? did your mouse bite your fingers?

8. OCA

OCA Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +223
    Bush will never be impeached, there is nothing to impeach for.

9. Bullypulpit

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +379
    Sorry, I amended the post to include a direct link to the full text of the memo. You will find the section quoted in the second full paragraph. Further on in the memo you'll find that it goed on to state that:

<blockquote> It seemed clear that Bush had made up his mind to take military action, even if the timing was not yet decided. But the case was thin. <b>Saddam was not threatening his neighbours, and his WMD capability was less than that of Libya, North Korea or Iran</b>.</blockquote>

And golly guess what...North Korea is going to soon have the capability to mount their nukes on a balistic missile and Iran will soon have nuclear capability.

The only ones who have lifted and skewed anything are Dubbyuh and his merry band in their "fixing intelligence and facts" to support their policy of regime change in Iraq.

10. Bullypulpit

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +379
    The only reason Dubbyuh won't be impeached is because the Republican controlled Congress can't be counted on to fulfill its Constitutional duty in bringing articles of impeachment against Dubbyuh and those members of his administration who were complicit in this fraud.