The Fed has been pumping cash into banking system the last couple days

They get a vague audit by the congress which doesn’t divulge the details of their OMO. I want to know exactly from who, what, and when they’re buying assets. They say that it’s not open because it would hamper their ability to do their job but that’s unacceptable in this country. Only congress has the power to coin money and regulate the value. They already unconstitutionally gave that power away as it is, at the very least they should have the power to scrutinize their OMO.
The Federal Reserve banks have not all been audited simultaneously which allows them to shift assets around between audits to appear to remain solvent.

The Federal Reserve banks have not all been audited simultaneously which allows them to shift assets around between audits to appear to remain solvent.

What are you talking about? How can a central bank, which can create money for free, ever be insolvent?

upload_2019-9-23_17-22-16.png

Definition of INSOLVENT

Insolvency wouldn’t be what we’d be looking for in an audit.

How can a central bank, which can create money for free, ever be insolvent?
That’s why I’m saying that’s not what we’d be looking for.

Why would banks that cannot ever be insolvent want to or need to "shift assets around"?
Do you know what kind of assets they hold?

Why would banks that cannot ever be insolvent want to or need to "shift assets around"?
I’m not the one that said that.

What would we be looking for in an audit?

Why would you not want to know every detail about what our central bank does with our money? We’re talking about the currency of the world’s largest economy here. I can’t imagine anything else on the planet that requires more scrutiny, economically speaking, than what our government does with the money supply.

Why would you not want to know every detail about what our central bank does with our money? We’re talking about the currency of the world’s largest economy here. I can’t imagine anything else on the planet that requires more scrutiny, economically speaking, than what our government does with the money supply.

Why would you not want to know every detail about what our central bank does with our money?

Every detail? Like they bought $10,000 worth of 1 year T-bills from JPMorgan on July 25, 2014 at 99.50?

I can’t imagine anything else on the planet that requires more scrutiny, economically speaking, than what our government does with the money supply.

Well, they release their balance sheet weekly, I can't think of another entity that does that. Can you?

Forum List

Back