The Enemy Within.

taichiliberal

Rookie
Aug 11, 2010
Last edited:
From the link:

Mr. Pearl, 66, and Mrs. Pearl, 60, say that blaming their book for extreme abuse by a few unstable parents is preposterous and that they explicitly counsel against acting in anger or causing a bruise. They say that their methods, properly used, yield peace and happy teenagers.

So a few whack-jobs crossed the line and now you want to stop all spanking of kids?
:cuckoo:

• Banned
From the link:

Mr. Pearl, 66, and Mrs. Pearl, 60, say that blaming their book for extreme abuse by a few unstable parents is preposterous and that they explicitly counsel against acting in anger or causing a bruise. They say that their methods, properly used, yield peace and happy teenagers.

So a few whack-jobs crossed the line and now you want to stop all spanking of kids?

The Pearls provide instructions on using a switch from as early as six months to discourage misbehavior and describe how to make use of implements for hitting on the arms, legs or back, including a quarter-inch flexible plumbing line that, Mr. Pearl notes, “can be rolled up and carried in your pocket.”

If that makes sense to you, then you are one fucked up individual who needs serious therapy ASAP! Hence my fear of this shit spreading.

From the link:

The Pearls provide instructions on using a switch from as early as six months to discourage misbehavior and describe how to make use of implements for hitting on the arms, legs or back, including a quarter-inch flexible plumbing line that, Mr. Pearl notes, “can be rolled up and carried in your pocket.”

If that makes sense to you, then you are one fucked up individual who needs serious therapy ASAP! Hence my fear of this shit spreading.

:lol:
How much difference is there between a "quarter-inch flexible plumbing line"
and a belt?

Never been spanked by a belt? Explains why you're such a "fucked up individual"
:fu:

From the link:

and a belt?

Unlike YOU or your parents, the vast majority of parents DO NOT take either belt or a plumbing line to a six month old....nor do they carry one around as if the slightest misbehavior from a toddler would demand an immediate whipping. Most parents deal out paddlings, spankings, whuppings at age appropriate levels and ONLY when no other recourse works. If the former is rational to you, then so much to pity YOU.

I do hope the Hotysir is just being some chuckling clown who delights in taking the side of the reprehensible in order to make people angry in their responses, and he does not actually believe that Pearl's "devine instruction" is actually rational and sane. Either way does not favor him well.

Last edited:
So you are seriously suggesting this is some sort of threat to the nation?

Are you in support of this stuff?

And why would i support killing others?

This is still hardly a threat to the nation.

So if you do NOT support Pearl and his insanity, WTF are you going on about?

Let me clue you in.....ANY "religion" or leadership that advocates taking beatint 6 month children and has a "growing" fan base that incorporates these "teachings" IS dangerous...just as if you actually had sharia law implemented or legalized, which you don't.

People doing all types of heinous crap to children under the guise of "freedom of religion" or "speech" should NOT be allowed to spread, and those who do such acts should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. That's my stance.

and a belt?

Unlike YOU or your parents, the vast majority of parents DO NOT take either belt or a plumbing line to a six month old....nor do they carry one around as if the slightest misbehavior from a toddler would demand an immediate whipping. Most parents deal out paddlings, spankings, whuppings at age appropriate levels and ONLY when no other recourse works. If the former is rational to you, then so much to pity YOU.

I do hope the Hotysir is just being some chuckling clown who delights in taking the side of the reprehensible in order to make people angry in their responses, and he does not actually believe that Pearl's "devine instruction" is actually rational and sane. Either way does not favor him well.

The segment you quoted said nothing about "beating" that six-month old.
Keep a switch handy? Yep. Or a flyswatter or a brush, etc....? Yep.

You're exaggerating their position.
"As early as 6 months" doesn't mean paddling or caning. At that age just a little pop on the diaper is sufficient.

If you can show me where they advocate several lashes from the tubing on a 6 month old, I would stand with you against it.

I simply see a "spare the rod, spoil the child" church as of now.

Remember all the noise made by various factions of conservatism, some GOP politicos and Tea Party folk about how Obama and muslims in general were secretly trying to invoke or inforce "sharia" law into American society? Well, here's a little something that IS a reality and has been growing in the American society for some time....and IMHO is scary as hell.

www.nytimes.com/2011/11/07/us/deaths-put-focus-on-pastors-advocacy-of-spanking.html?pagewanted=all
Considering this is a NYT article, it has no credibility. Neither do you.

From the link:

Obviously you need therapy.

and a belt?

The segment you quoted said nothing about "beating" that six-month old.
Keep a switch handy? Yep. Or a flyswatter or a brush, etc....? Yep.

You're exaggerating their position.
"As early as 6 months" doesn't mean paddling or caning. At that age just a little pop on the diaper is sufficient.

If you can show me where they advocate several lashes from the tubing on a 6 month old, I would stand with you against it.

I simply see a "spare the rod, spoil the child" church as of now.

And here's a perfect example of POS like Hotyair either just being insipidly stubborn or displaying a poor grasp of English composition. Here's the quote again:

Using a "switch" requires a whipping motion in order for the "switch" to lash the bare skin of the recipient in order to have an effect as the book indicates . Only some sadistic or emotionally/mentally disturbed person would use a switch (or a belts or a plastic tube) on a baby....a quick swat on the diaper isn't what they're saying, bunky. But hey don't take my word for it:

On switching their own four-month-old daughter (p.9).

At four months she was too unknowing to be punished for disobedience. But for her own good, we attempted to train her not to climb the stairs by coordinating the voice command of “No” with little spats on the bare legs. The switch was a twelve-inch long, one-eighth-inch diameter sprig from a willow tree.

On p.60 they recommend switching babies who cannot sleep and are crying, and to never allow them “to get up.”

But what of the grouch who would rather complain than sleep? Get tough. Be firm with him. Never put him down and then allow him to get up. If, after putting him down, you remember he just woke up, do not reward his complaining by allowing him to get up.For the sake of consistency in training, you must follow through. He may not be able to sleep, but he can be trained to lie there quietly. He will very quickly come to know that any time he is laid down there is no alternative but to stay put. To get up is to be on the firing line and get switched back down.

On p.79 they recommend whipping a seven-month-old for screaming:

A seven-month-old boy had, upon failing to get his way, stiffened clenched his fists, bared his toothless gums and called down damnation on the whole place. At a time like that, the angry expression on a baby’s face can resemble that of one instigating a riot. The young mother, wanting to do the right thing, stood there in helpless consternation, apologetically shrugged her shoulders and said, “What can I do?” My incredulous nine-year-old whipped back, “Switch him.” The mother responded, “I can’t, he’s too little.” With the wisdom of a veteran who had been on the little end of the switch, my daughter answered, “If he is old enough to pitch a fit, he is old enough to be spanked.”

On p.56 Debi Pearl trades blows with a two-year-old:

This time, her bottom came off the couch as she drew back to return the blow; and I heard a little karate like wheeze come from somewhere deep inside.

On p.59 they recommend whipping a three-year-old until he is “totally broken”:

She then administers about ten slow, patient licks on his bare legs. He cries in pain. If he continues to show defiance by jerking around and defending himself, or by expressing anger, then she will wait a moment and again lecture him and again spank him. When it is obvious he is totally broken, she will hand him the rag and very calmly say, “Johnny, clean up your mess.” He should very contritely wipe up the water.

These people are fucked up! Obviously the product of some sort of abuse or warped up-bringing that they are continuing. Tie that in with an evangelical bent and an emphasis on "home schooling" and you have a formula for another generation of messed up kids that may become abusers themselves.

But rather than deal with reality, Hortysir will just be a petulant, obstinate child for the hell of it...unless he truly believes in Pearl's manifesto...then he needs serious help and/or sterilization.

Remember all the noise made by various factions of conservatism, some GOP politicos and Tea Party folk about how Obama and muslims in general were secretly trying to invoke or inforce "sharia" law into American society? Well, here's a little something that IS a reality and has been growing in the American society for some time....and IMHO is scary as hell.

www.nytimes.com/2011/11/07/us/deaths-put-focus-on-pastors-advocacy-of-spanking.html?pagewanted=all
Considering this is a NYT article, it has no credibility. Neither do you.

You're not too bright, are ya bunky? So when something is reported on that YOU don't agree with, it's an automatic lie? I suggest you check YOUR favorite news sources, toodles, because they carried the story as well.

Reality trumps willfully ignorant clowns disgracing the country by claiming "AmericanFirst" everytime. Here's something else for you to cover your eyes from:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/4413721-post16.html

From the link:

For our faux AmericanFirst, who obviously can't handle the truth: http://www.usmessageboard.com/4413757-post17.html

So the OP still wont explain how anything in this thread has to do with the Enemy within?

One of these days I'd like to see lefties who want to have real discussions.

From the link:

Or perhaps a good beating.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back