The end of the American dream

Don't look to man to solve your problems. Most of them are only looking out for themselves. Get yourself right in front of God and all else falls in place.

Don't make assumptions about the faith of other people, after all, it rains on the just and unjust alike.

I am not under any illusions. To each has their own will. I'm just sharing what has worked for me and I can witness that God is good!

Again, I am glad that is working for you but what does that have to do with the topic at hand? I know some very religious and righteous people who are struggling with the same lack of economic freedom as the rest of the sinners.

The American Dream is intrinsically linked to faith in God. It is the foundation in which the nation was procurred. So, look only to the self will, selfishness to explain the current predicament many find themselves in. It is not government or 'Ceasar' that will set you free but your understanding of the "Truth".

"If you work hard and play by the rules, you ought to have a decent life and a chance for your children to have a better one," President Bill Clinton once famously declared. Yet America is no longer the best place for those born poor to live out the American Dream. According to some studies, Canada, Japan, New Zealand, Singapore and much of Western Europe offer their citizens a much higher degree of economic mobility. The impoverished in the U.S., on the other hand, are more likely to stay poor, while rich Americans stay rich — bad news for a country grounded in a much-vaunted "classless" society and one of presidential hopeful Rick Santorum's talking points on the campaign trail. Is economic mobility in the U.S. a myth?

The American nightmare: What happened to economic mobility in the U.S.? - The Week

Kinda makes me wonder why there are so many illegal aliens figuring out how to better themselves when they not only have to contend with being born poor, but also the fact that they don't speak the language, don't have an education and are hiding from the authorities that can deport them.

"If you work hard and play by the rules, you ought to have a decent life and a chance for your children to have a better one," President Bill Clinton once famously declared. Yet America is no longer the best place for those born poor to live out the American Dream. According to some studies, Canada, Japan, New Zealand, Singapore and much of Western Europe offer their citizens a much higher degree of economic mobility. The impoverished in the U.S., on the other hand, are more likely to stay poor, while rich Americans stay rich — bad news for a country grounded in a much-vaunted "classless" society and one of presidential hopeful Rick Santorum's talking points on the campaign trail. Is economic mobility in the U.S. a myth?

The American nightmare: What happened to economic mobility in the U.S.? - The Week

Kinda makes me wonder why there are so many illegal aliens figuring out how to better themselves when they not only have to contend with being born poor, but also the fact that they don't speak the language, don't have an education and are hiding from the authorities that can deport them.

It is pretty easy in the land of she spoiled and lazy.

The American Dream is intrinsically linked to faith in God. It is the foundation in which the nation was procurred. So, look only to the self will, selfishness to explain the current predicament many find themselves in. It is not government or 'Ceasar' that will set you free but your understanding of the "Truth".

Whatever, not interested in an off-topic discussion on god.

That is part of the problem. People have so denied God that they do not have a clue that there is no dream without Him.

That is part of the problem. People have so denied God that they do not have a clue that there is no dream without Him.

God is a dream.

God is a dream.

Yep, of all things wonderful. Of all things lovely. And of all reality. He dreamed it and made it so.

"Which of you by taking thought, can add one cubit to his stature?"

He also made the devil and the devil started out working for god up in heaven.
Kinda screwed the pooch on that one.

But keep on thinking all things good and beautiful are gods and all things mean and ugly are Satans.

God did order the jews to kill all women and children and even those evil animals who did not flee before them in Jericho.

I am not about to expose my own personal spiritual life to examination but why don't you ask god why he hasn't made wages keep up with inflation or why he sent all those jobs overseas and especially why he favors the worst people with the most wealth. Bringing god into this and giving him credit for worldly wealth you must also give him the blame when good people suffer, and believe me there are an awful lot of good people suffering while the robber barons are apparently so incredibly blessed. Leave god out of this because it opens up a lot of questions you are not prepared to answer with anything other than to point out the speck in my eye.

I am not about to expose my own personal spiritual life to examination but why don't you ask god why he hasn't made wages keep up with inflation or why he sent all those jobs overseas and especially why he favors the worst people with the most wealth. Bringing god into this and giving him credit for worldly wealth you must also give him the blame when good people suffer, and believe me there are an awful lot of good people suffering while the robber barons are apparently so incredibly blessed. Leave god out of this because it opens up a lot of questions you are not prepared to answer with anything other than to point out the speck in my eye.

That goes back to God sending rain on the just and unjust.

As for oppressors, their misery has just begun. God doesn't interfere with man's will. But He does extract an explanation, a judgement day. If we align ourselves with God's will we will know who are the oppressors and who the hell to stay away from.

God is a dream.

Yep, of all things wonderful. Of all things lovely. And of all reality. He dreamed it and made it so.

But keep on thinking all things good and beautiful are gods and all things mean and ugly are Satans.

God did order the jews to kill all women and children and even those evil animals who did not flee before them in Jericho.

You are being cheap now. Much of the Old Testament was directed to very base people. Only crass manipulators use isolated verses of the Old Testament to attempt to make some cheap point.

Move forward into God's relationship with man to Jesus. Then tell me about it.

As for oppressors, their misery has just begun. God doesn't interfere with man's will. But He does extract an explanation, a judgement day. If we align ourselves with God's will we will know who are the oppressors and who the hell to stay away from.

I have my reasons to be extraordinarily pissed off at God right now so I am just going to quit talking to you now.

I have my reasons to be extraordinarily pissed off at God right now so I am just going to quit talking to you now.

I am not God, but I can understand that. I went through that period myself.

You are being cheap now. Much of the Old Testament was directed to very base people. Only crass manipulators use isolated verses of the Old Testament to attempt to make some cheap point.

Move forward into God's relationship with man to Jesus. Then tell me about it.

I agree Christians should leave the Old testament behind and just follow the new testament, but they cannot.
If they did we would have no Christian warmongers and such and the world would be a pretty good place to live in.

Statistics show that the vast majority of Americans say they are Christians, and yet our country is in such a mess and we go halfway around the world to kill people and cheer on the effort.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back