The Emergancy spending for "Teachers and Firemen"

Charles_Main

AR15 Owner
Jun 23, 2008
Michigan, USA
So the Dems claim they need 10 Billion to keep Teachers and Firemen from being laid off.

The Truth is those are just 2 examples of who could be laid off if the States can not meet their budgets. The States would decide who to cut. Likely many of the cuts would be bureaucrats not Teachers and fire men.

What this bill is about is rewarding the Public Sector Unions before the Mid terms. Rewarding the very pool they pull from for their Campaign workers and supporters.

So what it is really is a 10 Billion dollar re-elect congressional Democrats Bill.

Oh with 13 BILLION MORE for Failing state Medicare Budgets. Notice how they tack on some for Failing Medicare Budgets on every bill they pass lately. That is because they do not want you to focus on how FUCKED Medicare/Caid is at every level. It is bleeding money, and the Health Care so far is making things worse not better. Cost are going up across the board, and more people are eligible. States that were already knee deep in Debt from Social Spending programs have been Mandated to spend more.

Epic FAIL FAIL FAIL

Just cut their pay & pensions. If they strike, Replace them. Problem Solved. There are many unemployed who will gladly take their jobs & probably do it better.

I admire teachers, but there is plenty of this shit sandwhich for everyone to enjoy and they need to take a bite just like everyone else.

it's not just the money but the strings attached. The money given to states comes with the stipulation that each state must spend as much or more on education next year as they did this year.

This bill basically hijacks state budgets.

And in most school districts the increase in the number of teachers as a percentage has been more than the increase of the student population. Considering the state of our public education system we can certainly see the government more is better philosophy doesn't work.

It's Torches and Pitchfork time my friends.

Congressional Republicans need to go to the mattresses and not allow Progressive Marxists States to pull down the rest of the country, I mean at a faster rate than they are already.

Let the states go through a defacto bankruptcy, so they can reform their spending and pensions.

Oh with 13 BILLION MORE for Failing state Medicare Budgets.

Medicaid. States run Medicaid, not Medicare.

It is bleeding money, and the Health Care so far is making things worse not better. Cost are going up across the board, and more people are eligible.

Are you suggesting the Medicaid rolls have swelled during this recession because of provisions in the reform bill that don't go into effect until 2014?

Medicaid rolls always swell during recessions because more families' incomes take hits, dropping those families below eligibility thresholds. It's not rocket science: recessions increase the strain on safety net programs.

I'm wondering if all those teachers who may be "rehired" will have to pay back the unemployment they were paid over the summer. That's a lot of frickin moolah. Here in NJ it's about 6 grand.

it's not just the money but the strings attached. The money given to states comes with the stipulation that each state must spend as much or more on education next year as they did this year.

This bill basically hijacks state budgets.

And in most school districts the increase in the number of teachers as a percentage has been more than the increase of the student population. Considering the state of our public education system we can certainly see the government more is better philosophy doesn't work.

What the fucking fuck!! Seriously? Who would ever pass a law like that? I had no idea that there was a stipulation that they HAD to spend at least as much?!

Dems should loose 100 maybe 120 House seats this November

What a fucking outrage!

I didn't know that either, but I did read that our governor (Christie) said he probably would not apply for it, which is going to tick off teachers even more.

They keep trying to put a band aid on a gaping wound.

It's called "maintenance of effort" and is the feds' way of saying this is supplementary money and is not intended to replace state funds. The money is intended to increase the total state budget for education, not allow the state to use federal money in place of its own.

If State X gets $350 million for its education budget and responds by reducing its state education allocations by $350 million, nothing has changed. Except now the feds are on the hook for money the state itself would've been spending. That would've been a useless exercise.

It's called "maintenance of effort" and is the feds' way of saying this is supplementary money and is not intended to replace state funds. The money is intended to increase the total state budget for education, not allow the state to use federal money in place of its own.

If State X gets $350 million for its education budget and responds by reducing its state education allocations by $350 million, nothing has changed. Except now the feds are on the hook for money the state itself would've been spending. That would've been a useless exercise.

Maintenance of a failing effort that is bankrupting the state, terrific.

Progressives simply have no respect for taxpayer money and since we keep sending Democrats to office, I can't blame them.

I assume that had maintenance of effort provisions not be included, when states drew down education spending by roughly the amount of their federal award and ended up firing the same amount of teachers they were going to, you'd be bitching about that, too. "Why didn't they see this coming?!"

So the Dems claim they need 10 Billion to keep Teachers and Firemen from being laid off.

The Truth is those are just 2 examples of who could be laid off if the States can not meet their budgets. The States would decide who to cut. Likely many of the cuts would be bureaucrats not Teachers and fire men.

How do you know that?

What this bill is about is rewarding the Public Sector Unions before the Mid terms. Rewarding the very pool they pull from for their Campaign workers and supporters.

Oh, brother!

Have you looked at the states' budgets lately?

I assume that had maintenance of effort provisions not be included, when states drew down education spending by roughly the amount of their federal award and ended up firing the same amount of teachers they were going to, you'd be bitching about that, too. "Why didn't they see this coming?!"

State that have been run by Progressives and have massive deficits that require Washington to close need to go bankrupt.

Let the People at the States get educated and see if they want to maintain a public sector that earns on average oh, 1/4 to 1/3 more and with far greater pension benefits, than their Private sector counterparts.

State that have been run by Progressives and have massive deficits that require Washington to close need to go bankrupt.

Would that be every state, except Arkansas, Montana, and North Dakota (I'm not counting Alaska, since federal dollars generally play a huge role in their state's budget situation)?

9-8-08sfp-rev7-15-10-f1.jpg

Funny, I actually think of Brian Schweitzer and Mike Beebe as being fairly progressive.

Lets just keep paying government employees 100% more than the private sector & our problems will be solved.

200908_edwards_blog2.jpg

U.S. Is Bankrupt and We Don't Even Know
Last month, the International Monetary Fund released its annual review of U.S. economic policy. Its summary contained these bland words about U.S. fiscal policy: “Directors welcomed the authorities’ commitment to fiscal stabilization, but noted that a larger than budgeted adjustment would be required to stabilize debt-to-GDP.”

But delve deeper, and you will find that the IMF has effectively pronounced the U.S. bankrupt. Section 6 of the July 2010 Selected Issues Paper says: “The U.S. fiscal gap associated with today’s federal fiscal policy is huge for plausible discount rates.” It adds that “closing the fiscal gap requires a permanent annual fiscal adjustment equal to about 14 percent of U.S. GDP.”

The fiscal gap is the value today (the present value) of the difference between projected spending (including servicing official debt) and projected revenue in all future years.

Last edited:
Oh with 13 BILLION MORE for Failing state Medicare Budgets.

Medicaid. States run Medicaid, not Medicare.

It is bleeding money, and the Health Care so far is making things worse not better. Cost are going up across the board, and more people are eligible.

Are you suggesting the Medicaid rolls have swelled during this recession because of provisions in the reform bill that don't go into effect until 2014?

Medicaid rolls always swell during recessions because more families' incomes take hits, dropping those families below eligibility thresholds. It's not rocket science: recessions increase the strain on safety net programs.

Yeah Yeah Yeah, sorry I get the 2 confused sometimes.

No I am not suggesting that. I am suggesting it will happen. And I am suggesting that The Big Increase in Insurance Premiums people are seeing right now is a DIRECT result of the health care bill.

We are going to see literally millions of Americans lose their employer based Coverage because it will be cheaper in nearly EVERY case for the company to pay the fines than to provide coverage.

Furthermore I am asserting that that was the Goal of this bill all along. Obama told us long ago in that Interview. I am not going to dig it up now. But Basically what he said was he wants single payer, but we can not go right to that, so we have to Takes steps, and This IMO was one of them. Crash the private health insurance market and give people only 1 choice left. Then single payer sails through congress. That IMO is his plan, and was his plan all along. Which is why I think this Bill is such a dishonest piece of Garbage.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back