The Dumbing Down of America is Complete

Do you ever wonder how this is connected to democracy? I want you to consider something.

1. It is easier to be uninformed than it is to be informed.
2. Most people take the easy way out and are uninformed.
3. Uninformed people are not only allowed to vote, but their vote is equal to that of an informed person.

The expansion of voting rights in any form served only to further the true mission of democracy while wearing a mask of being for the common man. Democracy/republicanism is used by the elites to coerce the masses into drowning out intelligent and valuable thought so that they may loot and pillage nations while maintaining numerical superiority. I hope you understand how this relates to your video.
Wrong. many people live in the same country as you do, aren't elite and know full well what is going on. I suppose you're saying you are an elitist since you have the keys to the hidden knowledge?

Those many people who know what's going on are unable to do anything because they are outnumbered 100:1 by people who get their news from some MSM outlet telling them that such and such candidate will kick off a nuclear holocaust or is the second coming of Hitler. Their voices are meaningless and will never be heard. Democracy/republicanism is hopeless and panders to the lowest common denominator. It is by no means at all an effective method for acquiring a quality government.
And your alternative is...?

Good question. I have several potential solutions.

1. Simple changes to who can vote. Prevent those whose judgement is severely impaired by mental illness from voting. Prevent non-citizens from voting. Prevent people who cannot read or write from voting. Bring back voting tests (no grandfather clause), and implement voter ID laws. We must give voice to those who are intelligent and those who have a stake in the country.

2. A return to governments led by a single individual. With a democracy or republic you can count on the lowest common denominator to consistently make the wrong decisions. While imperfect, totalitarians at least create the possibility of good things. A 1/10 chance is an upgrade over a 0/100 chance. Additionally, totalitarians are not encumbered by congresses and parliaments allowing them to make decisions more quickly and efficiently.
I agree with #1.

#2 no way. George Washington turned down the kingship idea and said it was far removed from what the purpose of the new nation was. A direct democracy would lead to the lowest common denominator laws but a republic helps to prevent it. The problem we have now is there are too many liberals in power and liberalism is a political religion, based on belief and faith, not reality.

Do you ever wonder how this is connected to democracy? I want you to consider something.

3. Uninformed people are not only allowed to vote, but their vote is equal to that of an informed person.

The expansion of voting rights in any form served only to further the true mission of democracy while wearing a mask of being for the common man. Democracy/republicanism is used by the elites to coerce the masses into drowning out intelligent and valuable thought so that they may loot and pillage nations while maintaining numerical superiority. I hope you understand how this relates to your video.
Wrong. many people live in the same country as you do, aren't elite and know full well what is going on. I suppose you're saying you are an elitist since you have the keys to the hidden knowledge?

Those many people who know what's going on are unable to do anything because they are outnumbered 100:1 by people who get their news from some MSM outlet telling them that such and such candidate will kick off a nuclear holocaust or is the second coming of Hitler. Their voices are meaningless and will never be heard. Democracy/republicanism is hopeless and panders to the lowest common denominator. It is by no means at all an effective method for acquiring a quality government.

1. Simple changes to who can vote. Prevent those whose judgement is severely impaired by mental illness from voting. Prevent non-citizens from voting. Prevent people who cannot read or write from voting. Bring back voting tests (no grandfather clause), and implement voter ID laws. We must give voice to those who are intelligent and those who have a stake in the country.

2. A return to governments led by a single individual. With a democracy or republic you can count on the lowest common denominator to consistently make the wrong decisions. While imperfect, totalitarians at least create the possibility of good things. A 1/10 chance is an upgrade over a 0/100 chance. Additionally, totalitarians are not encumbered by congresses and parliaments allowing them to make decisions more quickly and efficiently.
Step One: Raise the voting age to 35. Let those brainwashed kids get a taste of life first.

Step One: Raise the voting age to 35. Let those brainwashed kids get a taste of life first.
...unless they are in or was in the military.

What $30,000 a semester gets you these days. Explains why we have Trump or Hillary as our next President.

college educated people aren't voting for Donald....which already makes the education worth it.

I can't open your video at work. but I'm going to guess that doesn't matter.

You consider the students in the video "educated"?

My friend, there is no correlation between education and intelligence. Indeed, the children in the video are most certainly educated. They are most certainly unintelligent.

As I said, I can't open the video right now. as a general rule I agree with you. but it is clearly true that uneducated white male voters like Donald. the vote has little to do with income, wealth or anything else other than race and lack of education. as you can see from the link below, it also has to do with the type of neighborhoods in which the person lives. if the neighborhood is diverse, the person is unlikely to be a trump voter. if it is mostly or all white, then they are....if they're a white male without a college education. it seems to be a thing.

Who Are Donald Trump's Supporters, Really?

we can quibble about the use of the video and whether it is either representative or even is what it purports to be.

Last edited:

I agree with #1.

#2 no way. George Washington turned down the kingship idea and said it was far removed from what the purpose of the new nation was. A direct democracy would lead to the lowest common denominator laws but a republic helps to prevent it. The problem we have now is there are too many liberals in power and liberalism is a political religion, based on belief and faith, not reality.
May I remind you that George Washington was a human being and not an infallible godlike entity. I respect his goals and aims, though regretfully I am of the opinion that man is not yet ready for freedom. Washingtons system while good on paper has done nothing to stop briber- I mean lobbying, and it also rather explicitly gives our enemies the means to subvert our way of life. He was human, and like all humans he was subject to error...as he was in many lackluster battle performances, haha! :laugh:

I agree with #1.

May I remind you that George Washington was a human being and not an infallible godlike entity. I respect his goals and aims, though regretfully I am of the opinion that man is not yet ready for freedom. Washingtons system while good on paper has done nothing to stop briber- I mean lobbying, and it also rather explicitly gives our enemies the means to subvert our way of life. He was human, and like all humans he was subject to error...as he was in many lackluster battle performances, haha! :laugh:
Well, the country did pretty good with their flawed system.

Oddly, you criticize George Washington for being a flawed man but want a dictator to run the show. Does not compute.

I agree with #1.

Oddly, you criticize George Washington for being a flawed man but want a dictator to run the show. Does not compute.
Our country has done well in spite of our system. May I remind you that there were originally several requirements to vote. We didn't just allow anyone to vote. Finally, the notion that dictators are inherently flawed is without merit. No doubt some were bad and some were good, but the same can be said for presidents. Additionally, long running family lines (houses) such as Habsburg, Hohenzollern, Windsor, Romanov, Hannover, and Orange-Nassau have all produced many fantastic leaders due to the fact that from birth young ones would be trained to handle administrative matters.

I agree with #1.

Our country has done well in spite of our system. May I remind you that there were originally several requirements to vote. We didn't just allow anyone to vote. Finally, the notion that dictators are inherently flawed is without merit. No doubt some were bad and some were good, but the same can be said for presidents. Additionally, long running family lines (houses) such as Habsburg, Hohenzollern, Windsor, Romanov, Hannover, and Orange-Nassau have all produced many fantastic leaders due to the fact that from birth young ones would be trained to handle administrative matters.
I have no problem cracking down on voting in some way but as far as a dictator goes, we are citizens not subjects.

There is little difference between the two anymore. Maybe we're told we're citizens and not subjects. But I wonder just how true that is.

Forum List

Back