The Doghouse

T

TheEnemyWithin

I got this idea from a local radio station here in Tulsa, Oklahoma. If someone like your brother, a relative, a neighbor or your parents is driving you nuts, or if you had a ton of homework and you got dumped etc., :bang3: you'd call in and put them/it in the "doghouse". :D So here we go.....Pet peeves anyone??

Note to Mods: This is not directed at any users of this board.

I hate hearing gum popping. You know the snap, pop, chew, pop ,snap.
And these plastic grocery bags. They either rip or my groceries roll around. I try to tie the handles to prevent that.

-=d=- said:
so, you are asking what ppl's pet peeves are? Is that the topic of the thread?

Yes, if you read it. Pet peeves, irritating people in your life, etc. :eek:

-=d=- said:
oh! wow! Ya know...I just learned something which makes things more clear to me:

Gotcha! :D

What do you mean, gotcha?? Was my age a secret or somethin? :duh3:

Joz said:
I hate hearing gum popping. You know the snap, pop, chew, pop ,snap.
And these plastic grocery bags. They either rip or my groceries roll around. I try to tie the handles to prevent that.

With my mom it's cereal smacking/slurping. That makes her absolutley peed off!!! :chains: :D

One of my biggest pet peeves is manner's and people who do not use them. :mad: We are not animals, please use your manner's! Oh and people who do not teach their children manner's. I can't stand a rude child, ask mine they'll tell you. They've been put in there place a few times for rudeness. :whip:

I hate being interrupted. I have two friends (I use that term loosely) that insist on waiting until I'm in the middle of a sentence, then blurting out whatever crap comes to their mind as loud as they can. They have pretty well burned my patience with this.

khafley said:
One of my biggest pet peeves is manner's and people who do not use them. :mad: We are not animals, please use your manner's! Oh and people who do not teach their children manner's. I can't stand a rude child, ask mine they'll tell you. They've been put in there place a few times for rudeness. :whip:

Im going to second that one and go one further by saying loud kids in restaurants and the parents ignore it, while the rest of us can't even hear our own conversations.

I used to be one of those people who had little tolerance of children at resturants, until I had a child of my own.....

Now I cover up his noise, by being louder than he is.....I am certain I would make you angry, Bonnie, but I would not apologize for the love of life and energy Jake has!

I also buy first class tickets on airplanes for us when we travel, and you should see the look on people's faces when they see they have to sit near this 17 month old little monster! It makes me smile and laugh to think of it....

Bad behavior is not rewarded, but there is only so much you can do with a child so small....when he is older, he will know the difference between what is acceptable, and what is not. Manners are something that is learned by example, in my opinion....as is respect.

Fmr jarhead said:
I used to be one of those people who had little tolerance of children at resturants, until I had a child of my own.....

Now I cover up his noise, by being louder than he is.....I am certain I would make you angry, Bonnie, but I would not apologize for the love of life and energy Jake has!

I also buy first class tickets on airplanes for us when we travel, and you should see the look on people's faces when they see they have to sit near this 17 month old little monster! It makes me smile and laugh to think of it....

Bad behavior is not rewarded, but there is only so much you can do with a child so small....when he is older, he will know the difference between what is acceptable, and what is not. Manners are something that is learned by example, in my opinion....as is respect.

That's one baby I wouldn't care was noisy, Id be too busy squeezing his cute little cheeks. Truly I don't mind baby noise, I mind kids who are 7,8,9 screaming at the top of their lungs for attention and not being discplined at all. Im not a parent yet I know it can be hard, but some parents really have it under control you can hardly tell they have kids. I hope im that kind of mother some day?

Forum List

Back