The defamation of Margaret Sanger

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
Did Margaret Sanger believe African-Americans

The right generally calls her a racist, someone who started PP to eradicate the black race, she wanted the master race because she believe in eugenics.

These are falsehoods. First her mission was to promote BIRTH CONTROL, not abortion. In fact, she was against abortion. She said birth control would make abortion irrelevant. Her missions was for families to be stronger through planning. It was a worthy mission and she did great things.

She started her mission in the 1920s, she was long dead by the time of Roe v Wade and PP started to do abortions. Again her mission was birth control.

Her opponents say “her views of Eugenics are reasons to dismiss her as a genocidal manic.” Despite the fact that many great people at the time believed in this like Churchill, Hoover and WEB Du Bois. Yet her view was that if people planned their families through birth control then the generation would be stronger. Sounds like a conservative ideal. She had no intentions of wiping out the black race and worked with black leader (along with white leaders) to push for birth control.

She was a great person, who brought birth control to mainstream America.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

The Right's demonization of Sanger is just more evidence that outlawing not just abortion, but birth control, is their ultimate goal.
No, the lefts continual glorifying a eugenics plan, yet deny its purpose, is monstrous.

When it’s disguised as just that...
The Right's demonization of Sanger is just more evidence that outlawing not just abortion, but birth control, is their ultimate goal.
No, the lefts continual glorifying a eugenics plan, yet deny its purpose, is monstrous.

What's monstrous about wanting the poor to have safe legal means of controlling the size of their families?

So you're an advocate of genocide because you want to deny government assistance to the poor?

What's monstrous about wanting the poor to have safe legal means of controlling the size of their families?

What sort of genocide requires the target race to voluntarily exterminate itself?

Margaret Sanger-

EACH of us has an ideal of what the American of the future should be. We have been told times without number that out of the mixture of stocks, the intermingling of ideas and aspirations, there is to come a race greater than any which has contributed to the population of the United States. What is the basis for this hope that is so generally indulged in? If the hope is founded upon realities, how may it be realized? To understand the difficulties and the obstacles to be overcome before the dream of a greater race in America can be attained, is to understand something of the task before the women who shall give birth to that race.

What sort of genocide requires the target race to voluntarily exterminate itself?

Always a leftist scumbag to come in and provide defamatory comments to promote an agenda. You just prove both sides are equally dishonest. Bravo

Always a leftist scumbag to come in and provide defamatory comments to promote an agenda. You just prove both sides are equally dishonest. Bravo

Are you denying that the demonization of Sanger is all about attacking her for campaigning for safe, legal birth control?

Are you denying that the demonization of Sanger is all about attacking her for campaigning for safe, legal birth control?

Yes I am. The demonization of Sanger is to attack abortion plain and simple. Only a dishonest liberal like yourself makes it more than that. The reason you do is because the pro-life argument is a strong one. While I am pro-abortion, I will admit the pro-life argument has merit.

But leftist like you know an anti-birth argument is a losing one, so you try to link the pro-life movement to it. When in fact the vast majority of pro-lifers are not against birth control (other than the abortion pill), except for a handful of nutz.

Have you ever taken the time to read the actual material she wrote?
Not what some article is feeding you?

Lol I thought the same thing. It says she met with black leaders because she didn’t want her birth control stance to be held as trying to terminate the black race. It also says she targeted the poor because they were the most effected by unplanned pregnancies. Lastly it has MLK praise Sanger for her great work with the black community.

Yeah, it’s amazing the trip they can come up with when the truth is actually fairly easy to find.
Have you ever taken the time to read the actual material she wrote?
Not what some article is feeding you?

Lol I thought the same thing. It says she met with black leaders because she didn’t want her birth control stance to be held as trying to terminate the black race. It also says she targeted the poor because they were the most effected by unplanned pregnancies. Lastly it has MLK praise Sanger for her great work with the black community.

I

As I understand it, US Message Board allows registered members to express their opinion so long as it is done in a civil manner.

Well, Ms. Sanger is way up high on my list of most admired people.

in my opinion, birth control is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Having unwanted children, I feel,. is not a good thing, for they become a burden to their families, and some (not all, of course) grow up to have a negative impact on society.

I will NOT get bogged down in the racial accusations against her.

I just feel that NO woman (regardless of ethnicity) should be forced to have babies against her will.

Forum List

Back