The cost of crackers?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RodISHI, Feb 11, 2009.

1. RodISHI

RodISHI Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,047
    Has anyone else notice the price of food lately?

I came across an old newspaper ad from the fall of 2007. I was using it to start a fire this morning and I saw the cost of Zesty crackers was a $1.48. Day before yesterday I was at the grocery store picking up a few things we needed. Crackers was one of those items. When I saw the cost of Zesty crackers was $3.79 I decided we could do without them.

I got to the canned veggie ilse and noticed that the green beans I normally like to buy were 89 cents a can. Looking in that old ad flyer from 2007 that same name brand was 2 for 88 cents.

I then came to the cereal ilse and thought I'd pick Rod up some Wheaties per his request for cold cereal. A box of Wheaties was $3.89. Corn Flakes, Frosted Mini Wheats and a few other brand names were $1.69 a box. You can all guess at what kind he got.

I got to the baking ilse and found that Betty Crocker cake mix were 88 cents a box. What a deal I have not seen cake mix for less than a $1.29 for awhile. In my old 2007 ad Pilsbury cake mix is .79 cents. The only problem I see with making cake is eggs are now triple of the cost of what they used to be. Plus cooking oil had tripled in cost. We do not have our chickens yet.

I wanted to pick up some canned Tuna for Tuna salad sandwhiches but a small can is a $1.38. It has been some time ago since I bought Tuna. The 2007 ad flyer has Tuna at .56 cents for a small can.

2. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    damn--I thought you were talking about white folks. :lol:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. Andrew2382

Andrew2382 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +537
    I blame George Bush

4. catzmeow

catzmeow BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,974
    Another PTSD-related tragedy.

5. RodISHI

RodISHI Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,047
    I'm a little old fashion when it comes to words. I'm still of the belief gay means happy. Queer means strange...etc..

6. Andrew2382

Andrew2382 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +537
    fag means ciggerate

7. auditor0007

auditor0007 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,218
    Food prices have gone up a lot in the last two years. You just have to watch for the sales and stock up when the items you normally buy are on sale. I shop four different stores when I do my weekly shopping so I get the best deals at each store. I've also stopped buying the brand name items for the most part. Most off brands are just as good. In fact, many times the store brand is the same product as one of the name brands. The name brand company just puts a different label on the item. In other words, all the extra money you're paying for is for advertising with the name brands. Be careful though; some off brands can be pretty bad.

As for that tuna, I buy Kroger's tuna. It seems like all the name brands are just a bunch of moosh. Kroger's is the only tuna that still has actual solid pieces of tuna in the can.

8. RodISHI

RodISHI Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,047
    Is that Pay Thy Share Ding-a-ling?

9. RodISHI

RodISHI Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,047
    Another item skyrocketed. It was an outrageous price for mayonnaise compared to three months ago. A three dollar increase in three months.

Good news if one likes pork'n beans 3 for a dollar. I'm not a hugh pork'n beans fan though.

10. xsited1

xsited1 Agent P

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,306
    Maybe our government is printing too much money to deal with what they are calling a crisis. :eusa_whistle: