The conventional wisdom of Jeb being too moderate to be nominated

"We have a Murderer's Row of talented Conservatives" of the Palin type who would not get 43% of the popular vote.
In your dreams. Rand Paul went to Stanford and the NAACP and came away with their respect and the support of many.

A true Conservative would win 55, 56 of our 57 states
Paul is not a wacky far right reactionary conservative like Cruz, Palin, Bachman, Santorum, Cain, etc. Those are losers, period, with America. Hillary or Warren would skip all the way to victory, never ever break a sweat.

Paul, Kasich, Walker, etc., are possibilities.
I think Walker has walked himself into being a divider, and that's poison. Paul and Kasich have talent. I've read that Paul didn't convince Adelson of his bona fides as a Zionist, so Adelson may fund efforts to torpedo him.

I'm trying to think of the last time a guy won the gop nominaton without sewing up the party leaders, wall street and the money before primary season, and I think it was Reagan. That's why imo BushIII may be inevitable.

it was Reagan, and he earned a bullet for it

I thought the convential wisdom was he had it locked up ........it was over as soon as he announced....must not be doing good so now its time to change the narrative....

Delegates totally disconnected from the voters, is that really a good idea? Got to be a better way.

Yeah. I think it is a good idea. We elect representatives to enact laws for us. We elect delegates to select candidates. In both cases, we should elect them and let them do their job. Presumably, they have more time and information to make informed decisions. It may not be perfect, but it would certainly be better than the circus we have now.

How do you elect delegates if there is no primary? Wouldn't they just be party appointees with no allegiances, except to those that appointed them?

How do you elect them now? Personally, I have no problem at all with them being party appointees. The whole point of having a party is that the party puts up a candidate. Why do we need pre-election elections at all?

I don't know about you but I don't want many of the current establishment republicans or dems making those appointments.

They already make the appointments. These are party decisions no matter what you do. I am suggesting that once the appointments are made the delegates act independently.

If only party people could act independently, ah the impossible dream.

Forum List

Back