The causes of 9/11

jillian said:
You speak as if AQ were some hierarchial organization with a clear leadership chart. It isn't...though at one time, was probably closer. Instead, it's an amorphous concept now...a brand name, really. It conjures certain images in the mind of those inclined to those beliefs and incites certain action. And for every AQ, there's another group that has it's own terrorist agenda and has no affiliation with AQ whatsoever.

You also ask about the re-emergence of anti-American terrorism as if such terrorism has ceased to exist. I'm not quite sure why people forget there were about 7 years between the two WTC attacks. These people are patient, they plan and they don't fear death. All they need to operate is money and cells.

But in answer to your question, intel, intel, intel...prosecution, prosection, prosecution... AND DRY UP THEIR MONEY! The U.S. can't bomb countries because there are terrorist cells within that country. Otherwise, there are places here in which terrorist cells operate and bide their time. Can't very well bomb Atlantic Avenue in Brooklyn, NY can we?

Why not? Nothing there but an overwhelming number of liberal yankees.

GunnyL said:
No, I don't see what you mean, since you seem to have your ahem "facts" twisted.

The Government of Afghanistan, the Taliban, was harboring bin Laden and refused to turn him over the US, even upon the threat of invasion. Poor judgement on their part earned them an ass-kicking.

Your allegations are nothing but supposition on your part.

So, how are things going in Afghanistan? Outside of Kabul I mean. Is it time for the "Mission Accomplished" banner or would that be premature yet again?

Now, correct me if I'm wrong but is bin Laden in custody?
Has the Taliban been completely removed from Afghanistan?

I think not. Unless you're in a parallel universe and this forum is your means of communicating from bizarro world you must acknowledge that it's a mess. It's a mess because the politicians smelled an opportunity and forced the military to lose focus. When bin Laden is captured, when the Taliban have been destroyed, then you can start crowing but I have to tell you neither of those have been achieved yet. In this universe at least.

jillian said:
You speak as if AQ were some hierarchial organization with a clear leadership chart. It isn't...though at one time, was probably closer. Instead, it's an amorphous concept now...a brand name, really. It conjures certain images in the mind of those inclined to those beliefs and incites certain action. And for every AQ, there's another group that has it's own terrorist agenda and has no affiliation with AQ whatsoever.

You also ask about the re-emergence of anti-American terrorism as if such terrorism has ceased to exist. I'm not quite sure why people forget there were about 7 years between the two WTC attacks. These people are patient, they plan and they don't fear death. All they need to operate is money and cells.

But in answer to your question, intel, intel, intel...prosecution, prosection, prosecution... AND DRY UP THEIR MONEY! The U.S. can't bomb countries because there are terrorist cells within that country. Otherwise, there are places here in which terrorist cells operate and bide their time. Can't very well bomb Atlantic Avenue in Brooklyn, NY can we?

This maybe the only representation I have heard of what might be called an alternative way to fight terrorism. So you are confident that we find out who all the terrorists are and take away thier money they will stop ? I thought poverty was the breeding ground of anti-Americanism.

GunnyL said:
Why not? Nothing there but an overwhelming number of liberal yankees.

So liberal yankees should be bombed? :smoke:

Actually, though, not quite... here's a 1997 article, but you get the idea...

Police today foiled a group of Arab Bombers in Park Slope by surprising them in a predawn raid of their lair in a run down building near the corner of President Street and Fourth Ave just 1/2 block from Brooklyn On Line!

First Signs of trouble

Residents of Park Slope Brooklyn were awakened this morning at 4:30 AM to the sound of helicopters and the flash of airial search lights in their bed room windows as a joint task force of the NYPD and FBI raided a terrorist lair in upscale Park Slope Brooklyn. As law enforcement officials raided an apartment above the Family Car Service just off President Street on Fourth Avenue most awakened residents had no idea what all the noise and lights were about. They also had no idea that they had been walking past and living next to Arab Terrorists and the Bombs that they were storing in their apartment across the street from the Brooklyn Landmark Bath House #7!

The Raid

While the residents of Park Slope puzzled over the activity in the area law enforcement agents burst into the apartment and shot 2 men as they were about to hit the detonator buttons on the 5 devices they had made. Police Bomb Squad experts said that one device was powerful enough to kill every one within 100 feet of the device if it had exploded.

Police captured one other Arab in addition to the two who were wounded in the raid. Two of the three men were said to be in this country using Jordanian passports. Information on the nationality of the third man is unknown at this time, but there are rummors that all three are linked to the terrorist group Hammas. The wounded men were taken to Methodist Hospital for treatment. Some reports indicate that the police were tipped off to this group by the room mate of one of the suspects who it is alleged contacted police about the bombs in his apartment.

The Devices

Police bomb experts said the five devices were each powerful enough to kill anyone in a 100 foot radius of the device and they did not have any automatic detonation mechanism. This leads to the belief that these individuals intended to launch a suicide attack of terror!

The Target

At this time Police believe the intended target of these bombs was the Atlantic Avenue LIRR train and NYCTA subway station about 10 blocks from the site of the raid. These very busy stations are located below the famous Williamsburg Bank Building and are the major commuter hub in Brooklyn with almost all subway lines passing through that station.

It is impossible to calculate the toll of death and destruction had these men succeeded in bombing the Railroad and Subway stations during rush hour. At rush hour thousands of Brooklyn and Long Island residents travel through and change trains at the Atlantic Avenue station on their way to work in Manhattan.

Rush Hour

Brooklyn commuters were tied up for hours and the Union street station on the N & R line was shutdown all day as Police and FBI searched nearby train stations for bombs and terrorists. One commuter who found that for a short time there were no trains running to Manhattan at all walked past the Brooklyn On Line Office and complained that he had no idea how he was going to get to work. While the Police kept the F line shutdown as they searched the nearby 9th street station for any signs of explosives the all clear was given at Atlantic Avenue and some trains began to leave Brooklyn through that station moving hot and upset New Yorkers into Manhattan on their morning commute.

As the evening rush hour drew to a close residents of Park Slope that use the Union Street R Line station found they had to walk 10 blocks further from either Atlantic Avenue or 9th Street as the Police still had the station closed.

The Tip of The Iceberg?

A Police officer at the scene told one Brooklyn On Line Staff member that there had been a report that in the past few weeks some foreign nationals had been trying to obtain plutonium in New York and it was feared that had they been able to succeed these devices would have been nuclear in nature.

http://www.brooklynonline.com/bkln.news/bombs.xhtml

Diuretic said:
So, how are things going in Afghanistan? Outside of Kabul I mean. Is it time for the "Mission Accomplished" banner or would that be premature yet again?

Now, correct me if I'm wrong but is bin Laden in custody?
Has the Taliban been completely removed from Afghanistan?

I think not. Unless you're in a parallel universe and this forum is your means of communicating from bizarro world you must acknowledge that it's a mess. It's a mess because the politicians smelled an opportunity and forced the military to lose focus. When bin Laden is captured, when the Taliban have been destroyed, then you can start crowing but I have to tell you neither of those have been achieved yet. In this universe at least.

Nice response to statements I DIDN'T make. What do you do for an encore?

But I will allow you to correct me where I am wrong ...

Feel free to cut and paste where UI said bin Laden was in custody, and/or that the Taliban was completely destroyed. Oh, and good luck.

At the same time, the situation in Afghanistan is hardly a mess. Unless you're a left-wingnut.

And dude, lay off the Superman comics. They're leaking into your posts.

jillian said:
So liberal yankees should be bombed? :smoke:

Actually, though, not quite... here's a 1997 article, but you get the idea...

Police today foiled a group of Arab Bombers in Park Slope by surprising them in a predawn raid of their lair in a run down building near the corner of President Street and Fourth Ave just 1/2 block from Brooklyn On Line!

First Signs of trouble

Residents of Park Slope Brooklyn were awakened this morning at 4:30 AM to the sound of helicopters and the flash of airial search lights in their bed room windows as a joint task force of the NYPD and FBI raided a terrorist lair in upscale Park Slope Brooklyn. As law enforcement officials raided an apartment above the Family Car Service just off President Street on Fourth Avenue most awakened residents had no idea what all the noise and lights were about. They also had no idea that they had been walking past and living next to Arab Terrorists and the Bombs that they were storing in their apartment across the street from the Brooklyn Landmark Bath House #7!

The Raid

While the residents of Park Slope puzzled over the activity in the area law enforcement agents burst into the apartment and shot 2 men as they were about to hit the detonator buttons on the 5 devices they had made. Police Bomb Squad experts said that one device was powerful enough to kill every one within 100 feet of the device if it had exploded.

Police captured one other Arab in addition to the two who were wounded in the raid. Two of the three men were said to be in this country using Jordanian passports. Information on the nationality of the third man is unknown at this time, but there are rummors that all three are linked to the terrorist group Hammas. The wounded men were taken to Methodist Hospital for treatment. Some reports indicate that the police were tipped off to this group by the room mate of one of the suspects who it is alleged contacted police about the bombs in his apartment.

The Devices

Police bomb experts said the five devices were each powerful enough to kill anyone in a 100 foot radius of the device and they did not have any automatic detonation mechanism. This leads to the belief that these individuals intended to launch a suicide attack of terror!

The Target

At this time Police believe the intended target of these bombs was the Atlantic Avenue LIRR train and NYCTA subway station about 10 blocks from the site of the raid. These very busy stations are located below the famous Williamsburg Bank Building and are the major commuter hub in Brooklyn with almost all subway lines passing through that station.

It is impossible to calculate the toll of death and destruction had these men succeeded in bombing the Railroad and Subway stations during rush hour. At rush hour thousands of Brooklyn and Long Island residents travel through and change trains at the Atlantic Avenue station on their way to work in Manhattan.

Rush Hour

Brooklyn commuters were tied up for hours and the Union street station on the N & R line was shutdown all day as Police and FBI searched nearby train stations for bombs and terrorists. One commuter who found that for a short time there were no trains running to Manhattan at all walked past the Brooklyn On Line Office and complained that he had no idea how he was going to get to work. While the Police kept the F line shutdown as they searched the nearby 9th street station for any signs of explosives the all clear was given at Atlantic Avenue and some trains began to leave Brooklyn through that station moving hot and upset New Yorkers into Manhattan on their morning commute.

As the evening rush hour drew to a close residents of Park Slope that use the Union Street R Line station found they had to walk 10 blocks further from either Atlantic Avenue or 9th Street as the Police still had the station closed.

The Tip of The Iceberg?

A Police officer at the scene told one Brooklyn On Line Staff member that there had been a report that in the past few weeks some foreign nationals had been trying to obtain plutonium in New York and it was feared that had they been able to succeed these devices would have been nuclear in nature.

http://www.brooklynonline.com/bkln.news/bombs.xhtml

DO try to get a sense of humor. I'd be agreeable with simple deportation. :dev3:

GunnyL said:
Nice response to statements I DIDN'T make. What do you do for an encore?

I can extrapolate and for my encore I extrapolate even further.

But I will allow you to correct me where I am wrong ...

Much appreciated.

Feel free to cut and paste where UI said bin Laden was in custody, and/or that the Taliban was completely destroyed. Oh, and good luck.

I wish I could, I really do wish I could.

At the same time, the situation in Afghanistan is hardly a mess. Unless you're a left-wingnut.

Sure. No Taliban, no warlords, all is well. Baghad Bob should be so good at it.

And dude, lay off the Superman comics. They're leaking into your posts.

Just talking your language - dude ;)

Diuretic said:
I can extrapolate and for my encore I extrapolate even further.

Much appreciated.

I wish I could, I really do wish I could.

Sure. No Taliban, no warlords, all is well. Baghad Bob should be so good at it.

Just talking your language - dude ;)

Afraid you are mistaken in regard to "my language." You have made more than few erroneous assumptions.

Be that as it may, plase allow ME to extrapolate ....

You claim Afghanistan is a "mess." Based on WHAT exactly? From your statements above, you are basing your argument on the fact that terrorism is not ended, the Taliban still exists, and bin Laden is still at large.

Y'know, I can take that argument from those sheep that mindlessly regurgitate what the DNC feeds them, but please do not insult my intelligence by making an unintelligent argument when I know you are capable of more.

Let's add some perspective to your above reason ....

Coalition forces and the law-abiding citizens of Afghanistan roam the Nation at will while the Taliban and/or AQ hide out in caves afraid to even poke their noses out.

Your argument is based on the unrealistic goal of immediate result and the complete destruction of terrorism. It is a dishonest argument, but the left continually points to those facts to claim "Bush's" efforts are failures.

The fact is, we will NEVER completely destroy terrorism as long as those select "have not's" are willing to use it as a weapon against the innocent. Isn't going to happen.

Hemmed up in a cave jumping at their own shadows is about as good as it's going to get, and it works for me.

I have absolutely NO problem with these nimrods renouncing terrorism and throwing down their weapons and being willing to address their grievances through diplomatic means.

If and when they adopt such a policy, THEN will I consider them more other than just "targets."

Nah I don't get my info from any political party's websites. Nor do I rely on Moron Central/Faux News. I like to get info from wherever I can - well from reputable sources not the usual tinfoil hat outfits like Townhall and the other loony right regurgitation services that pre-package the talking points for easy cut and paste later on.

And no, I don't rely on loony left sources either.

As for Afghanistan. One would have to be mainlining the Kool-Aid to believe it's a success. Hell even the puppet Karzai is getting heat from his own people for innocent villagers having the shit bombed out of them. The old Hearts and Minds operation in full failure yet again.

Still it's good news for the druggies, the heroin trade is flourishing.

Diuretic said:
Nah I don't get my info from any political party's websites. Nor do I rely on Moron Central/Faux News. I like to get info from wherever I can - well from reputable sources not the usual tinfoil hat outfits like Townhall and the other loony right regurgitation services that pre-package the talking points for easy cut and paste later on.

As for Afghanistan. One would have to be mainlining the Kool-Aid to believe it's a success. Hell even the puppet Karzai is getting heat from his own people for innocent villagers having the shit bombed out of them. The old Hearts and Minds operation in full failure yet again.

I'm sorry. Was I speaking in tongues last post? What part of "they got their asses kicked and are hiding in caves" did you miss?

You have completely ignored the relevant argument in my post. The left demanding unreasonable results makes taking out the Taliban no less a success than it was. Is the Taliban in control of the current government? No. Is the Taliban in control of the country? No.

The fact that the Taliban still exists in whatever its current form, is irrelevant to the fact that they got their asses waxed, period.

BUT, if you can show me where the stated goal of invading Afghanistan was to completely wipe to the man the Taliban and AQ from the face of the Earth, you STILL won't have a case since operations are STILL ongoing.

You lefties like to take all the common sense and logic out of an argument and place unreasonable demands for no more reason than political hackery.

It's long been understood that Bush can NEVER win. Not because he isn't doing the right thing, but because of the impossible demands you left wingnuts place on his every decision.

Seems y'all were quite more lenient of Trailerpark Bill and his dipshit decisions.

Diuretic said:

I think most people would be hard pressed to really get a clear understanding of what is going on in the war against terrorism. You might want to visit the war zone first hand and judge for yourself. Either as a reporter, humanitarian or maybe enlist and become a member of the U.S. Armed Forces. After seeing first hand I think you will have a crystal clear insight into what's really going on.:salute:

Ann Coulter writes the best political column there is. She's smart, and she's hilarious. She uses sarcasm and liberals own words and deeds against them. She uses real facts, backed up with proof from quotes from the same Democrats and liberals she criticizes. She even goes after Republicans who she thinks aren't conservative enough.

I look forward to the next Ann Coulter column the same way I used to look forward to the next Dave Barry column before he gave it up.

As an atheist I don't agree with about half of what she says. I'm pro-abortion (not pro-choice, pro-abortion), but she is just so funny.

And her detractors are all so comical. She lies. She writes an opinion piece, she's one of THE most scrutinzed writers on the planet, and yet nobody has ever caught Ann Coulter in a lie. Has she made mistakes? Sure she has, and she admitted and corrected everyone of the few she's made. So her critics are left with "she used to be a man" or denigrating her looks.

Real mature.

As for the "reason" for 9/11? There is only one reason. It's called Islam.

Said1 said:
What's the difference between pro-choice and pro-abortion?

I don't like Ann Coulter btw, I did at first though.

I can answer that. No one is really "pro" abortion as an act. What most (can't speak for all) believe is that the ability to choose the option should be there within the confines set by Roe v Wade. Beyond that, there should be education and accessible birth control so that pregnancy doesn't become an issue.

The best way I heard it said is that abortion should be legal, readily obtainable and unnecessary.

Anyway, really have to run.

Laterz! *wink*

jillian said:
I can answer that. No one is really "pro" abortion as an act. What most (can't speak for all) believe is that the ability to choose the option should be there within the confines set by Roe v Wade. Beyond that, there should be education and accessible birth control so that pregnancy doesn't become an issue.

The best way I heard it said is that abortion should be legal, readily obtainable and unnecessary.

Anyway, really have to run.

Laterz! *wink*

Really it's pro-privacy.

Said1 said:
What's the difference between pro-choice and pro-abortion?

I don't like Ann Coulter btw, I did at first though.

Now didn't you just KNOW you would get a response that deflects from the issue of murdering an unborn human being to the "rights of the mother?":)

Forum List

Back