The Cars you have owned....

The 1980 Citation I had was a hatchback with fold down seats.
I bought the car specifically in hopes of banging girls in it... which I did.
I wonder - any other guys here bought a car/truck because it would be easier to have sex in?
I had a '68 AMX only front buckets and a playpen in the back!

1981 Fiat Brava
1977 Toyota Celica
1978 Dodge Aspen Coupe
1976 Cadillac Eldorado
1981 Lincoln Town Car
1968 Chevy Sportsman Van
1972 VW Bug
1967 Jeep J10 4wd
1972 Chevy C20 2wd
1977 Pontiac Firebird Esprit
1978 Jeep CJ5
1977 Mercury Cougar XR7
1986 Ford Astro Van
1986 Nissan Sentra Coupe
1976 Olds 442
1983 Chevy Monte Carlo
1978 Ford F150 Highboy 4wd
1977 Ford F150 Highboy 4wd
1978 Ford F150 Shortbed 2wd
1974 Ford F250 4 door
1973 Ford F100 3 in the tree
1974 Ford F100 (recently purchased)
1985 Ford F150
1989 Ford F150 XLT (owned the longest...20 years...still going)
1976 Chevy Cheyenne
1982 Chevy Scottsdale 4wd
1968 VW Bug
1947 Chevy Styleside Custom
1993 Buick Century
1985 Chevy S10 2wd 8ft bed
1991 Chevy Cavalier (only new car I've owned)

Probably forgotten a few.

Last edited:
This baby Volvo 1800 ES. Body and instruments by Jaguar. It was literally only about five inches off the ground, and could slalom like a snake.
1973-volvo-1800es-estate-wagon

The 1980 Citation I had was a hatchback with fold down seats.
I bought the car specifically in hopes of banging girls in it... which I did.
I wonder - any other guys here bought a car/truck because it would be easier to have sex in?
Does a VW bug count? LOL--it wasn't the easiest for two people (one a 6 footer) but it worked.

The Mustang 2 was an outrage that it had the Mustang tag on it.
Ford lost their minds with that one. "Oh... let's take a Pinto, change the body a little... and call it Mustang!!"

I can't fault Ford too badly for this.

The Mustang II was a product of a gasoline crisis, and a rapidly-tightening grip of government regulations. It was probably the only way that they were going to keep the Mustang brand alive across that period.

I'm not so willing to excuse the new “‘Bronco’ Sport¨.

After a quarter of a century, Ford has revived the Bronco brand, and they've come out with a truly spectacular vehicle that is more than worthy to bear that name.

But for whatever reason, they've also brought out a pretender, which is really just an Escape with the Bronco name and and some of the Bronco features grafted on to it. It might be a fine vehicle for what it is, but it would have been more honest to just sell it as some special, off-road-capable trim of the Escape, than to call it a Bronco.

One thing that I just cannot get past about the “‘Bronco’ Sport¨, is that unless you get the top-of-the-line version, you only get a three-cylinder motor. What the f•••?

In automotive applications, the only valid place for a three-cylinder, four-stroke engine, is in either a hybrid drivetrain, or a crappy subcompact. If you understand how a four-stroke engine works, you have to understand that for acceptably smooth power output, four cylinders is the absolute bare minimum. The Badlads trim of the “‘Bronco’ Sport¨ gets a four-cylinder, as did the First Edition trim that was only offered, in very limited quantities, for the 2021 model year.

The real Bronco gets either a four-cylinder engine, bigger than that of the top-level “‘Bronco’ Sport¨, or a six-cylinder engine.

Last edited:
1978 Plymouth Volare
1985 Mazda RX7
1989 Ford LTD
1987 Pontiac Fiero
1975 Toyota Corolla sR5
1983 Dodge Rampage
1994 Jeep Cherokee 2 Door
2005 Chevrolet Tahoe
2007 Subaru Outback
2002 Saab 9-3 Viggen
2010 Nissan Altima Coupe
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee
2020 Chevrolet Silverado

I had a 1986 RX7. Biggest piece of shit I ever owned.

I can't fault Ford too badly for this.

The Mustang II was a product of a gasoline crisis, and a rapidly-tightening grip of government regulations. It was probably the only way that they were going to keep the Mustang brand alive across that period.

I'm not so willing to excuse the new “‘Bronco’ Sport¨.

After a quarter of a century, Ford has revived the Bronco brand, and they've come out with a truly spectacular vehicle that is more than worthy to bear that name.

But for whatever reason, they've also brought out a pretender, which is really just an Escape with the Bronco name and and some of the Bronco features grafted on to it. It might be a fine vehicle for what it is, but it would have been more honest to just sell it as some special, off-road-capable trim of the Escape, than to call it a Bronco.

One thing that I just cannot get past about the “‘Bronco’ Sport¨, is that unless you get the top-of-the-line version, you only get a three-cylinder motor. What the f•••?

In automotive applications, the only valid place for a three-cylinder, four-stroke engine, is in either a hybrid drivetrain, or a crappy subcompact. If you understand how a four-stroke engine works, you have to understand that for acceptably smooth power output, four cylinders is the absolute bare minimum. The Badlads trim of the “‘Bronco’ Sport¨ gets a four-cylinder, as did the First Edition trim that was only offered, in very limited quantities, for the 2021 model year.

The real Bronco gets either a four-cylinder engine, bigger than that of the top-level “‘Bronco’ Sport¨, or a six-cylinder engine.

I have seen very few of these, guessing they haven't sold well.
And 3 cyl for an off road vehicle?? Yeah.... seriously underpowered.
Must go 0-60 in 3 minutes... flat.

As for Mustang, it is my favorite line of cars ever made.
Most favorite, and imo - the most beautiful American car made - the 1969 Mustang Mach 1, and of course this is the car Ford chose to model after with today's Mustangs.
The Mustang II was a clown car. Also hated the "Fox Mustangs".

OMG this is gonna take a minute.

Mustangs.....
6 fox bodies
3 SN95 cobras (laser red, Bright Atlantic blue, Mystic)
1 SN95 Cobra Hard Top Vert. (1995 very few made)

Fbodies
2 4th gen SS verts
1 4th gen WS6 vert
1 4th gen TA Ttop car
1 1989 Trans Am GTA TTA pace car (wish I had this one back)

1 Dodge SRT10 reg cab truck

corvettes
2 C5 coupes (current is a twin turbo)
1 C5 vert
1 C6 ZO6 (wish I still had this one....will be getting another one when the current C5 sells)
1 C4 coupe
1 C4 Hart top Vert (currently own. 13k mile car. great car)

1 1968 Camaro
1 1976 Camaro

Im probably forgetting something somewhere. future plans are a low mileage C6 ZO6, And a C7 ZO6 vert auto.

As far as daily drivers we currently have a 2001 Toyota 4Runner, and a 2001 ford ranger 4x4,

Past:

1965 Plymouth Belvedere (bought it off my brother in 1978 for $40)
1975 Plymouth Fury (with the 360 4 barrel "police package")
1978 Chevy Camaro Z-28
1981 Volkswagen Rabbit convertible (a surprisingly fun little car)
1981 Honda Prelude
1985 Nissan Sentra
1985 Chrysler Laser (colossal piece of shit)
1988 Honda Accord (purchased in 1992, my daughter drove it until 2005)
1991 Chevy Astro
1993 GMC Sonoma
1999 Ford Explorer
2013 Nissan Altima (great car)
2016 Chevy Corvette Stingray

Current:

1969 Pontiac Firebird
1969 Dodge Charger
1975 Jeep CJ-5
1994 Range Rover Defender
2014 Chevy Malibu
2014 Mercedes-Benz C-350 coupe
2017 Audi R7

Oh, I'll go you one better!

Howsabout the 1986 Dodge Charger Shelby??

My brother used to have one of these:

1985-Dodge-Shelby-Charger.-Mecum-12.jpg

What a horrible car that was...
I don't even remember those.
But you are right, that is worse than a Mustang II.
At least the Mustang II was an attractive little car... piece of shit, and an insult to the Mustang brand - but that Charger is flat out ugly. I can't see a thing that is attractive about it. The back end looks like a Chevy Citation, the front end looks like someone took 15 minutes to design it. Blocky, and angular.

My car history includes a lot of vehicles that were scorned in the marketplace, but proved good for me, although I don't keep my cars for long. Some highlights...

1959 Hillman Minx (brought over by an Army vet),
Several Fiats...all bad cars. To say they were prone to rust doesn't capture the reality of it. Incredible.
Honda Accords and a Ridgeline - fantastic truck if you accept it for what it is.
Cadillac Seville, Catera, Cimarron...no problems at all. Although to be fair, I dumped the Catera as soon as the warranty ran out. It was an incredible money pit and fortunately for me it was all covered.
Lots of Chrysler turbos, starting with a LeBaron and ending with a PT Cruiser GT. Chrysler Pacifica, great car. Never had a problem.
S-10...dead reliable for several years, then I sold it for what I paid for it.
Late year VW's...no problems, great cars.

All of my past automobiles were all high grade testaments to superior automotive engineering.

1. 1977 Datsun B210 - Honey Bee edition. Automatic, to tame those unbridled 70 horses.
2. 1968 Volkswagen Fastback - Beautiful, but less horses. Manual. No safety restraints (or sound deadening materials) to interfere with the sound of that air cooled power plant. Remember: backfires are a feature, not a flaw.
3. 4. & 6.1975/77/79 Chevrolet K-5 Blazer. Okay, I used to like Blazers. Off road square body machines that can crawl over everything but a gas pump.
5. 1982 Chevrolet Camaro Berlinetta. An absolute gem of the early 80s GM supercar era where cubic inches vastly overshadowed horsepower, just like it should be. Plastic is the future. Heartbeat of America, amirite?
6. 1987 Honda CRX SI - Micro car, made from cutting edge nylon material from the future. A fuel sipping 90hp rocket ship that pioneered the hot hatch category.
7. 1977 Audi Fox. An understated 5 cylinder dynamo unleashing a head turning 87 hp. Plus, it's an Audi, so you know it's quality.
8. 1985 E30 BMW M3. A classic. Enough said.
9. 1990 Audi 90. A gorgeous example of an estate sedan which would be right at home in Eastern Europe. Remember: The constant overheating issue is a feature because it's built for speed. Amateurs need not apply. Plus, it's an Audi, so you know it's quality.
10. 1996 BMW M3 Convertible. Too fast for me. Eventually returned back to dealer due to it's pure German engineered perfection.
11. 1996 SAAB 900 Convertible (non-turbo V6). Swedish powerhouse built with a super strong chassis and cv joints. Some say it's because it secretly out handles most super cars.
12. 1994 Izusu Amigo Sport. With a deafening 120 bhp, this open-top off road superstar (limited to 55 mph, for driver safety) did so much with so little. Some even say it inspired Jeep.
13. 1990 Volkswagen Golf. Sometimes, bulletproof simplicity meets low power and the magic just happens.
14. 1996 Dodge Grand Caravan. The era where Chrysler and Mercedes-Benz teamed up to make the industry standard of perfect luxury vehicles in the high demand vessel of small vans. Some say the highly reliable electrical systems and transmissions in the Grand Caravan were later adapted to be used in our US military Abrams tanks and even Boeing 747s.
15. 1995 Ford F150 XL. 145 Neck breaking bhp. Literally the same bulletproof inline 300 i6 your father's had. A true spirit of truck unencumbered by modern distractions.
16. 1995 Ford F350 Lariat. 245 Break necking bhp. Literally the same bulletproof 460 v8 your father's had. A true spirit of truck unencumbered by modern distractions. Plus, If you want to randomly pull your house off of it's foundation, this is the truck to use.
17. 2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport. An amazingly capable off road SUV that pioneered the class, despite not being the pretty much perfect set up of the Izusu Amigo. Jeep stays in their lane, and I like that about them.
18. 2005 Jeep Liberty. Successor to the XJ. Even more powerful than the XJ, and aerodynamically superior in each and every way. Built for speed. Trail-rated.
19. 2018 RAM 3500. A surprisingly fuel efficient line of small luxury pickup truck, built for speed that just happens to tow 20,000 lbs.

Forum List

Back