The biggest nut ever

Natural Citizen

American Made
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 8, 2016
Supposedly it will be worlds largest hex nut at 18 feet point to point and weighing 4400 pounds when it's finished. The current world record holder is by a company in Slovenia.

73UVSOHHWFDOXGFXEVI2NVLV5U.jpg

Supposedly it will be worlds largest hex nut when it's finished. The current world record holder is by a company in Slovenia at 18 feet point to point and weighing 4400 pounds.

73UVSOHHWFDOXGFXEVI2NVLV5U.jpg

when I get my nut, it has a different connotation. I nut bigly.

Actually I believe the correct terminology is ft-lbs(or ft-t)
Ft/lbs is foot divided by pounds whereas foot-pounds is an actual unit .
Lbs/ft is a measurement of static loading....pounds per linear foot.
It will take superman and the hulk working together handling that wrench to tighten that nut though.

Some cat over on the vette board ragged on me hard for saying ft/lbs instead of lbs/ft. lol.

But yeah. They're gonna need a big wrench.
I say ft-lbs. :dunno:

How would they even-? And where's the world's biggest bolt?

I did a search, I can't find a wrench big enough to tighten it. . . so it is a useless nut.

Come to think of it. . . is there a bolt for it?

🤔

Actually I believe the correct terminology is ft-lbs(or ft-t)
Ft/lbs is foot divided by pounds whereas foot-pounds is an actual unit .
Lbs/ft is a measurement of static loading....pounds per linear foot.
It will take superman and the hulk working together handling that wrench to tighten that nut though.

Yeah, that is the correct way to say it, but hardly anyone does.

Last edited:
I say ft-lbs. :dunno:

How would they even-? And where's the world's biggest bolt?

''The world's largest bolts ever made were specially forged by the Penrith Engineering Works in Clydesdale Scotland in 1967. The bolts measured 27 feet 4 inch long each and had a diameter of 4 feet 2 inch. Each bolt weighed 12.6 tonnes and a total of 60 of them were made. The bolts were made from the ultra hard and super strong metal IRIDIUM. The bolts were used to connect two oil tankers together as an experiment to increase bulk crude oil transport capacity of shipping company SWISSOIL.

Incredibly each bolt failed one by one when the ships were sailing up the English Channel and the experiment was deemed a failure becuase of torsional stress caused the bolts to fail...''

If there was perhaps an anchor bolt embedded in a 50 foot deep half acre block of concrete, it would put the nut in a horizontal position for tightening. Then if there was a wrench a couple miles long, maybe one of those big earthmover machines might pull enough to tighten it....
Yeah. ..... Wasted nut

Seems like a waste of steel and time, I wonder how much they overcharged clients to afford that project, but if it gives people the tingles go for it

Forum List

Back