The Battle For Hearts and Minds-Not Just For The Mideast

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by Annie, Dec 26, 2005.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    It seems some of those to the left of the board, new members for the most part, have been having some giggles on insinuating that those that 'post to other articles' don't have their own thoughts. How cute, how trite, how disingenuous. When I first started on this board, I mostly wrote on my own take on things, truth to tell, I'm not a writer. I learned quickly enough, that others articulated those events and analysis that helped me come to the conclusions that I've reached, some over a long period of time, others quickly.

For the most part, the 'critics' are those that have been banned for some period of time, by me or another mod/admin. They are for the most part those that perhaps are self-deluded to think their 'great thoughts' are their own. In fact, as has often been pointed out by links to DU, DNC site, NY Times and other newspapers, derivative of others' works. No matter, they are the shills of the left. They are 'talking pointers.'

Seldom do I just post a 'link' without some sort of my own perspective of why I think it relevant, at least to me. When I do, I think that the article speaks for itself and their is no need for my perspective.

The following from Michael Yon sort of fits in with how one's 'perspective' can color what one sees and interprets. Links at site:

http://www.michaelyon.blogspot.com/?BMIDS=17063506-1b6a7c54-97001

2. Adam's Apple

Adam's Apple Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +447
    I think the post about "original thoughts" was quite childish myself. You don't have to post your own "original thoughts" to post something worthwhile. There are many "original thoughts" posted on this board that are the works of outstanding professional conservative writers. That's one of the reasons I "tune in". I don't know about anyone else, but the opportunity to have access to those writers' works will surely keep me hanging around. If I want "original thoughts" on a topic/issue, I will ask the poster to express his/her "original thoughts".

3. LuvRPgrl

LuvRPgrl Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +206
    Questions:

Only original thoughts are noteworthy?
    If one doesnt have an original thought at the moment, they arent allowed to post?
    If nobody repeated very good observations they have heard elsewhere, how are we to be informed?
    Is liberalism, at its core, an original thought?

War is not the answer
    Bush is evil
    Tax the rich, give to the poor.
    It's Bush's fault
    If we execute the murderer, we are no better than him.
    Bush did it
    Seperation of Church and State
    Bush caused the problem
    Its her body
    Bush is evil
    Govt can cure all the social ills
    Bush doesnt care for the poor
    Guns kill
    Bush did it
    Homosexuals are born that way
    Bush is an idiot
    Women should get equal pay for equal work (psss, they do)
    Bush is a bafoon
    The repubs want child slave labor if they get their way
    Bush is the root of all Americas ills
    Universal medical care is a RIGHT
    Bush is evil
    Repubs are for the rich