The Barber Shop

alan1

Gold Member
Dec 13, 2008
Shoveling the ashes
I finally went and got my hair cut today. I was long over due.
My barber retired about 6 or 7 months ago, and he sold his shop to one of the ladies that worked for him. I'm happy for her that she was able to buy the shop and keep it going.
But she isn't my barber, and neither are any of the employees, so I put off getting my haircut for a longer time now.
Mr Lee's been cutting my hair for almost 15 years. It's a simple cut, I get a clipper cut with a #3 guard. Mr Lee used to cut it and tighten up all the edges in 15 minutes or less. The lady today took 30 minutes to do the exact same job. Oh, and she didn't trim my eyebrows. Mr Lee used to do that for me because my eyebrows grow kind of long. At least they aren't bushy.
I miss Mr Lee. I'd show up every 2 months or so, he'd always take me next no matter how many people were there, and we'd spend 15 minutes talking about politics and current events as he cut my hair. He'd charge me $10 and I'd give him a $5 dollar tip.
Today, she charged me $12. It's a fair price for a haircut. I gave her a $3 tip.
I need to find a new barber.

Rod has not been to a barber shop since we met. After all these years he would miss his barber too is she quit.

My son understands your pain. He comes and sees mom in between those new barber issues he gets from time to time. I tell him when he gets a cut he does not like, "no biggy it grows really fast when you don't keep your over two inches long".

Rod has not been to a barber shop since we met. After all these years he would miss his barber too is she quit.

My son understands your pain. He comes and sees mom in between those new barber issues he gets from time to time. I tell him when he gets a cut he does not like, "no biggy it grows really fast when you don't keep your over two inches long".

:)

$12 for a haircut? :eek: Mine's $25 - bare minimum. Every 3-4 weeks...

Cut your own hair. It might look shitty...but you're not a girly-man, so you shouldn't care.

Forum List

Back