The Axis: Iran, Pakistan and China

iRosie,

Instead of bugging me, share your thought on The Axis. Does it have a potential? What is the ambition of The Axis?

thou art bugged? try some bhang indicus whilst the storm
clouds gather

Ok. So you do not know anything about The Axis :) I am surprised that there is indeed something that you do not know anything about.

there is LOTS I do not know-----your comment seems to me to be snotty-----in the realm of innuendo. I conjecture, based
on history, that the developing ALLIANCE involving Russia, Iran, Pakistan, Syria is no damned good. It is an AXIS DO-OVER. As far as Iran and Pakistan is concerned----India is
something like France. I am concerned that my BHANG supply will dry up

You do not need bhang when you have high quality Middle Eastern (Jewish, etc.) hashish that you are hitting.

iRosie,

Instead of bugging me, share your thought on The Axis. Does it have a potential? What is the ambition of The Axis?

thou art bugged? try some bhang indicus whilst the storm
clouds gather

Ok. So you do not know anything about The Axis :) I am surprised that there is indeed something that you do not know anything about.

there is LOTS I do not know-----your comment seems to me to be snotty-----in the realm of innuendo. I conjecture, based
on history, that the developing ALLIANCE involving Russia, Iran, Pakistan, Syria is no damned good. It is an AXIS DO-OVER. As far as Iran and Pakistan is concerned----India is
something like France. I am concerned that my BHANG supply will dry up

You do not need bhang when you have high quality Middle Eastern (Jewish, etc.) hashish that you are hitting.

Bhang is not big (its a pun---BIG BHANG) in Israel----people go to India for that fix. Israel has KHAT----and some other
stuff that grows in Lebanon (???) Khat grows freely----
little old ladies have it in their little gardens

Holy guacamole! Check this out iRosie, although I am not sure if your English comprehension is up to par :)

---

Iran, Pakistan 'one another’s strategic depth'

2188522.jpg

TEHRAN, Aug. 28 (MNA) – President Hassan Rouhani said Sun. the close relations between Iran and Pakistan have provided necessary conditions for improving economic cooperation between the two countries.
Iranian President Hassan Rouhani made the remark on Sunday while receiving the credentials of Pakistani Ambassador Asif Ali Khan Durrani. Rouhani stressed that the implementation process of signed agreements between the two countries should be expedited so that Tehran and Islamabad would be able to further expand their economic cooperation.

Rouhani also referred to terrorist activities that have no commitment to any Islamic, ethical or humanistic principles, and called for closer joint cooperation with Pakistan for providing security at the borders and across the region; “combating terrorist groups is not an easy task, but our belief is that there is the will and adequate power in the Pakistani army and military forces to fight the terrorists,” Rouhani said.

President Rouhani further highlighted the many cultural commonalities between Iranian and Pakistani nations, calling for more cooperation in cultural, academic, and scientific fields.

The newly-appointed Pakistani envoy, for his part, maintained that Tehran and Islamabad’s strategic cooperation has been well revealed during difficult times, saying the two countries’ commercial and economic relations should improve to the level of political ties.

Iran, Pakistan 'one another’s strategic depth'

PAKISTAN TRADE WITH IRAN TO RISE TO $5BN

ISLAMABAD: Pakistani Ambassador to Iran Asif Ali Khan Durrani has said that the trade volume with Iran will rise to $5billion in four years.

The ambassador, in an interview with IRNA, described Iran as a brother for Pakistan, saying the two countries kept offering support to each other and enjoyed very strong friendly relations.

On Iran's nuclear agreement with the 5+1, he said the deal had opened up many avenues for tackling problems. The deal, he said, resulted in lowering of sanctions against Iran.

He said a number of problems between the two countries like in banking areas had started to disappear due to the agreement.

Referring to the visit of the Iranian President Hassan Rouhani to Pakistan this year, he noted that agreements in areas like electricity export, insurance, chambers of commerce, strategic commerce planning, media, medicine, healthcare and tourism were signed between the two countries.

Pakistan trade with Iran to rise to $5bn

Iran, China finalize deal on $1.2b refinery project

2203766.jpg

TEHRAN – China’s Sinopec and Iran’s Oil Ministry have finalized an agreement regarding the development project of Iran’s Abadan refinery, Mehr news agency reported on Saturday.

Based on the report, according to Iranian Deputy Oil Minister for Refining and Distribution of Oil Products Abbas Kazemi, the first phase of the $1.2 billion project will start in the near future.

“The project includes the development, optimization and improvement of production processes in Abadan refinery as the largest oil refinery in Iran,” Kazemi told Mehr.

Deputy oil minister noted that based on this agreement one of the Sinopec’s subsidiaries will be responsible for the implementation of the first phase. “Reducing fuel oil production to less than 10 percent and increasing production capacity for gasoline and diesel based on Euro4 standard are among the most important goals of the project,” he said.

Elsewhere in his remarks, Kazemi mentioned that the talks for opening a credit line for this project are underway with China’s central bank and noted, “It is anticipated that the Chinese company will start the project in the Iranian ninth month of Azar (November 21-Decemebr 20).”

Iran is aiming to increase export volumes of cleaner diesel in upcoming years as its refineries are being upgraded.

Iran, China finalize deal on $1.2b refinery project

Chinese ambassador hails growing China-Iran ties

Chinese ambassador to Iran, Pang Sen, highlighted here on Tuesday the growing ties between China and Iran and stressed the expansion of ties further.

Speaking to reporters at a press conference, Pang said that Iran and China's relations are presently in a progressive motion, particularly following the official visit of Chinese President Xi Jinping in January this year to Iran.

Xi's visit was a "successful" one and both sides agreed to develop a comprehensive plan for promoting relations for the future, he said.

Since then, officials from the two countries are in constant contacts and delegations from Iran and China have visited the other country for further negotiations on mutual ties, Pang said.

Iran-China trade value stood at 33.85 billion US dollars last year, and has reached 14.1 billion US dollars in the first half year of 2016, he added.

Pang also said that the non-finance investment of Chinese investors in Iran reached 270 million US dollars from January to June, with a 43.8 percent increase year on year.

Meanwhile, China imported 15 million tons of crude oil from Iran in the same time span, which represents a 2.5 percent increase year on year, he added.

He also stressed that the projects carried out by China in Iran, including Tehran-Isfahan railway project, have made considerable progress.

In the meantime, cultural ties between two countries have witnessed positive trend of progress over the past years, Pang said. "Culture, education, media and tourism have been among the top areas of cooperation between Iran and China."

Last month, Chinese cultural festival titled "2016 Experience China in Iran" featured northwest China's Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region through a photo exhibition, music performance and other cultural activities at Tehran's Niavaran Cultural Center.

Chinese ambassador hails growing China-Iran ties - Global Times

It looks like The Axis will go on.

---

Pakistan's free trade agreement draft wins Iran’s backing

ISLAMABAD: In a sign of progress towards a free trade agreement (FTA), the Iranian authorities have agreed with the initial draft shared by Pakistan and returned it with their input, paving the way for kicking off formal negotiations on streamlining commerce between the two sides.

Pakistan had shared the draft on Iran President Hasan Rouhani’s desire for free trade between the two countries during his visit to Islamabad in March this year.

Both the sides agreed to switch from the current preferential trade agreement to an FTA and push bilateral trade volume up to $5 billion over the next five years.

Pakistan's free trade agreement draft wins Iran’s backing - The Express Tribune

Iran Is Stuck With China to Finance Its Oil Dreams

Amid the snake-infested marshlands on Iran’s border with Iraq, the control room monitoring North Azadegan oil field is manned entirely by Chinese technicians. In central Tehran, hundreds of Chinese pour out at noon from the telecommunications company Huawei to its canteen. There are now so many Chinese expatriates here, some say they outnumber all other nationalities combined.

-1x-1.jpg

Iran Is Stuck With China to Finance Its Oil Dreams

Forum List

Back