The American System

You are a leftist pretending otherwise. You believe in class struggle and warfare.

A company doing business here is subject to US laws, including tax laws. So what?
WalMart has lowered prices for families across the board, even if they never shop at WalMart. What you propose is a stealth tax that favors some companies and punishes others, and punishes consumers most of all. That is crony capitalism, and it has to stop.

No, actaully I am an Eisenhower Republican not a new age Republican, also known as a Moderate in today's world. If you so choose to call me a leftist by today's standards then that puts me in some very good company, with the likes of Eisenhower, Kennedy, Jefferson, Truman, Reagan, and a whole host of others, that felt as I do that this nations welfare is much more important than the welfare and economic condition of other nations.

It's quite obvious that many place the welfare of other nations, and their own wallet above the nation they live in, so be it, that is why our nation continues to lose its ability manufacture strategic products that keep this nation strong all for the that so called "free market nirvana" that does not exist. Your actually incorrect too in your assessment of my proposal on taxes, in fact am in favor of a keeping in place the existing tax system and adding a 51% content rule which applies to the retail end as well as the manufacturing. In that, if a company can produce, sell and employ 51% of it's content here, then they should be given any tax break possible, even more so, they should have their taxes lowered. For those who do not, then deductions, writeoffs, and the corporate rate will apply. If this disturbs the Wal Mart culture, then so be it, it's about time it was disturbed. I have nothing at all against Wal Mart in fact Wal Mart has every right to sell products they so choose to sell to anyone they choose to sell the too, as do you have the ability to buy them. My suggestion is if they choose to sell products not made here, that do not employ Americans to make them to Americans then they should pay the corporate rate period. Nothing stealthy about that.

Reagan was an advocate of free markets.
What you advocate is crony capitalism. The only people helped are owners and managers of sub-performing companies turning out second rate goods at uncompetitive prices. If that were a formula for success E.Germany would be a powerhouse.

Reagan was an advocate of free markets.
What you advocate is crony capitalism. The only people helped are owners and managers of sub-performing companies turning out second rate goods at uncompetitive prices. If that were a formula for success E.Germany would be a powerhouse.

REAGAN'S TARIFF MAY DAMAGE NAKASONE, A FRIEND, AT HOME
By approving retaliatory trade measures against Japan on Friday, President Reagan may have harmed not only Japanese exporters but also his close ally, Prime Minister Yasuhiro Nakasone.

Political analysts and foreign diplomats said today that the President's action could have the unintended effect of undercutting Mr. Nakasone, who was already mired in his deepest political crisis since he took office four and a half years ago.
REAGAN'S TARIFF MAY DAMAGE NAKASONE, A FRIEND, AT HOME - NYTimes.com

Reagan's best-known protective policy was a tariff placed in 1983 on imported motorcycles at the request of American icon Harley-Davidson. So yes Reagan was a at his core an American, and thought of his nation ahead of others. As to it being crony capitalism that implies that by not allowing companies that do not employ Americans or sell American products to enjoy the benefits of an American tax system cronyism you are saying that system pits one company against another based on where they happen to build their products, I have another word for it, several in fact, I call it patriotic.

Forum List

Back