The American position on the question of Palestine

Khaled Talib

Rookie
Dec 11, 2014
USA
Dear all,

I met a Rabbi many years ago and he told me people don't understand the meaning of peace. He explained that there are two types of peace: Political peace and spiritual peace.

In other words, not everyone thinks that a hug and a smile will bring love, especially in the Middle East where the Arabs and the Israelis are concerned. So, do you ever see America relinquishing its support of Israel?

There are already Israelis and Arabs who believe in a two-state solution while others don't. And some Americans would love to have their government distance themselves from Israel and the Mideast altogether. What are you thoughts?

This is the link to a review of my novel Smokescreen in The Examiner.
http://www.examiner.com/review/independent-author-khaled-talib

The novel Smokescreen, albeit fiction, touches on the American position on the question of Palestine. The story begins in Cairo where two spies, an American and an Israeli, meet to discuss terms of settlement between the Israelis and the Palestinians.

It gives the perspective of everyone - from how some Israelis think and how some Americans view the situation in the Middle East. The question is, Can Israel survive another 66 years?

Best,

Khaled
Singapore

Last edited:
Dear all,

I met a Rabbi many years ago and he told me people don't understand the meaning of peace. He explained that there are two types of peace: Political peace and spiritual peace.

In other words, not everyone thinks that a hug and a smile will bring love, especially in the Middle East where the Arabs and the Israelis are concerned. So, do you ever see America relinquishing its support of Israel?

There are already Israelis and Arabs who believe in a two-state solution while others don't. And some Americans would love to have their government distance themselves from Israel and the Mideast altogether. What are you thoughts?

The novel Smokescreen, albeit fiction, touches on the American position on the question of Palestine. The story begins in Cairo where two spies, an American and an Israeli, meet to discuss terms of settlement between the Israelis and the Palestinians.

It gives the perspective of everyone - from how some Israelis think and how some Americans view the situation in the Middle East. The question is, Can Israel survive another 66 years?

Best,

Khaled
Singapore
In my humble opinion the way you present these questions - its somewhat a plain presentation to me - when it should involve a several levels(societies/ethnics, political, financial, global interest, and even minor details such as the media) - think of it not like a tie but more of a Rubik's cube while the moving tiles means daily events that are somewhat minor but changing the entire situation of other tiles and the tiles they affect in the Middle Eastern chaos.
Good luck with your book! I've read some great reviews about it, once it will be printed in Hebrew I believe it will arrive to my nearby bookstore.

Dear all,

Best,

Khaled
Singapore[/QUOTE

I fall in with the latter group in that I would indeed prefer my country, America, to distance itself from Israel and for that matter, the Mideast altogether. Having Israel as our ally has never been of any benefit to us whatsoever . . . actually the direct opposite is true in that her supposed friendship has been, and still is, very costly to us monetarily and very dangerous, too, particularly in such cases as that of the Yom Kippur 1973 War when Russia sided with Egypt against America and Israel, putting the entire world in jeopardy of ending in a nuclear holocaust. ~ Susan

I fall in with the latter group in that I would indeed prefer my country, America, to distance itself from Israel and for that matter, the Mideast altogether. Having Israel as our ally has never been of any benefit to us whatsoever . . . actually the direct opposite is true in that her supposed friendship has been, and still is, very costly to us monetarily and very dangerous, too, particularly in such cases as that of the Yom Kippur 1973 War when Russia sided with Egypt against America and Israel, putting the entire world in jeopardy of ending in a nuclear holocaust. ~ Susan
Drivel.

Drivel.

You nincompoop, you. ~ Susan

Drivel.
You nincompoop, you. ~ Susan
Drivel.

What are some possible solutions to the clusterfuck that is Israel and Palestine? Any ideas?
Resettlement of palistanians back in arab lands, of course.
Resettlement of Jewish Europeans back to Russia, Eastern Europe, many want to come back anyway having realised they don't belong in the "Zionist Paradise".

Israel s nightmare Homegrown neo-Nazis in the Holy Land - Middle East - World - The Independent

Black Shirt Jewish Neo-Nazis Israel 2014 Good Night Left Side jewish philosophy place

What are some possible solutions to the clusterfuck that is Israel and Palestine? Any ideas?
Resettlement of Jewish Europeans back to Russia, Eastern Europe, many want to come back anyway having realised they don't belong in the "Zionist Paradise". Israel s nightmare Homegrown neo-Nazis in the Holy Land - Middle East - World - The IndependentBlack Shirt Jewish Neo-Nazis Israel 2014 Good Night Left Side jewish philosophy place
Drivel.

Ideal solution. Just one problem. No Arab nation, who know the Palestinians best, will grant them a right of return back to their native homelands. How relieved they are to have Israel to deal with the Palestinians.

As not even the U.S. will approve of ethnic cleansing, the Christians and Muslims will remain where they are.

Forum List

Back