The Aftermath of the Trial

Discussion in 'Clean Debate Zone' started by Wake, Jul 19, 2013.

1. numan

numan What! Me Worry?

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +412
    If you go over my postings, you will find that at no point did I attack you personally -- with the possible exception of referring to you as "Mr. Antiquated" -- jocosely playing on your web name. If you found that offensive, I apologize. I think it is more correct to say that you attacked me personally, though, of course, this is immaterial to me. If you imagine that I attacked you personally, it can only be because I do not agree with views you hold dear.
    Now I do know that many, many Americans regard anything less than fulsome and overblown jingoism as personally insulting and tantamount to treason -- yet I maintain it is not so.

And, on the whole, Wake, I rather like you -- so far. Yet I find a certain illogic in regarding "never a particularly admirable lot" as being especially insulting. After all, it merely means "fair to middling". This may be offensive to the pompous and self-important jingoism which, over the years, has made Uncle Sam such a figure of mockery all over the world, I cannot see that any rational person would be offended by it.

While, ever since the Insurrectionary Terrorists established the Republic so long ago, I have found the political figures of American history a rather depressing lot, I can think of many Americans I admire -- if you will just grant me a little time to recollect.

I do have a soft spot in my heart for Nathaniel Hawthorne. How could one not warm to an American capable of saying,

"The United States are suited for many admirable purposes, but not to live in."

That "are" is a nice period touch, don't you think?

2. Caroljo

Caroljo Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,338
    Maybe not....Moochelle is darker that Barak. She is full black isn't she? Lol! Guess I've never looked into that! Anyway, his son would have had bigger ears.

3. numan

numan What! Me Worry?

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +412
    I think of myself as the snowy linen napkin whom the pots and the kettles call black.

4. freedombecki

freedombecki Let's go swimmin'! Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,933
    What anyone thinks is irrelevant when the jury rules that the killing was in self-defense and not murder in the second degree and not manslaughter, either.

What I do think is that this should never have gone to trial. The threshold was met to declare it a case of self-defense, and nothing else. The cops said it first, the forensics said it agreed, the defense tried to get the case dismissed on self-defense, and finally, the jury agreed it was self-defense. It's over. Talking won't undo the correct verdict of self-defense.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. beagle9

beagle9 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,054
    One thing is good, is that we did get a trial, because this was bad until the trial shut the wild west lynching party and/or it's self proclaimed and promoted confused posse down finally. The WHITE Hispanic ? Give me a break, this cat was heavily Hispanic in skin color or tone, but they (the race hustlers) wanted him to be white as in whitey (aka creepy cracka), so bad that it wasn't even funny in this case. Oops!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. Gadawg73

Gadawg73 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,677
    You want to walk the street unarmed? Have at it.
    Who is going to stop you? Mama?

7. Gadawg73

Gadawg73 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,677
    No, you are an ugly as sin mother fucker in a wheel chair.

8. Oldstyle

Oldstyle Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,991
    You must not be reading the same Numan posts that I am, Wake. He's not here to argue ideology or exchange ideas...he's here to flame. You know it, I know it...and I'm confident that Numan not only would admit to it but indeed would REVEL in it.

The reason he makes the statements he does about Americans is that he knows it's going to get a rise out of someone. He doesn't have anything else to offer.

9. jon_berzerk

jon_berzerk Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16,960
    did you get a chance to see the lawsuit filed by Ben Kruidbos

Causes of Action - Kruidbos - 92_57 - Complaint - Final (1)

have you heard anymore about the sanctions and other Finnish up

from the zimmerman trial

omara pretty much has the proof that someone at the FLDE scrubbed

or attempted to scrub martins cellphone

10. TheGreatGatsby

TheGreatGatsby Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,680
    On the character scale, you and numan are at opposite ends. But, you keep talking and see if another zombie takes up your torch.