The 8 Most Exciting Solar Projects in the U.S. [Updated]

Ah poor baby, mdn got his ass handed to him again.

Not by you or anyone in this thread, are you still sore Old Crock, I did point out that Old Crock is a hypocrite, imagine, Old Crock supports Hydro Fracking for Green Energy but opposes Hydro Fracking for Fossil Energy.

So I point out, using Old Crock's own posts and links how Old Crock is a hypocrite and that is called getting my "Ass-handed" to me.

Hardly Old Crock, Old Crock, your attacking me personally, you are not addressing the facts in my posts, that gives me great pleasure.

Still, you win, I get my ass handed to me by paying higher taxes, by paying tariffs, by paying California Redemtion Values, by paying extremely high electric bills.

Not only that, we have no energy to create food which is now starving people across the World.

Nice energy policy. Maybe if people like Old Crock spent less time name calling and more time listening to facts not so many people would be facing famine across the World.

Yet that is the Policy of Old Crock and the Green Anarchist, a World without people, imagine how great that would be, right Old Crock.

Before I went my pants, how many homes will these projects power. For example, with these projects, what percentage of CA's power will come from solar power?

My guess is, and I don't want to be pestimissitic, is about 2-3% of CA needs!
Better question. How many INDUSTRIES can one of those plants supply with consistent, reliable power?

It's not meant to be the only source of power, but a supplement that will lower our dependence on foreign oil. It goes into the grid which you well know, but choose to ignore in favor of your well-documented biases toward anything that makes sense.
If we can just figure out how to make power from moon light, darkness and clouds, we;ll be fine.
IIRC, an oil fired generating plant uses 70 to 80% of the fuel used at peak power while running in stand-by mode. It takes days, not hours to get an idle plant on line.

Better question. How many INDUSTRIES can one of those plants supply with consistent, reliable power?

It's not meant to be the only source of power, but a supplement that will lower our dependence on foreign oil. It goes into the grid which you well know, but choose to ignore in favor of your well-documented biases toward anything that makes sense.
If we can just figure out how to make power from moon light, darkness and clouds, we;ll be fine.
IIRC, an oil fired generating plant uses 70 to 80% of the fuel used at peak power while running in stand-by mode. It takes days, not hours to get an idle plant on line.

The systems this thread is based on can create electricity from the Moon, darkness and clouds, these Solar Plants are powered by Natural Gas, thats right, these are natural gas powered solar plants which resolved the problem of not producing consistent reliable power.

NO JOKE, these are Natural Gas Power Plants, they literally produce 80% of their power with Natural Gas. Funny, even the Natural Gas pipeline has a back-up system that is ran with Diesel power.

Solar, not at all, Natural Gas Power Plants.

Now we are on the verge of thin film photovoltaics that have high efficiences. These could be place on commercial and industrial roofs with no additional loading. That would increase the amount of power available during the hours in which the power is most needed. Wind, geothermal, and thermal solar could provide power for the dark hours.

The solutions and technologies are out there. The problem is that, unlike fossil fuel, they can be made by a whole bunch of small and medium sized players. That just does not sit well with the present powers.

Now we are on the verge of thin film photovoltaics that have high efficiences. These could be place on commercial and industrial roofs with no additional loading. That would increase the amount of power available during the hours in which the power is most needed. Wind, geothermal, and thermal solar could provide power for the dark hours.

The solutions and technologies are out there. The problem is that, unlike fossil fuel, they can be made by a whole bunch of small and medium sized players. That just does not sit well with the present powers.

Another bullshit lie from the Hypocrite.

Georthermal is the most expensive, most polluting of all sources of power because the corrosive nature of Brine destroys the equipment.

Solar is Natural Gas Powered hence it is no longer Solar.

Wind is not built by a small player, its built by bankrupt companies that are propped up by the government stealing my tax dollars.

General Electric is a small player?

Dow Corning is a small player?

Chevron and the Oil Companies provide raw materials to build these massive Green Energy Plants.

Every Green Energy plant now built is physically the largest in size, its an industry thats physical size is 1000's larger than fossil fuel plants that produce a 1000x's more energy

Now Old Crock knows this, as I pointed out using Old Crock's own posts, Old Crock is a Hypocrite.

This threads Solar Plants we are discussing are all natural gas power plants with solar panels attached, Natural gas is not Solar.

Welcome to the big scam of big business.

If you beleive in Green Energy you know absolutely nothing about the topic.

Rooftop solar, forcing customers who have no choice to pay a private corporation a forced price for expensive energy.

Assholes.

Ausra, this must be a great Solar Company, Al Gore and Bill Clinton passed laws and authorized and financed the studies promoting the global warming fraud, as well as gave grants, tax subsidies, and free research to these Solar Companies.

And now we find out its because Al Gore is invested in Green Technology, I thought Dick Cheney used his position to advance Halliburton, it seems when Democrats accuse Republicans, its only because they are guilty of the crime themselves.

Al Gore invested in the fraud, AUSRA

Gore Admits Financial 'Stake' In Advancing Global Warming Hysteria

For years, NewsBusters has reported on Al Gore's financial interests in advancing global warming hysteria around the world.

On March 1, while speaking at the TED Conference in Monterey, California, the Nobel Laureate admitted to having "a stake" in a number of green "investments" that he recommended attendees put money in rather than "sub-prime carbon assets" like "tar sands" and "shale oil."

This occurred as pictures of such products appeared on the screen with names of the companies involved (video available here, relevant section begins at minute 15:00, h/t NBer Sick-and-Tired):

Story Continues Below Ad ↓ There are a lot of great investments you can make. If you are investing in tar sands, or shale oil, then you have a portfolio that is crammed with sub-prime carbon assets. And it is based on an old model. Junkies find veins in their toes when the ones in their arms and their legs collapse. Developing tar sands and coal shale is the equivalent. Here are just a few of the investments I personally think make sense. I have a stake in these so I’ll have a disclaimer there. But geo-thermal concentrating solar, advanced photovoltaics, efficiency, and conservation.

As Gore spoke these words, pictures of electric cars, windmills and solar panels appeared in multiple slides on the screen with company names at the bottom such as Amyris (biofuels), Altra (biofuels), Bloom Energy (solid oxide fuel cells), Mascoma (cellulosic biofuels), GreatPoint Energy (catalytic gasification), Miasole (solar cells), Ausra (utility scale solar panels), GEM (battery operated cars), Smart (electric cars), and AltaRock Energy (geothermal power).

As such, like an investment advisor or stock broker giving a seminar to prospects and clients, Al Gore was actively recommending people put money in companies he already has a financial stake in.

And, as he tours the world demanding nations stop burning fossil fuels, he will financially benefit if they follow his advice and move to technologies that he has already invested in.

Ausra, this must be a great Solar Company, Al Gore and Bill Clinton passed laws and authorized and financed the studies promoting the global warming fraud, as well as gave grants, tax subsidies, and free research to these Solar Companies.

And now we find out its because Al Gore is invested in Green Technology, I thought Dick Cheney used his position to advance Halliburton, it seems when Democrats accuse Republicans, its only because they are guilty of the crime themselves.

For years, NewsBusters has reported on Al Gore's financial interests in advancing global warming hysteria around the world.

On March 1, while speaking at the TED Conference in Monterey, California, the Nobel Laureate admitted to having "a stake" in a number of green "investments" that he recommended attendees put money in rather than "sub-prime carbon assets" like "tar sands" and "shale oil."

This occurred as pictures of such products appeared on the screen with names of the companies involved (video available here, relevant section begins at minute 15:00, h/t NBer Sick-and-Tired):

Story Continues Below Ad ↓ There are a lot of great investments you can make. If you are investing in tar sands, or shale oil, then you have a portfolio that is crammed with sub-prime carbon assets. And it is based on an old model. Junkies find veins in their toes when the ones in their arms and their legs collapse. Developing tar sands and coal shale is the equivalent. Here are just a few of the investments I personally think make sense. I have a stake in these so I’ll have a disclaimer there. But geo-thermal concentrating solar, advanced photovoltaics, efficiency, and conservation.

As Gore spoke these words, pictures of electric cars, windmills and solar panels appeared in multiple slides on the screen with company names at the bottom such as Amyris (biofuels), Altra (biofuels), Bloom Energy (solid oxide fuel cells), Mascoma (cellulosic biofuels), GreatPoint Energy (catalytic gasification), Miasole (solar cells), Ausra (utility scale solar panels), GEM (battery operated cars), Smart (electric cars), and AltaRock Energy (geothermal power).

As such, like an investment advisor or stock broker giving a seminar to prospects and clients, Al Gore was actively recommending people put money in companies he already has a financial stake in.

And, as he tours the world demanding nations stop burning fossil fuels, he will financially benefit if they follow his advice and move to technologies that he has already invested in.

* What makes Ausra a fraud?

* Why is it bad for Gore to recommend technology that he believes in so much that he has risked his own money to invest in?

* Why is it bad for Gore to recommend technology that he believes in so much that he has risked his own money to invest in?

Have you followed my posts on Ausra in response to what you have been posting, you posted the 92 square miles to power the country with Ausra's solar, while your article is over three years old, since then the people who ran the company failed to prove the concept works and thus just about went bankrupt until Areva of France bought the company, in which according to European law and the Carbon Credits trading scheme, think Derivatives, Areva needed a Solar company for Carbon Credits, funny, so they buy a failed US Company. Of course now Obama is dumping trillions of dollars into every bank in the world that lends to Solar Companies, Obama is giving grants to everyone from universities to backyard activitist who research or promote Solar. Obama is giving trillions to banks overseas that have lost hundreds of billions of dollars on Solar.

Why is bad for Al Gore as Vice President to give billions to promote global warming, why is it bad for Al Gore as Vice President to change the rules and regulations in government to make it artificially expensive to produce electricity from Coal, Natural Gas, or Nuclear so that Solar does not seem so expensive. why is it wrong for the Vice President of the United States of America to foster hysteria over global warming and build the industry that will profit from his own actions.

Honestly, you do not see a conflict of interest.

You should read the EPRI studies funded by the Clinton/Gore administration, a great start to understanding the fraud.

Have you followed my posts on Ausra in response to what you have been posting, you posted the 92 square miles to power the country with Ausra's solar, while your article is over three years old, since then the people who ran the company failed to prove the concept works and thus just about went bankrupt until Areva of France bought the company, in which according to European law and the Carbon Credits trading scheme, think Derivatives, Areva needed a Solar company for Carbon Credits, funny, so they buy a failed US Company. Of course now Obama is dumping trillions of dollars into every bank in the world that lends to Solar Companies, Obama is giving grants to everyone from universities to backyard activitist who research or promote Solar. Obama is giving trillions to banks overseas that have lost hundreds of billions of dollars on Solar.

Why is bad for Al Gore as Vice President to give billions to promote global warming, why is it bad for Al Gore as Vice President to change the rules and regulations in government to make it artificially expensive to produce electricity from Coal, Natural Gas, or Nuclear so that Solar does not seem so expensive. why is it wrong for the Vice President of the United States of America to foster hysteria over global warming and build the industry that will profit from his own actions.

You should read the EPRI studies funded by the Clinton/Gore administration, a great start to understanding the fraud.
Al Gore hasn't been VP since Jan., 2001.

Vice-Presidents do not have the power to give any money to anybody.

I will look into Ausra when I have time. I do not believe the technology does not work, as you claim. Vinod Khosla doesn't invest $25 million in companies he hasn't vetted.

I will look into Ausra when I have time. I do not believe the technology does not work, as you claim. Vinod Khosla doesn't invest $25 million in companies he hasn't vetted.

Ausra, you will look in to it, I made three posts with links and quotes concerning Altura. Just quit covering the same topic in two different threads, you have another thread on Altura, I posted everything there.

Let me summarize for you, Altura since your article can not get any loans hence they have no business. What business they did have the sold to First Solar, First Solar since went bankrupt (I need to follow up to be more accurate). Clear of bad assets by selling the asset to now Bankrupt First Solar, laws and regulations in the European Union have proved favorable for Altura. Seems they passed a bunch laws, rules, and regulations and now thus have Carbon Trading to offset pollution, not that that is possible. So Areva of France, a huge corporation bought Altura. As far as I know, Altura never produced electricity in the USA. The 92 square miles of Solar to power the entire USA, four years later and Altura is definately not the same company or person that made that claim. Is it fraud, of course it is, trying to get financing, maybe go public and sell stocks, so yes, making false claims is fraud. If the claim was true, at the very least, California would of financed the project.

It is fraud, a lie, call it what you want. Read your other thread. I have some stuff posted there and more if you care to attempt to claim there is truth to a claim made four years ago by a company that does not exist today.

So far we have a Solar project that was just all talk and eight other solar projects being powered by natural gas, if that is not Clean and Green fraud, there is no such thing as fraud.

Al Gore has not been in office since 2001, so what, I made the point that while in office Al Gore passed laws, rules, regulations, authorized funds, studies, in which Al Gore is now directly profiting from.

Vice-Presidents do not have the power to give money to anybody, I wonder if you ever stated Dick Cheney gave a no bid contract to Halliburton. I could check your posts but I think it only save our last five hundred posts. Anyhow, you know if you did or not, just a thought, not a accusation.

Do you know that the Vice President votes in the Senate. That is one way money is spent. You also know that the Vice President has influence in Government as well. Correct. Would you like a list of what Al Gore states he did, it can be found on Al Gore's website.

If you think Al Gore did nothing while in office or that is was so long ago its irrelevant than you are a bit naive or maybe you just do not know.

Al Gore has not been in office since 2001, so what, I made the point that while in office Al Gore passed laws, rules, regulations, authorized funds, studies, in which Al Gore is now directly profiting from.

Vice-Presidents do not have the power to give money to anybody, I wonder if you ever stated Dick Cheney gave a no bid contract to Halliburton. I could check your posts but I think it only save our last five hundred posts. Anyhow, you know if you did or not, just a thought, not a accusation.

Do you know that the Vice President votes in the Senate. That is one way money is spent. You also know that the Vice President has influence in Government as well. Correct. Would you like a list of what Al Gore states he did, it can be found on Al Gore's website.

If you think Al Gore did nothing while in office or that is was so long ago its irrelevant than you are a bit naive or maybe you just do not know.

dumb ass. The Vice-President votes in the Senate only in the case of a tie.

Vice President of the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Under the Constitution, the Vice President is President of the United States Senate.[4] In that capacity, he is only allowed to vote in the Senate when necessary to break a tied vote. While the Senate has added supermajority rules that have diminished this Constitutional power, in important circumstances the Vice President retains the ability to affect legislation (e.g. the Deficit Reduction Act of 2005).[4][5][6] Pursuant to the Twelfth Amendment, the Vice President presides over the joint session of Congress when it convenes to count the vote of the Electoral College.[2]

To the right wing, the only "reliable" source of power are "campfires".

dumb ass. The Vice-President votes in the Senate only in the case of a tie.

Vice President of the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Under the Constitution, the Vice President is President of the United States Senate.[4] In that capacity, he is only allowed to vote in the Senate when necessary to break a tied vote. While the Senate has added supermajority rules that have diminished this Constitutional power, in important circumstances the Vice President retains the ability to affect legislation (e.g. the Deficit Reduction Act of 2005).[4][5][6] Pursuant to the Twelfth Amendment, the Vice President presides over the joint session of Congress when it convenes to count the vote of the Electoral College.[2]

Is that the best you got Hypocrite, Yes or No, does the Vice President ever vote as a member of the Senate. The answer is yes, the Vice President does vote, as a member of the Senate. If you wish to post the details go right ahead, if you wish could you please include the vote to make ETHANOL, Al Gore as Vice President made the vote in favor of turning food into fuel which is the exact reason so many people across the world are starving.

Imagine Old Crock, as you stated, food production is down across the entire World, according to Old Crock, and on top of that, 50% of the USA's corn crop was always sold as food to the World, now, because of Al Gore's deciding vote as Vice President in the Senate, Corn is now mandated by Al Gore to be turned into Ethanol, not food.

So Al Gore as Vice President did vote in the Senate, Dumb Ass Hypocrite, why does a hypocrite ignore his own posts, simple, Old Crock is also a Liar on top of being a Hypocrite.

all that glitters, is not gold.

* JANUARY 18, 2011

Solar Power Eclipse
A case study in the failure of green energy subsidies.

Not long ago, Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick was calling Evergreen Solar a "symbol" of his state's economic future. Symbolism would appear to be overrated.

Evergreen announced last week that it is shutting its Massachusetts plant and will lay off 800 workers. That's the same plant Mr. Patrick had state taxpayers fund in 2007 to the tune of $58 million in grants, loans and land and tax incentives—one of the largest investments in a private company in Bay State history. Remind us not to let the Governor pick our stock portfolio.

The solar company started in 1994 and advertises a "string ribbon" technology that reduces the amount of silicon used in solar panels. Evergreen rode the green energy political bubble through a 2000 IPO, and through news in 2007 that it would build, with state aid, a flagship plant in Devens, Massachusetts.

A look at the company's finances shows it has lost a cumulative $685 million. The majority of this red ink was on the books prior to Mr. Patrick promising state aid. The company has produced little good news since, including warnings from Nasdaq that it could be delisted, an unproductive debt restructuring, and a string of money-losing quarters. None of this fazed Mr. Patrick, who touted Evergreen as a cornerstone of his strategy to turn Massachusetts into a hub of green energy innovation.

snip-

But Evergreen has also been subsidized in the multiple ways that federal and state governments favor solar power. Maybe the problem is Evergreen's business model, or perhaps its decision to locate a plant in a high-cost, union-labor state. Evergreen has long been aware of China's solar manufacturing advantage, waiting until it received the $58 million from Massachusetts to announce it would outsource jobs to a plant it continues to operate in China.

Bay State taxpayers are now stuck with the losses. Mr. Patrick says he intends to claw back some of that $58 million, but Evergreen says it doesn't owe more than $4 million. Taxpayers will also be thrilled to know the state is so worried about getting a new tenant for the manufacturing site that it may let Evergreen keep its sweetheart $1-a-year lease—allowing the company to sublet it at a profit.

more at-

Review & Outlook: Solar Power Eclipse - WSJ.com

Ausra, you will look in to it, I made three posts with links and quotes concerning Altura. Just quit covering the same topic in two different threads, you have another thread on Altura, I posted everything there.

Let me summarize for you, Altura since your article can not get any loans hence they have no business. What business they did have the sold to First Solar, First Solar since went bankrupt (I need to follow up to be more accurate). Clear of bad assets by selling the asset to now Bankrupt First Solar, laws and regulations in the European Union have proved favorable for Altura. Seems they passed a bunch laws, rules, and regulations and now thus have Carbon Trading to offset pollution, not that that is possible. So Areva of France, a huge corporation bought Altura. As far as I know, Altura never produced electricity in the USA. The 92 square miles of Solar to power the entire USA, four years later and Altura is definately not the same company or person that made that claim. Is it fraud, of course it is, trying to get financing, maybe go public and sell stocks, so yes, making false claims is fraud. If the claim was true, at the very least, California would of financed the project.

It is fraud, a lie, call it what you want. Read your other thread. I have some stuff posted there and more if you care to attempt to claim there is truth to a claim made four years ago by a company that does not exist today.

So far we have a Solar project that was just all talk and eight other solar projects being powered by natural gas, if that is not Clean and Green fraud, there is no such thing as fraud.

OK, who the hell is Altura? This is the first post that you've mentioned them.

You're a hard guy to follow. :lol:

More from Gore.

Funny, I thought Democrats were the ones protecting us, now its proven they are liars and hypocrites and the only argument we get is that the Vice President is powerless, yet the Vice President does vote in the Senate. The Vice President can give nobody funds, yet we here that Cheney gave contracts to Halliburton, yet Vice Presidents do not have the power.

I guess that is just because everyone knows Republicans are bad and Democrats are saints.

Al Gore's green investments prompt conflict of interest row | World news | The Guardian

The accusation that Gore is trapped in a conflict of interest has been raised periodically over the past few years. It is a barb popular among climate change sceptics and rightwing bloggers, as well as Republican politicians. Marsha Blackburn, a congressional representative from Gore's home state of Tennessee, tackled him over the issue in April during a subcommittee debate in Congress on the Obama administration's proposed cap-in-trade system for curbing emissions.

She referred to Gore's partnership of Kleiner Perkins Caufield and Byers, a Californian venture capital firm that has put about $1bn into about 40 companies that will be bidding for contracts under the new system. "Is the legislation we are discussing here today something you are going to benefit personally from?" she asked.

Gore, audibly riled, replied that every penny he made from his investments was put back into his non-profit foundation to spread knowledge about the climate challenge. "If you believe that the reason I have been working on this issue for 30 years is because of greed, you don't know me," he said, adding: "Do you think there's something wrong with being active in business in this country? I am proud of it."

One of Gore's partners at Kleiner Perkins Caufield and Byers is John Doerr, who advises Barack Obama on dealing with the economic downturn.

Gore is also a founder of Generation Investment Management, based in London, which has substantial interests in green technology

Forum List

Back