Thar's Gold In Them Thar Tanks!

Stasha_Sz

Gold Member
Jun 13, 2016
Katy Prairie
A British tank collector got a surprise bonus while stripping his recently traded for, ex-Iraqi army Type 69 MBT.
Inside one of the fuel tanks was not a residue of gummy diesel, but rather, 5 gold bars weighing 12lbs each.

Nick Mead, owner of Tanks Alot, and his mechanic Todd Chamberlain, filmed the incident as they had already found machine gun ammunition in the tank. Mead turned over the probably Kuwaiti gold to authorities and received a voucher for it.

Mead traded an Abbot self-propelled gun and a British army truck through Ebay in exchange for the tank.

The Type 69 is a Chinese copy of the widely used Russian T-55.

Man Discovers $2.4 Million in Gold in Ex-Army Tank

I would have melted the gold down with my fishing lure gear and sold it on the black market.

Gold fever is definitely one of my weaknesses and vices.

Damn, who would trade an FV433 Abbot for a shitty old tank? I would even take the FV430 chassis by itself, without the 155mm cannon.

Damn, who would trade an FV433 Abbot for a shitty old tank? I would even take the FV430 chassis by itself, without the 155mm cannon.
I know, really! The only thing I can figure that since he is in the UK, the Abbot was too familiar for his clients. Figured he would get a better draw with that Chicom iron. (with combat provenance)

Forum List

Back