Thank You, Space! How NASA Tech Makes Life Better on Earth

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by Matthew, May 8, 2012.

1. Matthew

Matthew Blue dog all the way!

Mar 16, 2010
    Thanks Received:
    Portland Oregon
    Thank You, Space! How NASA Tech Makes Life Better on Earth
    For all the people that seem to think there's NOTHING in space...Let me tell you that one Asteroid can have many trillions of dollars in useful mentals and some of the moons of the outter planets have lots of fresh water. I don't think we have to worry about fresh water or resources with space! As long as we invest in space that is.

I'd support a ten percent transfer of our military budget to the development of these resources....I'd bet we get more for each dollar!

Europa-likely alone has a huge ocean of it.

New Evidence for Liquid Water on Europa Nov. 16, 2011: In a potentially significant finding in the search for life beyond Earth, scientists studying data from NASA's Galileo probe have discovered what appears to be a body of liquid water the volume of the North American Great Lakes locked inside the icy shell of Jupiter’s moon Europa.

The water could represent a potential habitat for life, and many more such lakes might exist throughout the shallow regions of Europa’s shell, say researchers writing in the journal Nature.

"The data opens up some compelling possibilities," said Mary Voytek, director of NASA's Astrobiology Program at agency headquarters in Washington. "However, scientists worldwide will want to take a close look at this analysis and review the data before we can fully appreciate the implication of these results."

Meteorite value

At the high end of the pricing scale are pieces of the planet Mars, and our own moon. Meteorites land on other astral bodies, just as they land on earth. Sometimes these impacts will throw fragments into space, and some of those pieces may eventually collide with our own planet, resulting in meteorites from the moon and Mars. These extremely rare specimens are of great value to both academia and collectors, and may sell for as much as $1,000/gram"
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: May 8, 2012