Thank you for my $1000.00 fed. refund even though I didn't pay any Fed taxes in 2009.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by oreo, Apr 2, 2010.

1. oreo

oreo Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,167
    My husband and I have been a small business electrical contractor for over 30+ years. And we "normally" end up owing the Federal Government on April 15, thousand of dollars-- which we pay each and every year.

This is the first time EVER-- and I almost fell out of my chair-- when my CPA told me that the Federal government would be mailing us a check for approx. $1000.00 even though we didn't pay a cent in federal income tax this year!

So all I can say is--very regretfully-- is THANK YOU--and I truly hope that this $1000.00 does end up on my grandson's or grandaughters credit card bill--that this government is more than likely borrowing to pay us in something called -- "earned income credit". Because we did earn a little only less than 1/2 of what we normally do.

I imagine since the construction industry is currently at 30% unemployment in this country--there are probably millions more like us.

SO A MEGA THANK YOU GOES OUT TO ALL OF YOU STILL WORKING--TAX-PAYING CITIZENS.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2010
  2. Yurt

Yurt Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,038
    so obama did have tax cuts?