Thank you Donald Trump

Wry Catcher

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
California finally benefits from your trade war:

"American lovers of Scotch whisky, French wine and Italian cheese might have to dig deeper into their pockets after the Trump administration slapped tariffs on $7.5 billion of European consumer products."

As the price of French wine goes up to American citizens, the price of California's wine will not rise, and the industry will benefit. CA also produces fine cheeses, especially in Northern California.

Believe it or not, CA has produced Whiskey and it process is growing:

The Emerging California-Style Whiskey

I am not drinking California whiskey it's made from California rice..

Yuck.

• Banned

Yuck.

LIAR ^^^

Griffo Distillery Stony Point Whiskey
Griffo Distillery, Petaluma
This is a California-made Bourbon from start to finish. It starts with a mash of corn and rye, fermented in open vats to encourage local yeast to flourish for “for [a] rich character of local terroir,” according to the producer. It’s distinctly nutty, with soft hints of vanilla, coffee and pecan, before a finish that features baking spice and mouthwatering lemon zest. abv: 47%

From my link in the OP

Liberals seem to love French wines, even though they're no better than any of those produced by wineries here in the US. I would imagine that they just like it because it's "French" and has some exotic name they can't properly pronounce.

I've been to more than several liberal wine-tasting events:. They look like little furry rats nibbling on their fancy cheeses and sipping their fancy French wines, in some old "historical" building that should have been torn down decades ago.

oyiNmPB4SkfPudcQbsdFXo-320-80.jpg

• Banned
Liberals seem to love French wines, even though they're no better than any of those produced by wineries here in the US. I would imagine that they just like it because it's "French" and has some exotic name they can't properly pronounce.

I've been to more than several liberal wine-tasting events:. They look like little furry rats nibbling on their fancy cheeses and sipping their fancy French wines, in some old "historical" building that should have been torn down decades ago.

Conservatives, by your reasoning, must not like wine or cheese, they prefer Vodka and Beluga Caviar from the Caspian Sea.

I'm a liberal, and I prefer German Wines, esp. Riesling and Gewurztraminer, and Irish whiskey esp. in winter in an Irish Coffee.

Yuck.

LIAR ^^^

Griffo Distillery Stony Point Whiskey
Griffo Distillery, Petaluma
This is a California-made Bourbon from start to finish. It starts with a mash of corn and rye, fermented in open vats to encourage local yeast to flourish for “for [a] rich character of local terroir,” according to the producer. It’s distinctly nutty, with soft hints of vanilla, coffee and pecan, before a finish that features baking spice and mouthwatering lemon zest. abv: 47%

From my link in the OP
Alky

Conservatives, by your reasoning, must not like wine or cheese, they prefer Vodka and Beluga Caviar from the Caspian Sea.

I'm a liberal, and I prefer German Wines, esp. Riesling and Gewurztraminer, and Irish whiskey esp. in winter in an Irish Coffee.

What about Red Mountain wine? I like your choices!!!

"American lovers of Scotch whisky, French wine and Italian cheese might have to dig deeper into their pockets after the Trump administration slapped tariffs on $7.5 billion of European consumer products."

As the price of French wine goes up to American citizens, the price of California's wine will not rise, and the industry will benefit. CA also produces fine cheeses, especially in Northern California.

Didn't China put tariffs on California wine?

They did. 15%

The latest casualty of Trump's trade war with China? California wine

Wine and cheese are purely 'liberal' things now? Hmm. Is being an uncultured dip shit now a 'conservative' trait?

Well why doesn’t the EU drop tariffs on our goods? Should they just be allowed to win the “trade war” without a fight?

The wineries here in my state will benefit from that too.

However the damage done to our foreign relations will take a long time to recover from all this.

The next president has a very big job to apologize to our allies for all the damage this president has done in such a short time.

France is one of our first allies. They have been since the revolutionary war.

I don't know, but it's likely. China won't be bullied, Trump's has his head up his ass if he thinks they will bend to his ego.

They did. 15%

Figures, Trump started the trade war, China isn't about to back down to a bully.

I thought you liked taxing (as you call it}) the rich. So what's the problem?

They did. 15%

Figures, Trump started the trade war, China isn't about to back down to a bully.

Nice to see someone root for China for a change. All these Trumpbots are giving me a headache. The Yuans are in the mail.

Well why doesn’t the EU drop tariffs on our goods? Should they just be allowed to win the “trade war” without a fight?

It is complicated, see:

Is the EU running out of patience with China’s trade war obsession?

It is complicated, see:

Is the EU running out of patience with China’s trade war obsession?

Good deal! The EU can't collapse fast enough for me.

Forum List

Back