Texas , you shame us, but someone has to be in the lead!!

Texas has highest pregnancy-related death rate in developed world, study says

Lawmakers in Texas largely failed to take any significant action to address the state's skyrocketing rate of pregnancy-related deaths just months after researchers found it to be the highest in not only the U.S., but the developed world.

Legislators introduced proposals to address the issue after a University of Maryland-led study found that the state's maternal mortality rate doubled between 2010 and 2012. But several key measures didn't even make it to a vote, falling victim to Republican infighting over other issues.

This is due to not expanding Medicaid and cuts in their PP. Aren't you so proud to be a Texan. I remember their Church shooting not long ago, hard to feel sorry for those Christians who vote for Republicans that take healthcare away from those in need. Disgusting.

Thats what happens when illegals invade.

Its like they commit murder and abortions, they actually are killing pregnant women and their fetuses. Its unbelievable.

You voters are involved in this. Due to lack of healthcare.
There is no lack of heath care in Texas. Anyone can see a doctor if insured or not. You are a liar.

Before Obamacare, I couldn't.

So you had no insurance before barry care?
That certainly sheds some light on your life choices.

Its like they commit murder and abortions, they actually are killing pregnant women and their fetuses. Its unbelievable.

There is no lack of heath care in Texas. Anyone can see a doctor if insured or not. You are a liar.

Lots of people could not afford health ins before the ACA and even someone working full time for min wage didn't qualify for the ACA. Millions.

Lots of Mexicans in Texas

091016-MaternalMortalityRates.jpg

If you import the Third World, you are choosing to import Third World Problems.

The whole US is the highest in developed countries. I am sure its highest in Red that that have not expanded Medicaid.
The reason our mortaility rate per births is higher is because we count all births even those that have no chance of living due to defects or disease, premature births count as well including the ones of premes to young to survive. Meanwhile other places do not count a birth until 30 days afterwards to account for those deaths.

The whole US is the highest in developed countries. I am sure its highest in Red that that have not expanded Medicaid.
The reason our mortaility rate per births is higher is because we count all births even those that have no chance of living due to defects or disease, premature births count as well including the ones of premes to young to survive. Meanwhile other places do not count a birth until 30 days afterwards to account for those deaths.

Why do you think the female maternal mortality rate is so high, no pre and post pregnancy health ins. What is the main cause of preemies and birth defects, no health care for men and women before pregnancy. I can only imagine how many spontaneous abortions happen that are not counted. Maternal mortality is not a simple matter. Healthy adults have health children.

Give me a link to tell us about what other states count and don't count or other countries?

Lots of people could not afford health ins before the ACA and even someone working full time for min wage didn't qualify for the ACA. Millions.

Hmmm..I've lived in Texas for 47 years and I've never met someone without insurance that just didnt want it.

As far as qualifying goes?
With the introduction of barry care a lot of small business owners stopped offering health care which of course left the employees with no other choice than the ridiculous cost of barry care.

Why do you think the female maternal mortality rate is so high, no pre and post pregnancy health ins. What is the main cause of preemies and birth defects, no health care for men and women before pregnancy. I can only imagine how many spontaneous abortions happen that are not counted. Maternal mortality is not a simple matter. Healthy adults have health children.

Give me a link to tell us about what other states count and don't count or other countries?

What do you wanna bet illegals are the cause of the high numbers?
It's kinda tough getting insurance when you're not here legally.

Hmmm..I've lived in Texas for 47 years and I've never met someone without insurance that just didnt want it.

With the introduction of barry care a lot of small business owners stopped offering health care which of course left the employees with no other choice than the ridiculous cost of barry care.

Oh what a lame excuse. So they covered people before with health ins, I doubt it. No I do not believe it for one minute. They quit offering health ins. What a croc. of BS.

Lawmakers in Texas largely failed to take any significant action to address the state's skyrocketing rate of pregnancy-related deaths just months after researchers found it to be the highest in not only the U.S., but the developed world.

Legislators introduced proposals to address the issue after a University of Maryland-led study found that the state's maternal mortality rate doubled between 2010 and 2012. But several key measures didn't even make it to a vote, falling victim to Republican infighting over other issues.

This is due to not expanding Medicaid and cuts in their PP. Aren't you so proud to be a Texan. I remember their Church shooting not long ago, hard to feel sorry for those Christians who vote for Republicans that take healthcare away from those in need. Disgusting.

This OP from someone who defends abortion, which has a 100% death rate. In defending that savage practice, you forfeit any credibility in shedding crocodile tears over any other cause of death which is dwarfed by the holocaust of abortion.
Thanks for giving us your excuse why you don't have to care about people dying

How many women's charities and organizations have you donated your time and/or money to, Penelope?

Everything the republican party does is to hurt, kill and to shame us as a nation.

These bastards really love the idea of us becoming a third world toilet.

And yet yours is the side that pushes destructive, immoral, insane policies that have that exact effect and obvious intent.
^ this guy's the problem. This is the typical republican, proclaiming that helping women get access to healthcare is a sin.

Oh what a lame excuse. So they covered people before with health ins, I doubt it. No I do not believe it for one minute. They quit offering health ins. What a croc. of BS.

Yes they actually did,why pay for employee insurance when they could pass on the expense?

This of course only happened in low wage type jobs where the employee has no skills and can easily be replaced.

Oh well....Texas.

This OP from someone who defends abortion, which has a 100% death rate. In defending that savage practice, you forfeit any credibility in shedding crocodile tears over any other cause of death which is dwarfed by the holocaust of abortion.
Thanks for giving us your excuse why you don't have to care about people dying

They always say death and taxes are inevitable.
Getting sick is right up there with those two examples.

So knowing full well you're going to need medical care and doing nothing to prepare for it is mind boggling stupid.

Sure you couldn't

You never heard of pre-existing conditions? I had great insurance while I was working, and I figured I would just buy my own policy when I quit working, at least until I was old enough for Medicare. When the time came, nobody would sell me insurance at any price. I had more than one vehicle, and too much money in the bank to qualify for government programs (a few hundred was the maximum allowable). I could go to the emergency room if I were to have another heart attack, but forget about needed regular monitoring of things like a pacemaker, or regular visits to a doctor. Pay for it out of your pocket or do without. You bet I did a happy dance when Obama gave us affordable insurance.

Yes they actually did,why pay for employee insurance when they could pass on the expense?

This of course only happened in low wage type jobs where the employee has no skills and can easily be replaced.

You fell hook line and sinker for Pub propaganda fake news.

Sure you couldn't

You never heard of pre-existing conditions? I had great insurance while I was working, and I figured I would just buy my own policy when I quit working, at least until I was old enough for Medicare. When the time came, nobody would sell me insurance at any price. I had more than one vehicle, and too much money in the bank to qualify for government programs (a few hundred was the maximum allowable). I could go to the emergency room if I were to have another heart attack, but forget about needed regular monitoring of things like a pacemaker, or regular visits to a doctor. Pay for it out of your pocket or do without. You bet I did a happy dance when Obama gave us affordable insurance.

No republicans do not have pre-existing conditions, they are in perfect health so no need for insurance.

Forum List

Back