Texas solar lead

Mean while we are taking up large areas of land fills with used wind generator blades since they can't be recycled and need to be replaced often. While we destroy parts of the environment mining lithium for battery banks. We still are using oil for plastis need to create all the other parts of wind and solar.
So basically we are destroying parts of our environment in a rush to help another part. Yeah us.

Perhaps if we just replanted all those acres of rainforest we killed off we would not be in such a rush to kill off other parts of the planet.

Texas is now installing more solar generation than gas. And doing it with storage.

Solar, wind and batteries expected to outpace new gas-powered generation in Texas
I found a device invented to help people have power in bad weather:

And another:

I'm a mechanical moron, but I saw a video this morning of a guy who says his family was victimized by weather and the local power plant one time, and he decided to find a way to keep his family in power if they were ever threatened again on the coldest days of the year when the power went down for over a week. He was a teacher or something, but not in science, so he and an engineering friend went through his deceased uncle's genius work notes on how to make power from next to nothing that will not present a danger to family children and pets. I couldn't afford to pay for his system of books and cannot remember much about him but the story he told about being stranded in suburbia in Mississippi, threatened by high waters and severe winter weather when the power went out, and his daughter's words about being cold and just wishing for a bowl of hot soup, drove him to tears and a determination to fix the powerless situation his family was in.

If this can help any of you save the 60% off power bills to help you raise your family, maybe my search will help you. I shake with a screwdriver in hand, and some things I just won't do. Best of good luck to yas. :thup:

Last edited:
Mean while we are taking up large areas of land fills with used wind generator blades since they can't be recycled and need to be replaced often. While we destroy parts of the environment mining lithium for battery banks. We still are using oil for plastis need to create all the other parts of wind and solar.
So basically we are destroying parts of our environment in a rush to help another part. Yeah us.

Perhaps if we just replanted all those acres of rainforest we killed off we would not be in such a rush to kill off other parts of the planet.
The blades are the only part of the turbine and tower that cannot be easily recycled or repurposed, and they are only 15% of the structure.

85% recyclable seems pretty good to me.

We found:

• Solar panels create 300 times more toxic waste per unit of energy than do nuclear power plants.

• If solar and nuclear produce the same amount of electricity over the next 25 years that nuclear produced in 2016, and the wastes are stacked on football fields, the nuclear waste would reach the height of the Leaning Tower of Pisa (52 meters), while the solar waste would reach the height of two Mt. Everests (16 km).

• In countries like China, India, and Ghana, communities living near e-waste dumps often burn the waste in order to salvage the valuable copper wires for resale. Since this process requires burning off the plastic, the resulting smoke contains toxic fumes that are carcinogenic and teratogenic (birth defect-causing) when inhaled.
Are we headed for a solar waste crisis? — Environmental Progress

Texas is now installing more solar generation than gas. And doing it with storage.

Solar, wind and batteries expected to outpace new gas-powered generation in Texas

And another:

I'm a mechanical moron, but I saw a video this morning of a guy who says his family was victimized by weather and the local power plant one time, and he decided to find a way to keep his family in power if they were ever threatened again on the coldest days of the year when the power went down for over a week. He was a teacher or something, but not in science, so he and an engineering friend went through his deceased uncle's genius work notes on how to make power from next to nothing that will not present a danger to family children and pets. I couldn't afford to pay for his system of books and cannot remember much about him but the story he told about being stranded in suburbia in Mississippi, threatened by high waters and severe winter weather when the power went out, and his daughter's words about being cold and just wishing for a bowl of hot soup, drove him to tears and a determination to fix the powerless situation his family was in.

If this can help any of you save the 60% off power bills to help you raise your family, maybe my search will help you. I shake with a screwdriver in hand, and some things I just won't do. Best of good luck to yas. :thup:

The first one violates the laws of thermodynamics. It's complete and utter bullshit for morons.

The second is just a DIY wind turbine. And you conservative types hate wind turbines. They obstruct the view from tRump's golf course and I hear they cause cancer.

And birds fly into windmills.
Thank you for defending the birds, Tommy. I've seen enough windmill farms up north to know they're not only a graveyard for raptors, they're a flat-out eyesore on a formerly beautiful piece of God's wonderful earth, a gift to mankind and animals as well. As freedombecki, I started this a few years back, but it's hard to keep people there because most bird lovers are not committed conservatives, but benefit us in other ways. Wild Side Ornithology Club

Last edited:

And another:

The first one violates the laws of thermodynamics. It's complete and utter bullshit for morons.

The second is just a DIY wind turbine. And you conservative types hate wind turbines. They obstruct the view from tRump's golf course and I hear they cause cancer.

Yes, dear. There's a cuppa warm nerve-settling tea at our politics-neutral USMB Coffee ShopIV. There's a catch-22, however. You will be chased outta there by liberals and conservatives if you introduce political animus there against anybody at USMB. Even so, I can tell by your animus your nerves need a little calming down, and it's kind of fun to get to know your fellow posters, whoever they may be and stop by to get acquainted. And Ms. Foxfyre rules. :thup:

And another:

Yes, dear. There's a cuppa warm nerve-settling tea at our politics-neutral USMB Coffee ShopIV. There's a catch-22, however. You will be chased outta there by liberals and conservatives if you introduce political animus there against anybody at USMB. Even so, I can tell by your animus your nerves need a little calming down, and it's kind of fun to get to know your fellow posters, whoever they may be and stop by to get acquainted. And Ms. Foxfyre rules. :thup:

Now, can you tell me where I was wrong?

And another:

No, but I can tell you this, you're reassigned to my ignore list until you can act nice. It's only for 3 days, so have fun. :)

And another:

No, but I can tell you this, you're reassigned to my ignore list until you can act nice. It's only for 3 days, so have fun. :)

Ignore is for snowflakes.

Have fun in you're echo chamber,.snowflake.

LOL Not only are you a fool, you are an ass that ignores the obvious. I am sure you think this is the definition of beauty.

mountaintopmining-102944383.jpg

And photovoltaic solar has almost no environmental effects. In fact, in some installations, they raise the panels up and graze livestock underneath. Mall or large store parking lots could also serve as solar farms.

Forum List

Back