TESLA S "Insane", vs McLaren Spyder

If you don't like my source, go find your own.

And, actually, my source says that is a breakdown of "energy generated", not installed capacity. Do you realize how often you post bad info? You rarely seem to feel the need to determine the facts before you post what you guess to be true.

Last edited:
Here is a rather educational guest post that shows renewables are falling short.....

European Renewable Energy performance for 2014 falls far short of claims
Guest Blogger / 2 days ago July 31, 2015

Guest essay by Ed Hoskins

Summary: By 2014 European Union countries had invested approximately €1 trillion, €1000,000,000,000, in large scale Renewable Energy installations.

This has provided a nameplate electrical generating capacity of about 216 Gigawatts, nominally about ~22% of the total European generation needs of about 1000 Gigawatts.

The actual measured output by 2014 from data supplied by the Renewables Industry has been 38 Gigawatts or 3.8% of Europe’s electricity requirement, at a capacity factor of ~18% overall.

European Renewable Energy performance for 2014 falls far short of claims Watts Up With That

Lost your point so you just drop it and move on. Got it. The US grid gets 32% of its GENERATED power from non-carbon sources.

Lost your point so you just drop it and move on. Got it. The US grid gets 32% of its GENERATED power from non-carbon sources.

Prove it.

Here we have an American product, produced by American workers here in America, that is unique in the world. The leading edge of technology, better than anything anybody else produces. And all Westwall and the other 'hate America Conservatives' want to do is destroy it because it does not use fossil fuels.

The Tesla compares favorably with luxury sports sedans costing 5 times as much. It is upgradable the same as your desktop is. And the battery can be removed, and a better one put in its place in less than 5 minutes. Already Samsung is demonstrating a lithium battery that has nearly twice the storage capacity as the present batteries. That would put the Teslas range at over 500 miles per charge.

No, the Tesla is not a MaClaren. It is a luxury sedan that can seat five people in comfort, and beat the socks off of most muscle cars fully loaded. And do so in comfort, and comfortably drive around the supermarket parking lot. Try that in a cammed up muscle car. And when your fancy muscle car, whether a MaClaren or Hellcat is in for an engine replacement, that Tesla will still be running as good as the day you bought it. And it is an American product, built right here.

"Solar is growing fast but is still tiny"

11 maps that explain energy in America - Vox

The same meatheads talk about electric vehicle sales "growing fast"...............but they're not really growing fast. They are growing fast compared to a few years ago, which was virtually zero.

ANybody who's not a zombie realizes that progressives are fond of using these vague phrases like "gowing fast" or "quickly deminishing"..........but are never interested in putting into any kind of context that measures comparisons. Whenever you debate a lefty and hit them with the question, "As compared to what?", their entire shit gets blown to shit.:2up::boobies::boobies:

Growing fast. From a tiny start. OK, take a chess board. put a penny on the first square. Two pennies on the second square, four pennies on the third square. How many squares do you think that your bank account is going to last?

Growing fast. From a tiny start. OK, take a chess board. put a penny on the first square. Two pennies on the second square, four pennies on the third square. How many squares do you think that your bank account is going to last?

The real world isn't a chess board.

In the real world, the kind of growth we are seeing in the renewable energy means that in my lifetime I will see renewables as the primary source of electrical energy, barring a breakthrough in fusion.

In the real world, the kind of growth we are seeing in the renewable energy means that in my lifetime I will see renewables as the primary source of electrical energy, barring a breakthrough in fusion.
And like Europe you will pay an arm and a leg for it..........................Until you can cut current costs versus benefits in half then you don't have the huge market required to get it done.................................

So, the Mean Green Machine attacks fossil fuels which are cheap fuel and keep electricity prices down..............By eventually driving these costs up.............you hope to make Solar more affordable as the prices go up........................and current sales have a 30'% kick back via TAX Credits............................

Germany price of electricity is over 3 times the price of my costs now.................And they are a GREEN MACHINE................the people hurt the most by these policies are the poor who are least able to afford it..............but your side champions them now don't they.

The latest Tesla battery packs are new innovative technology..............while they are a break through in battery tech they supply enough power for this.

Animal401.jpg

Ah yes, the continued lie that all renewable is more expensive than fossil fuel. Here is a dose of reality for you.

Solar Wind Power Prices Often Lower Than Fossil Fuel Power Prices CleanTechnica

Power purchase agreements (PPAs) are contracts between sellers (wind farms, solar farms, etc.) and buyers (utility companies, large businesses, etc.) in which the seller agrees to provide a fixed amount of electricity per year and the buyer guarantees to pay an agreed upon price. PPAs typically run for 20 to 25 years.

Wind power, on average, sold for 2.5¢ per kilowatt-hour in the US in 2013, when looking at PPA prices (2014 numbers are due to come out this week). That’s the average for all reported PPAs, which means they’re a bit under 4¢ per kilowatt-hour without subsidies. These super-low prices are extremely hard to beat, and demonstrate why so much of the electricity generation capacity added in the past few years has come from wind power plants.

..........................................................................................................................................................
In New Mexico, in 2013, a First Solar* power plant won a PPA with a price of 5.8¢/kWh, while new coal was going for 10–14¢/kWh. That 5.8¢/kWh price doesn’t take into account ~4.7¢/kWh of subsidies, but, again, the coal price doesn’t take into account 9–27¢/kWh in health costs.

In Dubai (in the UAE), ACWA Power bid just 5.98¢/kWh to provide electricity from a solar power to the Dubai Electricity & Water Authority (DEWA) — without subsidy. That was a world record low bid, but even if ACWA Power didn’t exist, the record would have been broken by the second-lowest bid, which was 6.13¢/kWh and came from Fotowatio Renewables & Saudi Abdul Latif Jameel Energy. Both bids came well below the average price of electricity from natural gas in the region, 9¢/kWh.

Lastly, while we didn’t get to see any numbers on a Minnesota case, a judge ruled that a solar power plant there offered a better deal for ratepayers than several competing natural gas power plants.

The cost of continuing to use fossil fuel is what we cannot afford.

Ah yes, the continued lie that all renewable is more expensive than fossil fuel. Here is a dose of reality for you.

Solar Wind Power Prices Often Lower Than Fossil Fuel Power Prices CleanTechnica

Power purchase agreements (PPAs) are contracts between sellers (wind farms, solar farms, etc.) and buyers (utility companies, large businesses, etc.) in which the seller agrees to provide a fixed amount of electricity per year and the buyer guarantees to pay an agreed upon price. PPAs typically run for 20 to 25 years.

Wind power, on average, sold for 2.5¢ per kilowatt-hour in the US in 2013, when looking at PPA prices (2014 numbers are due to come out this week). That’s the average for all reported PPAs, which means they’re a bit under 4¢ per kilowatt-hour without subsidies. These super-low prices are extremely hard to beat, and demonstrate why so much of the electricity generation capacity added in the past few years has come from wind power plants.

..........................................................................................................................................................
In New Mexico, in 2013, a First Solar* power plant won a PPA with a price of 5.8¢/kWh, while new coal was going for 10–14¢/kWh. That 5.8¢/kWh price doesn’t take into account ~4.7¢/kWh of subsidies, but, again, the coal price doesn’t take into account 9–27¢/kWh in health costs.

In Dubai (in the UAE), ACWA Power bid just 5.98¢/kWh to provide electricity from a solar power to the Dubai Electricity & Water Authority (DEWA) — without subsidy. That was a world record low bid, but even if ACWA Power didn’t exist, the record would have been broken by the second-lowest bid, which was 6.13¢/kWh and came from Fotowatio Renewables & Saudi Abdul Latif Jameel Energy. Both bids came well below the average price of electricity from natural gas in the region, 9¢/kWh.

Lastly, while we didn’t get to see any numbers on a Minnesota case, a judge ruled that a solar power plant there offered a better deal for ratepayers than several competing natural gas power plants.
As I said............Germany is your green UTOPIA and the price there has gone up up and away.......................over triple what I pay for mine now........................You gonna pay for my electricity when it triples Mr. Green Machine............

Don't even go into the kwh produced with me....................we've been there and done that.

I don't know if you've noticed this, but there are excellent reasons for things in Germany to cost more than they do ih the states that have absolutely nothing to do with renewable energy technology. Are you familiar with German labor laws?

Most of the electricity produced in Oregon is from renewables. And I bet I pay less than you do per kw. And you can continue to pay for your own electricity.

I don't know if you've noticed this, but there are excellent reasons for things in Germany to cost more than they do ih the states that have absolutely nothing to do with renewable energy technology. Are you familiar with German labor laws?
I understand that they have some of the highest taxes in the world.........and are one of the leaders of the world if you want to pay a lot of money to keep the lights on. And they went down the path you want for us.

NO THANKS..............You want higher energy prices perhaps you should try them out.

Most of the electricity produced in Oregon is from renewables. And I bet I pay less than you do per kw. And you can continue to pay for your own electricity.
Doubt it...................Alabama has some of the lowest rates in the country. Averaging 9.5 cents per kwh............

Forum List

Back