Terrorists want to disrupt elections...

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by krisy, Jul 8, 2004.

1. krisy

krisy Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +112
    Apparently,there is good info that they are planning something for this years elections. Let's hope they don't succeed. It seems repetitive,but I hope people take this seriously. Here's the link.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,125065,00.html

2. lilcountriegal

lilcountriegal Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Unfortunatley, I think this isnt really news. Most people are under the impression that terrorists will try to disrupt the election process, especially after they see countries like Spain giving into their every demand.

Fortunately, unlike 9/11, it looks like we may be ready for them this time.

3. UsaPride

UsaPride Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +198
    I sure hope so!! :(

4. lilcountriegal

lilcountriegal Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Actually, I probably should have said "more ready". I dont think anyone, anywhere can be fully prepared for a massive terrorist attack like we experienced on 9/11. At least they wont blindside us this time.

5. CSM

CSM Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +708
    In my opinion, it is only logical that various terrorist groups would try to influence the elections. One of the side effects of a semi successful terrorist campaign is that it is not necessary to actually execute a terrorist act to achieve an effect. The threat of an attack can sometimes be effective (though not with as much impact).

One of the problems the terrorists have at this point is gauging the reaction of the US citizenry to a large scale attack. They grossly underestimated the results of the 9/11 event. It is difficult to assess the reaction of the American people to another attack, even by our own government.

6. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    Agreed----I've been wondering myself how voters would react to a pre election attack. would they blame Bush for "creating more terrorists" and failing at homeland security or would they see the seriousness of the war on terror and the need to keep Bush as pres. Either way--it's time for the media spin to get in high gear. Get you filters on folks !

7. musicman

musicman Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +533
    Of all the gifts given to me by my late father, my most prized possession is my very own, fully functioning BS detector. The LMM keep that sucker wailing like an air raid siren.

8. PatriotEagle

PatriotEagle Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I feel that if the terrorists were to attack in an effort to disrupt the elections, they would probably do so in some manner which will help the re-election chances of the President. Not because they like Bush, but because they hate him. The terrorists want Bush in office because he represents that part of America that they hate - the strenth coming from our hegemonic power.

Bush is despised by much of the rest of the world (believe me, I just returned from Africa and they hate him there, to the point of irrationality). Thus, having him in office allows the terrorists to feed, like a parasite, off that hatred and transform it into a more vile hatred of America itself. The worst part is, this sad fact is unavoidable; as the hegemon, as the becaon of liberty, America will always have a target on her face.

9. krisy

krisy Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +112
    Well,I don't know if they will succeed or not,but I know they will get us again somewhere and somehow. They are flaming in the Middle East and seem to be awful determined. I pray nothing happens,but I think these constant warnings are a good way for Bush to cover himself. If he doesn't warn us,he will be hammered if something happens. If he does and nothing happens,at least he knows his government did their job by giving a warning and tightening security.

10. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    They already attacked us on the campaign trail. Disguised as a black chick in dreadlocks with a wine bottle and various other "popular" types, they made a complete ass out of the democratic candidates.
    Damn--1 for them.:banana: