Tennessee Titans' Jurrell Casey says he plans to keep protesting and will 'take my fine' in upcoming

Discussion in 'Sports' started by shockedcanadian, Jul 18, 2018.

1. shockedcanadian

shockedcanadian Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,068
    I knew it was going to happen. Wait until they get yardage penalties though, he won't be a fan of the coaches, fans or sports bettors if he pulls that too often.

Tennessee Titans' Jurrell Casey says he plans to keep protesting and will 'take my fine' in upcoming NFL season: report

Tennessee Titans' Jurrell Casey says he plans to keep protesting and will 'take my fine' in upcoming NFL season: report

Despite a recently-imposed NFL rule regarding players and personnel behavior during the national anthem, one Tennessee Titans player reportedly says he’ll “take a fine this year” and continue to “protest during the flag.”

NFL defensive end Jurrell Casey intends to keep holding up his fist in protest following the conclusion of the Star Spangled Banner, like he did during the 2017 season, regardless of the fines that may come his way, he told CNN Sport while attending an event in London on Wednesday.

“I'm going to take my fine,” Casey told the outlet. “It is what it is, I ain't going to let them stop me from doing what I want to do. If they want to have these battles between players and organizations, this is the way it's going to be.”

2. HenryBHough

HenryBHough Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,432
    I wish him well in finding work. I hear they're hiring in Venezuela......

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 1
  3. SassyIrishLass

SassyIrishLass Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +93,168
    Who is Jurell Casey?

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. candycorn

candycorn Alis volat propriis

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,403
    I admire his convictions to speak his mind. Not sure what he is protesting. I would argue his methods are not helpful. Time and place. As you can see by this story breaking in July; an NFL player has a megaphone at their disposal whenever they want one; even this largely nondescript player is getting headlines... You can make your point in a way that still gets a significant amount of attention and not disrupt the ticket buying fan's enjoyment of the game, hurt your team on the field, and still be a champion to those, like me, who feel you have every right to say what your want despite what dumbasses like Lora Engram have to say.

5. Asclepias

Asclepias Diamond Member

Top Poster Of Month

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,520
    Good for him. This is what you call a man that backs up what he believes in.

6. Asclepias

Asclepias Diamond Member

Top Poster Of Month

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,520
    Someone that makes more than you and warrants mention in the news.

7. westwall

westwall Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +40,986

We'll see how strong his convictions are when they start costing him cash. Then we will find out what he's truly made of.

8. SassyIrishLass

SassyIrishLass Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +93,168
    Never heard of the shit stain, racist

9. Asclepias

Asclepias Diamond Member

Top Poster Of Month

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,520
    Dont worry. More people have heard of him than they have you.

10. DGS49

DGS49 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,283
    Well...there's something to be said for "standing up for what you believe in," but what if you believe in something stupid...? Or if your position in life makes the fact that YOU are protesting something of a joke...?

Three rules for protesters: Your action should be LEGAL, PEACEFUL, and have some logical connection to whatever it is that you are protesting. Two out of three, I suppose.

Guessing that this football player is protesting the harsh treatment of Black Yoots at the hands of police...what has he done to reduce the violent crime rate by Black Yoots? If the police didn't feel like they were in a War Zone while patrolling "Black" neighborhoods, they would be less harsh with the locals, and shooting them would probably be less of a Thing. (Although. Black Yoots killing other Black Yoots surpasses by a factor of a thousand the number of Black Yoots who are WRONGFULLY shot by cops).

Wouldn't it be better and more relevant to protest in front of a precinct office? At the site of a wrongful police shooting? In a community where it's a problem?

It is instructive to see the effect of mountains of money being showered down upon athletes, actors, and other entertainers who are altogether average and unremarkable, but for their unique set of skills. Were this person not a professional football player, who would care if he protested in front of the sink where he is washing dishes in a restaurant?

Who cares what he thinks about anything outside of what he does on the Field?

His life of great privilege is more tenuous, I suspect, than he believes. One injury, one pissed off owner, and he is back at Burger King.