Telling Them What They Don't Want To Hear

archangel said:
okay it is spring and you are out fishing...yes they should answer to someone who has knowledge and experience in the field of war...something we seem to be lacking in the halls of DC! I gave examples of political BS as it was concerned to war...Once a war is initiated politicians must place faith in those who received commissions from Presidents...or else they should put on the uniform and join the troops to see first hand how the battle is going...this was in the distant past when Kings lead the charge...and could make instant battlefield decisions....lacking this I believe administrations should concede to the generals...imo!

And you can prove somehow that the current administration is not closely listening to generals ?

dilloduck said:
And you can prove somehow that the current administration is not closely listening to generals ?

But I can see you are being condenscending now and I have a project to get back to work on...so why don't you prove that they(the administration) is listening to the generals...answer your own question!

archangel said:
But I can see you are being condenscending now and I have a project to get back to work on...so why don't you prove that they(the administration) is listening to the generals...answer your own question!

Actually I thought you had an interesting topic going there but alas--damn projects.

This thread tells two stories:

The first showing how Age can cause somebody - even a retired senior officer - to go senile.

The second shows DF for what he/she is - a sharpshooter...He/She sits back and pokes holes at Military Operations. It's like somebody who, on MONDAY, reviews Football games and Plays QB by pointing out What 'should' have happened.

dmp said:
It's like somebody who, on MONDAY, reviews Football games and Plays QB by pointing out What 'should' have happened.

That's deep... I bet you could get a lot of people to use that analogy. Call it "Monday Morning Quarterback" or something.

:D

dmp said:
This thread tells two stories:

The first showing how Age can cause somebody - even a retired senior officer - to go senile.

The second shows DF for what he/she is - a sharpshooter...He/She sits back and pokes holes at Military Operations. It's like somebody who, on MONDAY, reviews Football games and Plays QB by pointing out What 'should' have happened.

It's he - and you need to remember that.

In as much as I’ve been on the shitty end of that stick - when the mission wasn't made clear, I feel the right to make such judgements. Can you, honestly, say the same? Or are you one of those panty-waists that ride on the wave of freedom that my 35 years of service bought?

Darwins Friend said:

In as much as I’ve been on the shitty end of that stick - when the mission wasn't made clear, I feel the right to make such judgements. Can you, honestly, say the same? Or are you one of those panty-waists that ride on the wave of freedom that my 35 years of service bought?

A disgruntled vet who lost income due to the patriot act passing. No wonder you're so bitter--.

Darwins Friend said:

Anyone noticed how often df turns the topic to be about himself?

MtnBiker said:
Anyone noticed how often df turns the topic to be about himself?
Yeah, reminds me of some other 'older' poster...Oh, that would be psycho-not serving our military since year -60...

Darwins Friend said:
A clear Mission - knowing who and what you’re up against - militarily and culturally, minimize those mistakes.

To a certain extent sure, but how can anyone forsee every occurance? War strategies change all the time as conditions warrant.

Darwins Friend said:

Why is that you must pump yourself up every time you get your ass spanked in a thread? Everyone on this boar now knows that you 118 years old and that you served like 84 years in the Navy. We know that the Patriot Act fucked you out of like a trillion dollars or something. Just make a valid response. Stop making every counter argument an attack on you.

The question I have about these generals coming out of the wood work right now is where the hell were they when the decisions were being made? The idea that these guys could not speak out for fear of losing their jobs is a cop-out. When the lives of American men and women are on the line, they had damn well better speak out! If those stars on their shoulders are/were more important than the lives of their subordinates they should be taken out and summarily executed for dereliction of duty and conspiracy to murder.

No soldier wants to go to war. They do so confident in the knowledge that those above them are going to do everything they can to take care of them. If that trust is being undermined, then it is time to clean the chcken coop and get rid of those star wearing politicians and get somebody in there with a pair of balls.

Retired generals can debate strategy and tactics all day long but they had damn well better be prepared to defend their own position on things. These generals were not robots, they could make decisions and influence the decisions made by their superiors. If they did not have the intestinal fortitude to say what needed to be said then shame on them. Not one of these guys has presented any documentation on their position WHILE THEY WERE ACTIVE DUTY. If they did speak out and were ignored that is one thing but what they are doing now is another.

onthefence said:
Why is that you must pump yourself up every time you get your ass spanked in a thread? Everyone on this boar now knows that you 118 years old and that you served like 84 years in the Navy. We know that the Patriot Act fucked you out of like a trillion dollars or something. Just make a valid response. Stop making every counter argument an attack on you.

Reference:

:bye1:

The question I have about these generals coming out of the wood work right now is where the hell were they when the decisions were being made? The idea that these guys could not speak out for fear of losing their jobs is a cop-out. When the lives of American men and women are on the line, they had damn well better speak out!

Could it not just be human nature - wanting to be a team player? People that go against the grain too much while climbing the ladder in the military - pay for it dearly, career wise - and you damn well know that.

Retired - pension assured, they feel more comfortable about speaking out. And you’re also totally ignoring Rummy’s vengeful nature, which he’s exhibited and continues to show right out in public. Look what happened to the lady’s career that used to run the ‘Underwear Prison’ in Iraq. Somebody had to take the shot for the CIA’s creepy shit - and it was her.

Darwins Friend said:
Could it not just be human nature - wanting to be a team player? People that go against the grain too much while climbing the ladder in the military - pay for it dearly, career wise - and you damn well know that.

Retired - pension assured, they feel more comfortable about speaking out. And you’re also totally ignoring Rummy’s vengeful nature, which he’s exhibited and continues to show right out in public. Look what happened to the lady’s career that used to run the ‘Underwear Prison’ in Iraq. Somebody had to take the shot for the CIA’s creepy shit - and it was her.

How about sour grapes--could it be sour grapes ?

dilloduck said:
How about sour grapes--could it be sour grapes ?

Sour grapes?

What did they / do they have to lose? "Sour grapes" is normally connected with being on the losing end of something. Please explain what the Hell you’re attempting to communicate.

These people have nothing to gain or lose.

They’re simply pointing out this part of The Holy Administration is out of touch and, as Condi said - embarrassing Rummy globally: "We’ve made some tactical mistakes". What the fuck is with this group of White House Stooges that keeps them from admitting they fuck up sometimes, without having their noses shoved in a pile of shit - like stupid puppies.

Darwins Friend said:
Sour grapes?

What did they / do they have to lose? "Sour grapes" is normally connected with being on the losing end of something. Please explain what the Hell you’re attempting to communicate.

They’re simply pointing out this part of The Holy Administration is out of touch and, as Condi said - embarrassing Rummy globally: "We’ve made some tactical mistakes". What the fuck is with this group of White House Stooges that keeps them from admitting they fuck up sometimes, without having their noses shoved in a pile of shit - like stupid puppies.
Who the F embarrassed Rumsfeld globally? :shocked:

Darwins Friend said:
Sour grapes?

Sour grapes---they didn't get to do it they way they wanted or get credit they thought they deserved. So now they whine when a camera in stuck in their face. They were going for the big stars and were denied.

Forum List

Back