Tell the truth or go along either way he was bound to lose

I believe him because he had nothing to gain or lose.

Rummy has lied to us over and over.

I just dont understand how you guys seem to dismiss Americans who step out and Tell the inside story of what the Bush admin has done and one word is enought to end all questions for you?

Disgruntled is a magic word for those who need to believe in the Bush admin no matter what I quess.

How about Richard Clarke and Paul O'Neil they had nothying to gain either?

Ok, final word here.

No I dont think so.

Im going to talk about this for the rest of my life because when you ignore history you are doomed to repete it.

Its just one of the many ways truth has a liberal bias.

Think about what this guy has done to deserve your distrust.

Now think about what Rummy has done to deserve your distrust.

I believe him because he had nothing to gain or lose.

Rummy has lied to us over and over.

I just dont understand how you guys seem to dismiss Americans who step out and Tell the inside story of what the Bush admin has done and one word is enought to end all questions for you?

Disgruntled is a magic word for those who need to believe in the Bush admin no matter what I quess.

How about Richard Clarke and Paul O'Neil they had nothying to gain either?

Nothing but partisan speculation on all counts.

No I dont think so.

Im going to talk about this for the rest of my life because when you ignore history you are doomed to repete it.

If you're a mindless drone, you're doomed to repeat partisan thetoric.

The truth has no liberal bias. That's just pure bullshit.

So they all are just liars?

please direct me to the facts that prove they are liars?

So they all are just liars?

please direct me to the facts that prove they are liars?

The only one doing any fingerpointing in this thread is YOU. You have takena story, and one disgruntled person's OPINION and attempted to post it as fact under the presumption that he has no agenda and that Rumsfeld is guilty by default.

I'd pretty-much say you are doing yourself in.

So you have determined this carreer military guy is nothing but a liar because he's "disgruntled" on what information?

http://tinyurl.com/3cxa3m

This guy was given a tuff job and he did it Yet he still payed the price because his CIC was Bush.

I don't know about others, but I don't follow links blindly. Perhaps if you bothered to do your own little write-up on what topic you're addressing, I might consider clicking the link provided. And perhaps not, but at least I'd give it consideration. You provide next to... scratch that... you provide nothing in the thread original post which has ANY information about who or what you are wanting to talk about.

People might take you a bit more seriously if you present yourself and your arguments better.

No I dont think so.

You do not mind we will, if you get your way, appease the muslim terrorists, remind me again what happens when you appease people out to kill you? You do not mind we will allow MILLIONS of illegal immigrants to become legal which will cause another HUGE wave of new illegals looking for the same deal. Remind me again what history shows from the LAST amnesty sweetheart deal.

You do not mind that if we abandon Iraq we will have to reinvade in a couple years to do it all over again. Remind me again what history shows happens when you ALLOW chaos to rein ina critical area that has direct consequences on your National Security and that of your allies.

I don't know about others, but I don't follow links blindly. Perhaps if you bothered to do your own little write-up on what topic you're addressing, I might consider clicking the link provided. And perhaps not, but at least I'd give it consideration. You provide next to... scratch that... you provide nothing in the thread original post which has ANY information about who or what you are wanting to talk about.

People might take you a bit more seriously if you present yourself and your arguments better.

And he was demanding RSR be shunned for doing EXACTLY the same thing.

So you have determined this carreer military guy is nothing but a liar because he's "disgruntled" on what information?

How many times do I need to draw this picture for you?

I have determined that YOU have determined Rumsfeld is guilty based on one person's say-so, who DOES have a vested interest in covering his own ass.

Without corroborating evidence, it is simply one man's word against another. I have not jumped to a conclusion of innocence or guilt such as you have simply because I disagree with YOU jumping to conclusions without evidence.

Army Major General Antonio Taguba said he met with then secretary of defense Donald Rumsfeld and other top officials and described to them some of the contents of a report he had prepared on the notorious prison.

But Rumsfeld testified before Congress the following day that he had no idea of the extent of the abuse, Taguba told the New Yorker magazine in an interview.

"He's trying to acquit himself and a lot of people who are lying to protect themselves," the magazine quoted him as saying, referring to Rumsfeld's May 7, 2004 testimony.

A few weeks after his report became public, Taguba, who was still in Kuwait, was in the back seat of a Mercedes sedan with Abizaid. … Abizaid turned to Taguba and issued a quiet warning: “You and your report will be investigated.”

“I wasn’t angry about what he said but disappointed that he would say that to me,” Taguba said. “I’d been in the Army thirty-two years by then, and it was the first time that I thought I was in the Mafia.“

Wow...

Somehow I think they will ignore those facts DCD ,they prefer to just call me names.

Fact? That would be nothing more than opinion, unless he has a recording of it or a transcript of it. And rather convenient memory as well.

Remind me again, how Congressman Jefferson is Innocent till proven guilty after being charged with a crime, BUT Rumsfield and Bush are Guilty and have NEVER even been charged?

Army Major General Antonio Taguba said he met with then secretary of defense Donald Rumsfeld and other top officials and described to them some of the contents of a report he had prepared on the notorious prison.

But Rumsfeld testified before Congress the following day that he had no idea of the extent of the abuse, Taguba told the New Yorker magazine in an interview.

"He's trying to acquit himself and a lot of people who are lying to protect themselves," the magazine quoted him as saying, referring to Rumsfeld's May 7, 2004 testimony.

A few weeks after his report became public, Taguba, who was still in Kuwait, was in the back seat of a Mercedes sedan with Abizaid. … Abizaid turned to Taguba and issued a quiet warning: “You and your report will be investigated.”

“I wasn’t angry about what he said but disappointed that he would say that to me,” Taguba said. “I’d been in the Army thirty-two years by then, and it was the first time that I thought I was in the Mafia.“

Wow...

What's to be surprised about?

One, Rumsfeld viewing pictures the night before testifying that he did not know the extent of the abuse are not contradictory. That he viewed pictures is indicative of only the fact that he viewed pictures.

If I was Commanding General and had something like this happen on MY watch, you're damned right I'd have the investigation corroborated. Tagabu's comment on THAT appears to be nothing but over-sensitivity to me.

WHAT facts? There's nothing here but one person's opinion.

The man that the Department of Defense put in charge of investigating Abu Ghraib says Rummy and others are lying. At a minimum, that is a disturbing revelation.

Forum List

Back