Teheran shows greater willingness to increase cooperation with Ankara

ekrem

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2005
Iran boosts cooperation with Turkey against PKK

The New Anatolian / Ankara

The Iranian government is showing greater willingness to strengthen cooperation with Turkey in the security field and has recently extradited 30 Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK) terrorists to Turkey, Turkish sources said on Thursday.

Following the 11th Turkey-Iran High Security Council session, which was held in Tehran last Tuesday, both countries are preparing to upgrade the existing legal framework in security cooperation. Turkish sources said on Friday that the current legal framework is based mainly on an agreement that dates back more than 70 years, and following long insistence by Turkey to revise it, the Iranian side has just shown a stronger willingness to do that.

Turkish sources also noted that Iran recently extradited 30 PKK terrorists to Turkey, and 45 more PKK members detained by Iranian authorities are expected to also sent to Turkey.

Last week, Iranian police clashed with a group of PKK members along the Iranian-Turkish border and two of the PKK members were killed.

http://www.thenewanatolian.com/tna-1553.html

Nice seeing even Iran co-operating against PKK and handing those Terrorists to Turkey.
It is said, that in Iran there are 300 PKK terrorists.
30+45=75 Terrorists which will be handed over to Turkey. Plus iran soldiers killed 2 PKK members.

That is approximately from 300 available Terrorists 25% which will be taken out of terrorizing innocent peoples.

In Iraq there are 5.000 PKK. USA has list with 150 members which Turkey wants primarily.

150 from 5.000 = 3%
current progress: 0,000000000000000000 %

canavar posted:

The Iranian government is showing greater willingness to strengthen cooperation with Turkey in the security field and has recently extradited 30 Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK) terrorists to Turkey, Turkish sources said on Thursday.

Help me out here canavar. The Kurdistan Workers Party, is basically made up of Kurd`s, is that correct? A large group of which control the northern portion of Iraq, and have been VERY cooperative with the US in our War on Terror.

Or, do I have my information wrong? :smoke:

trobinett said:
canavar posted:

Help me out here canavar. The Kurdistan Workers Party, is basically made up of Kurd`s, is that correct? A large group of which control the northern portion of Iraq, and have been VERY cooperative with the US in our War on Terror.

Or, do I have my information wrong? :smoke:
Just what I was going to post, we need Canavar here.

Just wanted to show, what some do and what some don't do...

Maybe tomorrow more. Good-night.

canavar said:
Just wanted to show, what some do and what some don't do...

Maybe tomorrow more. Good-night.
WOW, a male, BIG TEASE! :shocked:

Iran and Turkey have signed a security cooperation accord.

Officials said Ankara and Teheran have signed a memorandum of understanding to cooperate on counter-insurgency issues. They said the MoU was designed to ensure Iranian cooperation in Turkey's battle against the Kurdish Workers Party, or PKK.

The MoU was signed in Teheran on Feb. 21 and marked the end of a three-day meeting between Iranian and Turkish officials. The meeting of the Turkey-Iran High Security Commission brought together representatives of the interior ministries of both countries.

"I can state that we're in full agreement concerning tight and absolute cooperation against PKK terror and jointly fighting PKK activity in the region," Turkish Interior Ministry Undersecretary Sahabettin Harput said.
=========================================================================
http://www.menewsline.com/stories/2006/february/02_26_1.html

we may not be freinds but getting Iran to cooperate against Anti-Turkish terrorists is appreciated and may have image effects in both countries.
In the past Iran supported PKK, now they are working against them. Good for Turkey.

Bilance of Terrorism in Turkey in the last 3 years:

246 people dead
147 people injured.

According to Turkish interior Minister Aksu, 1325 terrorists were captured or killed inside Turkey within 3 years.

Syria, Greece, Azerbaycan, Ukraine captured within 3 years 116 Anti-Turkish terrorists and gave them to Turkey.
This value will now rise, as Iran is willing to co-operate against PKK and gave Turkey 30 PKK terrorists first, and 40 will follow.

Forum List

Back