Teen Outsmarts Doctors In Science Class

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by RodISHI, Jun 15, 2009.

  1. RodISHI
    Offline

    RodISHI Gold Member

    Joined:
    Nov 29, 2008
    Messages:
    10,392
    Thanks Received:
    1,858
    Trophy Points:
    280
    Ratings:
    +5,047
    We have had great doctors over the years. Most generally they have told us, "you know your body better than anyone".

    Smart girl!
     
  2. strollingbones
    Offline

    strollingbones Diamond Member

    Joined:
    Aug 18, 2008
    Messages:
    65,547
    Thanks Received:
    15,605
    Trophy Points:
    2,190
    Location:
    chicken farm
    Ratings:
    +31,868
    crones is not new there is no reason a doctor should not have been able to find this...again....the medical professions treatment of women as 2nd class citizens by thinking their symptoms are in thier heads.....
     
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. dilloduck
    Offline

    dilloduck Diamond Member

    Joined:
    May 8, 2004
    Messages:
    53,240
    Thanks Received:
    5,552
    Trophy Points:
    1,850
    Location:
    Austin, TX
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    Oh garbage, bones. Men get misdiagnosed all the time,
     
  4. strollingbones
    Offline

    strollingbones Diamond Member

    Joined:
    Aug 18, 2008
    Messages:
    65,547
    Thanks Received:
    15,605
    Trophy Points:
    2,190
    Location:
    chicken farm
    Ratings:
    +31,868
    o dont you garabage me....you and i both know damned well crones out that hard to figure out...hell the kid did it...but an educated doctor couldnt...
     
  5. JBeukema
    Offline

    JBeukema BANNED

    Joined:
    Apr 23, 2009
    Messages:
    25,613
    Thanks Received:
    1,703
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Location:
    everywhere and nowhere
    Ratings:
    +1,705
    of course, while women complain about sexism and being called histerical- they sure love those vibrators the evil Men came up with to treat them :lol:
     
  6. strollingbones
    Offline

    strollingbones Diamond Member

    Joined:
    Aug 18, 2008
    Messages:
    65,547
    Thanks Received:
    15,605
    Trophy Points:
    2,190
    Location:
    chicken farm
    Ratings:
    +31,868
    sure anything that distances you from mindless men like yourself is a benefit.
     
  7. RetiredGySgt
    Offline

    RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

    Joined:
    May 6, 2007
    Messages:
    39,509
    Thanks Received:
    5,897
    Trophy Points:
    1,140
    Location:
    North Carolina
    Ratings:
    +8,920
    Mindless ignorant drivel , how about you PROVE that women are treated as second class citizens by our medical profession when it comes to treatment.
     
  8. RodISHI
    Offline

    RodISHI Gold Member

    Joined:
    Nov 29, 2008
    Messages:
    10,392
    Thanks Received:
    1,858
    Trophy Points:
    280
    Ratings:
    +5,047
    "Women’s health and clinical trials

    Women have traditionally been underrepresented in clinical trials. In order to translate recent advances in our understanding of the molecular and physiological bases of sex differences into new therapeutics and health practices, sound sex-specific clinical data are imperative. Since the founding of the Office of Research on Women’s Health within the Office of the Director at the NIH in 1990, inequities in federally funded biomedical research, diagnosis, and treatment of diseases affecting women in the US have been reviewed. Discussed herein is the evolution of gender-related research innovations, primarily within the last decade, and strategies and challenges involved in the success of this recent development................"
     
  9. Zoom-boing
    Offline

    Zoom-boing Gold Member

    Joined:
    Oct 30, 2008
    Messages:
    25,061
    Thanks Received:
    7,260
    Trophy Points:
    260
    Location:
    East Japip
    Ratings:
    +10,120
    Doctors misdiagnose all the time, not just women. BTDT too many times with my son and other family members to know this is true. The problem is doctors all have a 'specialty' and no one wants to take the time to see the whole picture. You absolutely must take matters into your own hands and go into the doctor's office well-informed and vocal. Many a doctor brushed us (and other family members) aside, because 'we didn't know anything'. Turned out the docs were the ones who were clueless. I have such little faith in them.
     
  10. auditor0007
    Offline

    auditor0007 Gold Member

    Joined:
    Oct 19, 2008
    Messages:
    12,566
    Thanks Received:
    2,255
    Trophy Points:
    255
    Location:
    Toledo, OH
    Ratings:
    +3,218
    I know more about my own disease and treatment needs than 95% of doctors. The other 5% know as much as me. But I need their approval for treatment, lol.
     

Share This Page