Ted Strickland: Democrats Suffering From 'Intellectual Elitism'

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bass v 2.0, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Bass v 2.0

Bass v 2.0 Biblical Warrior For God.

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +528
    Ted Strickland: Democrats Suffering From 'Intellectual Elitism'

It kinds of sums up what I said in my thread on why the Democrats lost big time in this election cycle and if Obama and the American people can't get it through their thick craniums that the Republicans in the House and Senate they are dealing with don't care about public policy, the deficit and the people, but who's sole intent is to remove Obama from office by destroying him, they're never going to get it and Obama, the Democratic and the American people are going to suffer. This is the best time to hit the Republitards hard who are basking in the spotlight of Democratic loses they are wrongly perceiving as approval and enthusiasm for the Republitard Party when in reality is showed the failure of the Democratic Party to rally and get its own people to come out and vote in huge numbers and the blame for that falls squarely on Obama and the Democratic Party because face it, the Republitards have done diddly squat over the last two years for voters to feel enthused about them.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,203
    I have to disagree with one part. The intellectual part is incorrect.

3. Mr.Fitnah

Mr.Fitnah Dreamcrusher

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,673
    Obama is a foot note in history , He will be removed from office during the next cycle as the pendulum swings back He could have been a 2 termer if he had tried to govern as a centrist instead of rushing around trying to bring about the fruition of the 100 year dream.
    He killed the dream and relegated himself to minimal historic interest.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    I see the infection is spreading.... it's not just Fail&Go who needs to get his opinions from a comic, now you do too.

Interesting that you define yourself as a conservative and show absolutely none of the characteristics of an actual conservative. 'Check Chaser Charlie'.

5. Sarah G

Sarah G When Nothing Goes Right, Go Left Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,009
    Strickland is correct in theory but if the answer is that simplistic, why did Strickland allow that idiot John Kasich take the governorship away from him?

Obama is doing what he can, the Dems in congress need to develop some senblence of a fighting strategy with these teapartiers. They have to get scrappy and creative with solutions Repubs and Independents can connect with.

The strategy to demand that the tax cuts are paid for just as the unemployment benefits need to be paid for is correct. Pound on that until the tax cuts sunset if need be.

6. Stephanie

Stephanie Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,360
    LOL
    Another, EVERYBODY is out to GET the poor Obama thread.

And the Republicans didn't win a "historic" midterm election because the people WANTED them.

cracks me up.

7. Bass v 2.0

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +528
    If you're going to answer me at least answer without trolling me. I am a conservative, just not in the fashion of Republitards. I believe in cutting spending and slashing the budget, but not by giving more money to the rich and slashing from the poor, treating them like second class citizens.

I didn't quote Huffingtonpost, I quoted the person who made the statements himself since Huffingtonpost didn't make them.

8. Bass v 2.0

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +528
    [​IMG]

9. Sarah G

Sarah G When Nothing Goes Right, Go Left Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,009
    And it's a good thread too.

10. Nighthawk62

Nighthawk62 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Barack Obama has made it clear from the day he was elected as president that he doesn’t believe in American exceptionalism, and has made apologising for his country into an art form. In a speech to the United Nations last September he stated that “no one nation can or should try to dominate another nation. No world order that elevates one nation or group of people over another will succeed. No balance of power among nations will hold.” It is difficult to see how a US president who holds these views and does not even accept America’s greatness in history can actually lead the world’s only superpower with force and conviction.

Growing disillusionment with the Obama administration’s handling of the economy as well as health care and immigration has gone hand in hand with mounting unhappiness with the President’s aloof and imperial style of leadership, and a growing perception that he is out of touch with ordinary Americans, especially at a time of significant economic pain. Barack Obama’s striking absence of natural leadership ability (and blatant lack of experience) has played a big part in undermining his credibility with the US public, with his lacklustre handling of the Gulf oil spill coming under particularly intense fire.

On the national security and foreign policy front, President Obama has not fared any better. His leadership on the war in Afghanistan has been confused and at times lacking in conviction, and seemingly dictated by domestic political priorities rather than military and strategic goals. His overall foreign policy has been an appalling mess, with his flawed strategy of engagement of hostile regimes spectacularly backfiring. And as for the War on Terror, his administration has not even acknowledged it is fighting one.

The stunning decline of Barack Obama: 10 key reasons why the Obama presidency is in meltdown – Telegraph Blogs

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2