Ted Rall on Obamabots

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
For all the people who reflexively defend Obama regardless of what he says or does, take a look at the consequences as seen by a person on the left.

It was tempting, when Obama’s Democrats swept into office in 2008, to think that the bad old days were coming to an end. I wasn’t looking for any favors, just a swing of the political pendulum back to the Clinton years when it was still OK to be a liberal.
This, you have no doubt correctly guessed, is the part where I tell you I was wrong.
I didn’t count on the cult of personality around Barack Obama.
In the 1990s it was OK to attack Clinton from the left. I went after the Man From Hope and his centrist, “triangulation”-obsessed Democratic Leadership Council for selling out progressive principles. Along with like-minded political cartoonists including Tom Tomorrow and Lloyd Dangle, my cartoons and columns took Clinton’s militant moderates to the woodshed for NAFTA, the WTO and welfare reform. A pal who worked in the White House informed me that the President, known for his short temper, stormed into his office and slammed a copy of that morning’s Washington Post down on the desk with my cartoon showing. “How dare your friend compare me to Bush?” he shouted. (The first Bush.)
It was better than winning a Pulitzer.
It feels a little weird to write this, like I’m telling tales out of school and ratting out the Vast Left-Wing Conspiracy. But it’s true: there’s less room for a leftie during the Age of Obama than there was under Bush.
I didn’t realize how besotted progressives were by Mr. Hopey Changey.

http://www.rall.com/rallblog/2011/05/16/syndicated-column-rise-of-the-obamabots

Ted Rall is a dick, who is a dick on purpose.

I said so when he was ripping Chimpola and I say so now.
He is a dick. And he whines to Marcos because he won't allow him on Daily Kos.
Ironic, given that Marcos is a dick of monumental proportions.

Then again, it makes a certain sense since communists do totally hate any competition, no matter from whence it comes.

OBAMA is NOT a leftist.

Not remotely leftist.

Demanding that the LEFT defend OBAMA is the silly debating technique of imbeciles on the right.

As they uslaly don't really have a clue what being left or right really means, they're sincerely wrong, but still, they're wrong.

They're sincerely wrong because, I suspect, most of them get everything they know about political science from talking heads who clearly either don't know what they are talking about, or those talking heads are as stupid as the things they say about polisci.

Wow... It seems Rall does not believe he deserves the consequences and natural results of his beliefs and philosophy. Some wonderful telling pull quotes.

Obama lost me before Inauguration Day, when he announced cabinet appointments that didn’t include a single liberal.

Good gawd! Who is liberal enough for him?

The Obama Administration doesn’t need journalists or pundits to carry its water. That’s what press secretaries and PR flacks are for.

Someone alert CNN/MSNBC/CBS/ABC/PBS.

Yet they continue to stand by him. Which means that, in effect, they are not liberals at all. They are militant Democrats. They are Obamabots.

Ahhh the disappointment of victory and walking lockstep.

The weeping and gnashing of teeth from this admittedly radical leftist is precious.

One one "positive" note, Rall will be back in fashion after Obama loses.

OBAMA is NOT a leftist.

Not remotely leftist.

Demanding that the LEFT defend OBAMA is the silly debating technique of imbeciles on the right.

As they uslaly don't really have a clue what being left or right really means, they're sincerely wrong, but still, they're wrong.

They're sincerely wrong because, I suspect, most of them get everything they know about political science from talking heads who clearly either don't know what they are talking about, or those talking heads are as stupid as the things they say about polisci.

Don't.....take....the......brown....acid.

OBAMA is NOT a leftist.

Not remotely leftist.
See my response to Sallow. Try to comprehend it.
And yet, oddly, the left does indeed defend Obama. No demands required.

They usually get their panties in a bunch, too, when Obama is criticized.
Not really. But thanks for the obligatory dose of "If you disagree with me, you're STUpid!"
Your suspicions are quite wrong.

Forum List

Back