Ted Cruz Booed Off Stage At Middle East Christian Conference [video]

They are arabs. I don't expect better.

Other religions and cultures thought about us the same way years ago. It's why we came to America. So we could experience freedom from minds like yours.

Sadly, primitive mined Americans, like yours, felt the need to kill the Indians because we couldn't live in Peace...........Our Peace seems to be "NO ONE WILL MESS WITH ME" when others is ACTUAL peace.

This is what you get when colleges offer primarily courses in Liberal Civility - one small step beyond Liberal Arts.

I disagree.

All of these loose cannon bigots get it from Daddy.

I know this because I was raised to be a bigot. I was the break in the tree that wondered why I was supposed to hate so many.

Israeli HATERS skyhook, didn't you listen to your own video, boy? ..... It seems many ARABS, with no nevermind to religion, simply hates Jews.... Thanks for posting, will use that against the pond scum ARABS, in another thread or 2!

Opposing Israeli policy no more translates into hating Jews than opposing Obama's policies means you hate blacks. Its a silly argument.

My GOD, that the dumbest thing you've written, and you got OCDPogo to agree with it.... 2 fucking morons!!!!:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Given that you just dismissed Arabs as 'pond scum', you probably won't be surprised that I don't give much credence to what you think about my posts.

One can oppose Israeli policy without hating Jews. Just as you can oppose Obama's policies without hating black folks. While you nor Cruz may be able to make such a distinction, I'd wager most rational people could.

No matter how you view it the Jews are mostly right.

When it pertains to the Zionists, they, too, are mostly right.

And while the Palestinians may have some legitimate complaints with the Israelis and the IDF, the fact is that only until the PALESTINIANS give up their stubborn, Islamic motivated intransigence will their cries for deliverance be answered.

They must be their own saviours if they believe they can be saved.

Israeli HATERS skyhook, didn't you listen to your own video, boy? ..... It seems many ARABS, with no nevermind to religion, simply hates Jews.... Thanks for posting, will use that against the pond scum ARABS, in another thread or 2!

Opposing Israeli policy no more translates into hating Jews than opposing Obama's policies means you hate blacks. Its a silly argument.

My GOD, that the dumbest thing you've written, and you got OCDPogo to agree with it.... 2 fucking morons!!!!:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Given that you just dismissed Arabs as 'pond scum', you probably won't be surprised that I don't give much credence to what you think about my posts.

One can oppose Israeli policy without hating Jews. Just as you can oppose Obama's policies without hating black folks. While you nor Cruz may be able to make such a distinction, I'd wager most rational people could.

No matter how you view it the Jews are mostly right.

When it pertains to the Zionists, they, too, are mostly right.

And while the Palestinians may have some legitimate complaints with the Israelis and the IDF, the fact is that only until the PALESTINIANS give up their stubborn, Islamic motivated intransigence will their cries for deliverance be answered.

They must be their own saviours if they believe they can be saved.

Nope.

Jews. Zionists. Palestinians and pretty much everyone in the world have the same outlook on life. In fact, most Religions have the same core. The Golden Rule.
v176.jpg

And all Religions have people that interpret the scriptures with a dark side. Let me pick on OUR religion, Christianity Murder in the Bible

Again, all religions have the same core belief. All people do. It just takes the under-developed brains to stir up hate due to lack of studying. I mean, we came to America to avoid this Hate, now we are using it against others, we are the people we were trying to avoid before and we don't see this?

Don't get me started on the Indians we don't mention in order to live "Free" and avoid "Hate". You all know better, let your brain work and stop listening to others.

Statement of IDC President following disruption at IDC Gala Dinner In Defense of Christians
Statement by president of IDC. Called the hecklers "wedding crashers " who were made "no longer welcome." That they had " injected politics" into the proceedings. Would not doubt it to be a leftist bunch of pro gay or anti Wall Street people who had nothing to do with conference. It how the nutty left works. See Ward Churchill.

They invite one of the country's most partisan politicians to speak, he goes into a political rant, some in the audience react,

and it's the audience who 'injected politics' into the proceedings?

lol that guy's dumber than Cruz.

Statement of IDC President following disruption at IDC Gala Dinner In Defense of Christians
Statement by president of IDC. Called the hecklers "wedding crashers " who were made "no longer welcome." That they had " injected politics" into the proceedings. Would not doubt it to be a leftist bunch of pro gay or anti Wall Street people who had nothing to do with conference. It how the nutty left works. See Ward Churchill.

They invite one of the country's most partisan politicians to speak, he goes into a political rant, some in the audience react,

and it's the audience who 'injected politics' into the proceedings?

lol that guy's dumber than Cruz.

Religion was injected. Politics followed kiddo.

The plot thickens!

Christians Enraged With Cruz Over Pro-Israel Comments

Ted Cruz’s was booed off stage after addressing Middle Eastern Christians, now faces a backlash from key Christian writers and thinkers.

*snip*

Much of his pro-Israel conservative base would have had no problem with these comments, so Cruz may not have expected a backlash. But the response among key Christian thinkers and writers was fierce and immediate.

Cruz was accused of ignorance about the dynamics of Middle Eastern Christianity; of suggesting that he would not stand with Christians who didn't agree with his political stance on Israel; even of orchestrating a crass stunt on the backs of persecuted Christians.

"Sen. Ted Cruz suggested that holding the same political views on Israel was more important than the fellowship we share as Christians," Mollie Hemingway, a senior writer at The Federalist, a conservative website, told The Daily Beast. "We shouldn't fight the global persecution of Christians only if the victims share our political views."

Added Mark Tooley, the president of the Institute on Religion and Democracy: "Must overseas Christians pass a political litmus test, even if it further endangers them, to gain American support and sympathy?"

Jeff King, the president of the watchdog group International Christian Concern, said that Cruz was "off-topic and rude" (the crowd was rude too, King added), but mainly did not understand the nuances of the persecuted Christian minority groups he was addressing.

"They can't be pro-Israel where they live, because they will get the snot beaten out of them or worse. If you don't understand the dynamics going in… you've got to question what he was thinking," King said. "He just doesn't understand the reality of Middle Eastern Christians."

Others went so far as to question whether Cruz purposely went to the conference as a stunt, that he was aware of the dynamics and wanted to show that he would support Israel in front of an audience where this would be unpopular.

"He used arguably the most persecuted and powerless minority in the world, Middle Eastern Christians, who are supposed to be his brethren in Christ, as a prop for a self-aggrandizing political stunt," said Pascal-Emmanuel Gobry, a Catholic writer, in The Week.

New York Times columnist Ross Douthat was particularly scathing, pointing out that Cruz’s “co-religionists are being murdered.”

“By making a statement at *this* event, he basically flipped the bird to people and churches that are dying right now,” he tweeted.

Yes, people are wising up to the ARAB hoards, be they SUPPOSEDLY Christian, or fucking muslim terrorists, these POND SCUM, hate Israel, more then the ISIL terrorists that continue to kill and behead them and their children.... Perhaps it's simply an ARAB problem, and not just fucking muslims!

You've got to wonder what Cruz was thinking. It's also not a bad idea to wonder what the hell was motivating him to make the statements he did, as well. Why do I say that? Because the Christians are already a besieged tine minority in the Arab world who are currently also already easy targets. If they were to go out on a limb in support of Israel (which just so happens to be in a shooting war with Palestinian Muslims) when they live in countries where they have zero meaningful political power and/or leverage, what the hell do you think those Christians could expect as a consequence?

I can't help but wonder if Cruz wasn't just playing up to his conservative Christian base of support here in America while also playing up the conservative penchant to wallow in imagined victimhood. How cynical is that?

The plot thickens!

Christians Enraged With Cruz Over Pro-Israel Comments

Ted Cruz’s was booed off stage after addressing Middle Eastern Christians, now faces a backlash from key Christian writers and thinkers.

*snip*

Much of his pro-Israel conservative base would have had no problem with these comments, so Cruz may not have expected a backlash. But the response among key Christian thinkers and writers was fierce and immediate.

Cruz was accused of ignorance about the dynamics of Middle Eastern Christianity; of suggesting that he would not stand with Christians who didn't agree with his political stance on Israel; even of orchestrating a crass stunt on the backs of persecuted Christians.

"Sen. Ted Cruz suggested that holding the same political views on Israel was more important than the fellowship we share as Christians," Mollie Hemingway, a senior writer at The Federalist, a conservative website, told The Daily Beast. "We shouldn't fight the global persecution of Christians only if the victims share our political views."

Added Mark Tooley, the president of the Institute on Religion and Democracy: "Must overseas Christians pass a political litmus test, even if it further endangers them, to gain American support and sympathy?"

Jeff King, the president of the watchdog group International Christian Concern, said that Cruz was "off-topic and rude" (the crowd was rude too, King added), but mainly did not understand the nuances of the persecuted Christian minority groups he was addressing.

"They can't be pro-Israel where they live, because they will get the snot beaten out of them or worse. If you don't understand the dynamics going in… you've got to question what he was thinking," King said. "He just doesn't understand the reality of Middle Eastern Christians."

Others went so far as to question whether Cruz purposely went to the conference as a stunt, that he was aware of the dynamics and wanted to show that he would support Israel in front of an audience where this would be unpopular.

"He used arguably the most persecuted and powerless minority in the world, Middle Eastern Christians, who are supposed to be his brethren in Christ, as a prop for a self-aggrandizing political stunt," said Pascal-Emmanuel Gobry, a Catholic writer, in The Week.

New York Times columnist Ross Douthat was particularly scathing, pointing out that Cruz’s “co-religionists are being murdered.”

“By making a statement at *this* event, he basically flipped the bird to people and churches that are dying right now,” he tweeted.

This part DOES concern me.

"He used arguably the most persecuted and powerless minority in the world, Middle Eastern Christians, who are supposed to be his brethren in Christ, as a prop for a self-aggrandizing political stunt,"said Pascal-Emmanuel Gobry, a Catholic writer, in The Week.

So a bunch of people who hate Israel and Jews booed Cruz and Synth thinks that's a good thing???

Does that tell you what Synth thinks of Israel and Jewish people?
Hitler felt the same way about Jews as democrats and liberal do today. They can't get that old KKK feeling of bigotry out of them.

I kind of hope they are Republicans. Anything to put the Democrats in a bad light prior to the elections using Saul Alinsky tactics to boot! Ha ha. Priceless!

Yes, people are wising up to the ARAB hoards, be they SUPPOSEDLY Christian, or fucking muslim terrorists, these POND SCUM, hate Israel, more then the ISIL terrorists that continue to kill and behead them and their children.... Perhaps it's simply an ARAB problem, and not just fucking muslims!

You've got to wonder what Cruz was thinking. It's also not a bad idea to wonder what the hell was motivating him to make the statements he did, as well. Why do I say that? Because the Christians are already a besieged tine minority in the Arab world who are currently also already easy targets. If they were to go out on a limb in support of Israel (which just so happens to be in a shooting war with Palestinian Muslims) when they live in countries where they have zero meaningful political power and/or leverage, what the hell do you think those Christians could expect as a consequence?

I can't help but wonder if Cruz wasn't just playing up to his conservative Christian base of support here in America while also playing up the conservative penchant to wallow in imagined victimhood. How cynical is that?

As I said in my previous post, this concerns me.

But, keep in mind that sometimes you have to be really clear about painting the BIG PICTURE when possible and appropriate.

Remember Reagan's bold but simple strategy for the Cold War?

"Here's my strategy on the Cold War: We win,they lose." - Ronald Reagan

The big picture he paints is that one day there MAY be peace for the Israelis and if it happens it will come about because of bold, creative, flexible and visionary leadership.

Leadership which is unafraid to confront adversaries and opponents and tell them news they may not like but info they need to know.

There's going to be a new Sheriff in town come 2017 and its best you all get familiar with his themes.

Palestinians, once he wins the presidency you are in for a negotiation with Pres. Cruz which will bring you peace or else you will be stepping off into an abyss of your own creation.

Middle East Christians, be of good cheer because hope is on the way.

Ted has thrown down the gloves.

Enemies of the USA & Israel?

Your move.

Forum List

Back