Tea Party Candidate Believes The Constitution Means What It Says.

USArmyRetired

Rookie
May 29, 2010
This guy has the right idea and he is right on target in believing this. These are the type people who need to be in Washington as protectors of the Constitution who want to see it upheld. Men and women with these convictions can lead America to prosperity, Candidates like this guy and Palin will achieve this despite the opposition of the Constitution from the left.

Broadus for Congress

Quote:

The Constitution provides Congress with the power to Coin Money and to regulate its value. It also holds that only Gold and Silver will be accepted as money among the States. I will work to return this nation to Sound Money, as in prior generations where a person could take their paper currency to the bank and exchange them for actual specie gold or silver. Although there is the potential for corruption and cornering the market with such a system, the current system has proven no better at preventing recessions, and has led to periods of booms and busts, including the Great Depression. Congress should be given the power to control the money supply and prevent corruption, in accordance with its Constitutional Powers. Should this prove impossible or impractical due to the expansion of today's economy and an unavailability of precious metals, then I firmly believe the Constitution should be amended to provide for another form of hard currency that will be abundant in supply and the value of which is not subject to speculation. Regardless, the nation's monetary system should not be based upon fiat currency or on fractional reserve banking as it is today.

D.C. VOTING RIGHTS

The land for the District of Columbia was originally ceded by Virginia and Maryland in 1801, however when the Slave Trade was outlawed in DC, Virginia petitioned to have its land returned. In 1840, this became what is now known as Arlington and Alexandria. Since only states (not U.S. Territories) have voting representatives in Congress, it would be Unconstitutional to give D.C. a voting Representative under any arrangement, regardless of party considerations. The best way to give D.C. residents voting representation in Congress (without violating the city's neutrality as the nation's Capitol) is to retrocede the remaining land back to Maryland, just as was done in Virginia. Like the Pentagon in Arlington, any federal buildings, monuments, national parks, and other federal land would remain under the control of the Federal Government.

MARRIAGE

Although there is no Constitutional provision for Federal involvement in marriage, Title 1, Section 7 of the U.S. Code defines marriage as "a legal union between one man and one woman..." I would not vote to change this, unless it was to remove government completely from the institution of marriage. I believe marriage is a religious sacrament,

Last edited by a moderator:
This guy has the right idea and he is right on target in believing this. These are the type people who need to be in Washington as protectors of the Constitution who want to see it upheld. Men and women with these convictions can lead America to prosperity, Candidates like this guy and Palin will achieve this despite the opposition of the Constitution from the left.

Broadus for Congress

Quote:

The Constitution provides Congress with the power to Coin Money and to regulate its value. It also holds that only Gold and Silver will be accepted as money among the States. I will work to return this nation to Sound Money, as in prior generations where a person could take their paper currency to the bank and exchange them for actual specie gold or silver. Although there is the potential for corruption and cornering the market with such a system, the current system has proven no better at preventing recessions, and has led to periods of booms and busts, including the Great Depression. Congress should be given the power to control the money supply and prevent corruption, in accordance with its Constitutional Powers. Should this prove impossible or impractical due to the expansion of today's economy and an unavailability of precious metals, then I firmly believe the Constitution should be amended to provide for another form of hard currency that will be abundant in supply and the value of which is not subject to speculation. Regardless, the nation's monetary system should not be based upon fiat currency or on fractional reserve banking as it is today.

D.C. VOTING RIGHTS

The land for the District of Columbia was originally ceded by Virginia and Maryland in 1801, however when the Slave Trade was outlawed in DC, Virginia petitioned to have its land returned. In 1840, this became what is now known as Arlington and Alexandria. Since only states (not U.S. Territories) have voting representatives in Congress, it would be Unconstitutional to give D.C. a voting Representative under any arrangement, regardless of party considerations. The best way to give D.C. residents voting representation in Congress (without violating the city's neutrality as the nation's Capitol) is to retrocede the remaining land back to Maryland, just as was done in Virginia. Like the Pentagon in Arlington, any federal buildings, monuments, national parks, and other federal land would remain under the control of the Federal Government.

MARRIAGE

Although there is no Constitutional provision for Federal involvement in marriage,

Your marriage paragraph is contradictory. And the part about Washington D.C. had me :rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:

Broadus for Congress

Quote:

D.C. VOTING RIGHTS

MARRIAGE

Although there is no Constitutional provision for Federal involvement in marriage, Title 1, Section 7 of the U.S. Code defines marriage as "a legal union between one man and one woman..." I would not vote to change this, unless it was to remove government completely from the institution of marriage. I believe marriage is a religious sacrament,

i'm getting sick of having to edit your posts. you've been told numerous times not to post aricles beyong one ore two paragraphs. the next time you do it, you'll be going for a vacation-del

this guy has the right idea and he is right on target in believing this. These are the type people who need to be in washington as protectors of the constitution who want to see it upheld. Men and women with these convictions can lead america to prosperity, candidates like this guy and palin will achieve this despite the opposition of the constitution from the left.

broadus for congress

quote:

The constitution provides congress with the power to coin money and to regulate its value. It also holds that only gold and silver will be accepted as money among the states. I will work to return this nation to sound money, as in prior generations where a person could take their paper currency to the bank and exchange them for actual specie gold or silver. Although there is the potential for corruption and cornering the market with such a system, the current system has proven no better at preventing recessions, and has led to periods of booms and busts, including the great depression. Congress should be given the power to control the money supply and prevent corruption, in accordance with its constitutional powers. Should this prove impossible or impractical due to the expansion of today's economy and an unavailability of precious metals, then i firmly believe the constitution should be amended to provide for another form of hard currency that will be abundant in supply and the value of which is not subject to speculation. Regardless, the nation's monetary system should not be based upon fiat currency or on fractional reserve banking as it is today.

D.c. Voting rights

the land for the district of columbia was originally ceded by virginia and maryland in 1801, however when the slave trade was outlawed in dc, virginia petitioned to have its land returned. In 1840, this became what is now known as arlington and alexandria. Since only states (not u.s. Territories) have voting representatives in congress, it would be unconstitutional to give d.c. A voting representative under any arrangement, regardless of party considerations. The best way to give d.c. Residents voting representation in congress (without violating the city's neutrality as the nation's capitol) is to retrocede the remaining land back to maryland, just as was done in virginia. Like the pentagon in arlington, any federal buildings, monuments, national parks, and other federal land would remain under the control of the federal government.

Marriage

although there is no constitutional provision for federal involvement in marriage, title 1, section 7 of the u.s. Code defines marriage as "a legal union between one man and one woman..." i would not vote to change this, unless it was to remove government completely from the institution of marriage. I believe marriage is a religious sacrament,

i'm getting sick of having to edit your posts. You've been told numerous times not to post aricles beyong one ore two paragraphs. The next time you do it, you'll be going for a vacation-del

xxxxxxxx

Last edited:
Well this fellow doesn't know the Constitution very well. His web site his claims, under the title Czars and Cabenet Members, that all Presidential appointments must be confirmed by the Senate, or the power to appoint other Officers must be granted by the Congress.

In fact that is the case, The Senate still must confirm cabenet posts and the power to appoint other officers has been granted to the President. This also applied to President Bush as well.

I don't trust anyone using the term Czar to describe presidential appointments to various department heads. It's a rhetoical tactic to make morons think the president is abusing power.

Broadus for Congress

Quote:

D.C. VOTING RIGHTS

MARRIAGE

i'm getting sick of having to edit your posts. you've been told numerous times not to post aricles beyong one ore two paragraphs. the next time you do it, you'll be going for a vacation-del

You really are a fuckng little weasel, aren't you!

Would someone explain to me why there are so many low life liberals who are moderators on political forums? Must be the power kick.

:lol: I love it when people call Del a liberal.

You really are a fuckng little weasel, aren't you!

Would someone explain to me why there are so many low life liberals who are moderators on political forums? Must be the power kick.

:lol: I love it when people call Del a liberal.

He sure isn't a conservative. He's a moonbat liberal. He's also a little cocksucking weasel.

Forum List

Back