Taxpayers foot bill for United States Holocaust Memorial Museum

Sunni Man

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2008
Patriotic American Muslim
In 1980, Congress voted unanimously to create the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum adjacent to the National Mall in Washington, D.C. The museum is the United States’s national institution for the documentation, study, and interpretation of Holocaust history and serves as the national memorial to the victims of the Holocaust.

The museum is supported by a combination of government and private funds. In Fiscal Year 2003, the budget was $57.2 million ($38.4 Federal; $18.8 private). The museum has 200,000 members.

Question: should taxpayers be forced to contribute to a museum dedicated to an alleged event that happened on the other side of the world. And involved people who where not even Americans?

www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/Holocaust/u

Last edited:
I just feel that the American Indians should have a large museum dedicated to their almost complete genocide that happened right here in our nation.

Instead of a taxpayer funded museum dedicated to non Americans who lived in Europe.

Thanks for the link.

I am glad we have a National Museum dedicated to the American Indian.

But, my orginal question in the Op was: "should taxpayers be forced to contribute to a museum dedicated to an alleged event that happened in Europe. And involved people who where not even Americans"?

Thanks for the link.

I am glad we have a National Museum dedicated to the American Indian.

But, my orginal question in the Op was: "should taxpayers be forced to contribute to a museum dedicated to an xxxxxxx event that happened in Europe. And involved people who where not even Americans"?

I already answered that, glad you're finding your way back on track.

I have NO problemw with tax dollars going to the Holocaust Museum. Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it. THAT is why this museum is necessary. So that there is NEVER another Hitler and NEVER another Holocaust allowed to unfold in this world.

You responded by asking me what North American Indian Tribe I was from.

Sure, makes sense to me. :eusa_doh: :lol:

Taxpayers foot bill for United States Holocaust Memorial Museum
In 1980, Congress voted unanimously to create the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum adjacent to the National Mall in Washington, D.C. The museum is the United States’s national institution for the documentation, study, and interpretation of Holocaust history and serves as the national memorial to the victims of the Holocaust.

The museum is supported by a combination of government and private funds. In Fiscal Year 2003, the budget was $57.2 million ($38.4 Federal; $18.8 private). The museum has 200,000 members.

Question: should taxpayers be forced to contribute to a museum dedicated to an alleged event that happened on the other side of the world. And involved people who where not even Americans

I think everyone who is committed of a hate crime should be forced to do community service in the Holocaust Museum. Jewish and Native American. We have too much of this silliness and its important to see not just Shiites and Sunni's go at it in an "uncivilized" part of the world but a civilized European Nation is still capable of that kind of hate.

Having a museum dedicated to a gigantic hoax isn't going to stop genocide in the world.

Nor will it keep another Hitler like person from obtaining power.

Only if there are enough assholes like you in the world.

Actually, I am a friend to the Jews.

If there was ever a final solution type of event here in the US

I would hide any jews who sought my help. :cool:

People here on this board misunderstand me.

I am a real friend to the Jews.

I do believe they should have their own land and nation.

Where they can be separated from the rest of humanity and live in peaceful isolation.

Somewhere like Greenland or Antarctica, or a big island most anywhere.

Last edited:

Question: should taxpayers be forced to contribute to a museum dedicated to an alleged event that happened on the other side of the world. And involved people who where not even Americans?

www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/Holocaust/u

At a time when we have a real unemployment rate of 17% and a 14 trillion dollar deficit. Hell no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forum List

Back