Corporate Income Tax
Court Fines (indirect taxes)
Dog License Tax
Federal Income Tax
Federal Unemployment Tax (FUTA)
Fishing License Tax
Food License Tax
Fuel permit tax
Gasoline Tax (42 cents per gallon, plus states and surtaxes)
Hunting License Tax
Inheritance Tax Interest expense (tax on the money)
Inventory Tax IRS Interest Charges (tax on top of tax)
IRS Penalties (tax on top of tax)
Liquor Tax
Local Income Tax
Luxury Taxes
Marriage License Tax
Medicare Tax
Property Tax
Real Estate Tax
Septic Permit Tax
Service Charge Taxes
Social Security Tax
Road Usage Taxes (Truckers)
Sales Taxes
Recreational Vehicle Tax
Road Toll Booth Taxes
School Tax
State Income Tax
State Unemployment Tax (SUTA)
Telephone federal excise tax
Telephone federal universal service fee tax
Telephone federal, state and local surcharge taxes
Telephone minimum usage surcharge tax
Telephone recurring and nonrecurring charges tax
Telephone state and local tax
Telephone usage charge tax
Toll Bridge Taxes
Toll Tunnel Taxes
Traffic Fines (indirect taxation)
Trailer registration tax
Utility Taxes
Vehicle License Registration Tax
Vehicle Sales Tax
Watercraft registration Tax
Well Permit Tax
Workers Compensation Tax

COMMENT: Not one of these taxes existed 100 years ago and our nation was
the most prosperous in the world, had absolutely no national debt, had the
largest middle class in the world, and Mom stayed home to raise the kids.
What the happened?

It's like when we pushed westward....Indian men hunted a little, fished a bit, mostly just lieing around and goofing off while the women did all of the real work..and we white men thought we could improve on a system like that!!!!

I have seen this list before and every time I do it makes me:puke: I wish that we all had to write a check for each and every one of these taxes instead of having the automically witheld. I think that would lead to a revolt by all who had to write the check.

Originally posted by remie
I wish that we all had to write a check for each and every one of these taxes instead of having the automically witheld. I think that would lead to a revolt by all who had to write the check.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Very true!!!

Originally posted by JAMES UHLRICH
TAXES.

COMMENT: Not one of these taxes existed 100 years ago and our nation was
the most prosperous in the world, had absolutely no national debt, had the
largest middle class in the world, and Mom stayed home to raise the kids.
What the happened?
I'm sure this was a rhetorical question but what happened is that people expected to have the government insure that they had ample food of every type, medical care for every ill, transportation and the roads upon which to use it, housing with heat and AC, telephone service, fire stations and ambulances, police, etc. They want all dangers removed from their existence. They want to be inconvenienced not at all. And they want all this from birth to death (regardless of how long life expectancy is), no matter if they work, don't work or are retired.

Therefore, we pay and pay and pay.

Nice reply Moi, you could also add "free college tution", whatever that means. But some democratic canidates are talking about it. Were in the constitution are all of these condtions guaranteed?

Originally posted by MtnBiker
Nice reply Moi, you could also add "free college tution", whatever that means. But some democratic canidates are talking about it. Were in the constitution are all of these condtions guaranteed?
Thanks for the compliment. Absolutely none of these things is guaranteed by the Constitution. None. Zip. Zilch.

But let's face it, our liberal bretheren are rarely concerned with what the Constitution actually does say versus what they wish it said.

Originally posted by remie
I have seen this list before and every time I do it makes me:puke: I wish that we all had to write a check for each and every one of these taxes instead of having the automically witheld. I think that would lead to a revolt by all who had to write the check.

Absolutely! If citizens really new how much they paid in taxes, things would change.

I have a prediction for a new tax we will see in our lifetimes: A Federal Property Tax on Savings and Investments.

As the ratio of contributors to benficiaries of Social Security continues to drop, the SS system will break. By that time, we will have reached the limits on income taxes - so the only thing to go after will be assets. The states already own real property taxes - but the principals on investments and savings are not taxed. I can just picture the class warfare rhetoric about how people who were frugal and disciplined enough to save for their retirement have a responsibility to help those who weren't.

Forum List

Back